Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strato.de disappeared after order - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strato.de disappeared after order

2»

Comments

• @Samoht999 said:
    Yesterday after my post, I ordered the 1€ vps again (second time) on their website.
    I received now an email that I can login to the control panel.

Firstly I wouldn't have re-ordered a server from a provider from where I didn't get a response for the first time.

I think particularly '1€ vps' is not what they provide much support for or care for. There are hundreds of other options to buy from. So it is wise to cancel the server and move on.

Thanked by 1Samoht999
  • Samoht999Samoht999 Member

@aakashmishra007 said:

@Samoht999 said:
    Yesterday after my post, I ordered the 1€ vps again (second time) on their website.
    I received now an email that I can login to the control panel.

Firstly I wouldn't have re-ordered a server from a provider from where I didn't get a response for the first time.

I think particularly '1€ vps' is not what they provide much support for or care for. There are hundreds of other options to buy from. So it is wise to cancel the server and move on.

You are right, I could ask for a refund, but I have 14 days for it.

I paid 1€ for 1gb of ram but I got just 870mb.

Let's see if they can give me those 150mb back.

• yoyekyoyek Member

I wanted to get me 1€ vps from Strato few days ago as well. Created account, went through order and got an email that in order to get through verification process I need to call them. Unfortunately I do not speak German, their phone has no English option, and all the emails contain "you can't reply to this email". I don't mind verification, but gave up with this one.
    Went to ionos, same thing. But the email did.not have "you can't reply to this email", so replied in English and an English speaking person called me back. Went through that process fine.
    PS. Ionos VPS also has 856M of RAM...

@yoyek said:
    I wanted to get me 1€ vps from Strato few days ago as well. Created account, went through order and got an email that in order to get through verification process I need to call them. Unfortunately I do not speak German, their phone has no English option, and all the emails contain "you can't reply to this email". I don't mind verification, but gave up with this one.
    Went to ionos, same thing. But the email did.not have "you can't reply to this email", so replied in English and an English speaking person called me back. Went through that process fine.

Are you happy with 856?
    I'm luckier I have 877

How the support replied me that they ask for a 'free' in the console

Let's see

• yoyekyoyek Member
    edited July 1

@Samoht999 said:

@yoyek said:

Are you happy with 856?
    I'm luckier I have 877

Let's see

I was thinking about complaining, but did not bother yet to open a case. Probably should.

EDIT: haha, just looked around the client area, the only contact option is phone, no support ticketing system. Geeeez...

@yoyek said:

@Samoht999 said:

@yoyek said:

Are you happy with 856?
    I'm luckier I have 877

Let's see

I was thinking about complaining, but did not bother yet to open a case. Probably should.

EDIT: haha, just looked around the client area, the only contact option is phone, no support ticketing system. Geeeez...

Did you call them?

• yoyekyoyek Member

@Samoht999 said:

Did you call them?

No, as mentioned, I don't speak German, I'm not in Germany, and don't feel like going through somehow requesting someone who speaks English to call me back for this.
    Lesson learned for me, Ionos means completely NO support for non German speakers...

Thanked by 1Samoht999

Strato answered that it's normal to have 170mb of reserved ram on a 1gb vps.

I sent them a request for cancellation of the yearly contract .

• ehabehab Member

@Samoht999 said:

u want the remaining 170mb?

@ehab said:

@Samoht999 said:

At least 75.
    Netcup out of 1gb has 952mb usable

952(netcup) - 877(strato) = 75

• ehabehab Member

@Samoht999 said:

@ehab said:

@Samoht999 said:

At least 75.

• MoopahMoopah Member

@Samoht999 said:

@ehab said:

@Samoht999 said:

At least 75.

At this rate, soon providers will be selling 1 GB VPS with 750 MB usable ram

• ehabehab Member

@Moopah said:

@Samoht999 said:

@ehab said:

@Samoht999 said:

At least 75.

At this rate, soon providers will be selling 1 GB VPS with 750 MB usable ram

• MoopahMoopah Member

@ehab said:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ehabehab Member

too many complain about mb's

all slaps are good

• TakuTaku Member

@yoyek said:

@Samoht999 said:

Did you call them?

No, as mentioned, I don't speak German, I'm not in Germany, and don't feel like going through somehow requesting someone who speaks English to call me back for this.
    Lesson learned for me, Ionos means completely NO support for non German speakers...

Not sure why that should stop you. Every single German providers that I dealt with, including the ones with zero English on their website, has English support. Most Germans are actually quite fluent in English.

• yoyekyoyek Member
    edited 4:43PM

At this stage I not desperate enough to try to understand what the machine wants from me, there's no obvious "For English press 9" ;)
    Anyway, big company providing IT services does not have a ticketing system in the client area and forces clients to call them on the phone - my mind boggles!