Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiences with: 1984.hosting, FlokiNET.is, Njal.la?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Experiences with: 1984.hosting, FlokiNET.is, Njal.la?

For anything: quality of service, attitudes/behavior of support, overall impressions. I have not had the best time with Njalla, but I realize that my experience is not universal.

I am looking at offshore (but not necessarily DMCA-ignored) hosting and domain providers, focusing on their reputation for honoring free speech.

Comments

• ehhthingehhthing Member

In general 1984.is will not allow hate speech if that's what you're looking for.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@10thHouse said: focusing on their reputation for honoring free speech.

>

Hello , if you are interested , iHostART.Com accept free speech , we host lot of pro LQBTQ forums / Anti LGBTQ forums , Nazi , Theoretical Conspiracy websites , lot of other things

Regards,
    calin

Thanked by 11nf
  • BuyVM, IncogNET, or iHostArt

The providers you mentioned are some of the worst in the industry

• nohavpsnohavps Member, Patron Provider

@Calin said:

@10thHouse said: focusing on their reputation for honoring free speech.

>

Hello , if you are interested , iHostART.Com accept free speech , we host lot of pro LQBTQ forums / Anti LGBTQ forums , Nazi , Theoretical Conspiracy websites , lot of other things

Regards,
    calin

You scare me :#

If you are looking to host that type of content, @Calin it is a good option.

• @mikewazar said:
    BuyVM, IncogNET, or iHostArt

I'll get BuyVM once Fran has what I'm looking for back in stock ;)

As for iHostART and IncogNET, I have servers with them and have been quite satisfied. I'm just looking at expanding my portfolio.

If you don't mind, what makes the providers I mentioned among the worst?

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

There's also orangewebsite from iceland.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
  • servers_guruservers_guru Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 19

You can check us out : https://servers.guru we are an offshore ( not bulletproof) no kyc provider ( if you pay with crypto). Check our TOS to know if what you plan on hosting will be allowed.

However we don't provide domain registration yet.

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • @ehhthing said:
    In general 1984.is will not allow hate speech if that's what you're looking for.

1984, like Njalla, seems to have a leftist bias. They would probably be OK with hate speech against whites and Jews. :D

I like providers who allow choice words for anyone ;)

Thanked by 2sillycat hyperblast
  • conceptconcept Member

Terrahost

• @concept said:
    Terrahost

Were they formerly affiliated with Epik? Or am I thinking of someone else.

• conceptconcept Member

@10thHouse said:

@concept said:
    Terrahost

Were they formerly affiliated with Epik? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Yup but they have been solid.

Thanked by 210thHouse sillycat
  • VoltrinaVoltrina Member
    edited June 19

@10thHouse said:
    For anything: quality of service, attitudes/behavior of support, overall impressions. I have not had the best time with Njalla, but I realize that my experience is not universal.

I am looking at offshore (but not necessarily DMCA-ignored) hosting and domain providers, focusing on their reputation for honoring free speech.

I have a couple of domains with FlokiNET. I never had any issues with them myself, but they used to have a clause in their TOS that forbade "COVID-19 misinformation" in the past, which somewhat concerned me while advertising as "free speech" at the same time.

Thanked by 210thHouse hyperblast
  • @Voltrina said:

@10thHouse said:

I have a couple of domains with FlokiNET. I never had any issues with them myself, but they used to have a clause in their TOS that forbade "COVID-19 misinformation" in the past, which somewhat concerned me while advertising as "free speech" at the same time.

That is indeed one of the concerns I've seen raised with them. While my goal is not to distribute medical information or misinformation, have you noticed any political biases or prejudices on FlokiNET's end?

• stefemanstefeman Member

1984.hosting does not allow "hate speech".
    FlokiNET.is does not allow "misinformation" and "hate speech"
    Njal.la does not allow "far right" stuff.
    Icognet does not allow DMCA ignored hosting.
    BuyVM USA allows "free speech" within reasonable limits in USA locations
    BuyVM EU allows DMCA ignored hosting in EU/LUX location.
    iHostArt allows basically everything as said above.

• @stefeman said:

Great summary, thank you! Do you have any idea for how often BuyVM restocks the smaller (512 MB and 1 GB RAM) plans?

• zGatozGato Member

@vsys_host is also there, but their normal VPS prices are a little bit on the higher end. Perhaps they also allow free speech content on their Cheap VPS plans (though DMCA-free on those plans is a no no)

Thanked by 210thHouse vsys_host
  • @zGato said:
    @vsys_host is also there, but their normal VPS prices are a little bit on the higher end. Perhaps they also allow free speech content on their Cheap VPS plans (though DMCA-free on those plans is a no no)

Vsys seems solid, but like you said, a bit on the pricier side. I haven't ruled them out, though.

Thanked by 1vsys_host
  • emghemgh Member

@10thHouse said:

@stefeman said:

Great summary, thank you! Do you have any idea for how often BuyVM restocks the smaller (512 MB and 1 GB RAM) plans?

512 never

1024 as far as I’ve seen, less and less

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • totototototo Member

@10thHouse said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=buyvm+notifer

As far as I know, Las Vegas (512MB) was restocked on the following dates:
    3/19, 3/26, 3/27, 4/8, 4/9, 4/11, 4/15, 4/19, 4/22, 4/25, 4/30, 5/3, 5/8, 6/7, 6/9, 6/11, 6/13.

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • @tototo said:

@10thHouse said:

3/19, 3/26, 3/27, 4/8, 4/9, 4/11, 4/15, 4/19, 4/22, 4/25, 4/30, 5/3, 5/8, 6/7, 6/9, 6/11, 6/13.

Damn, I better be faster next time!

• VoltrinaVoltrina Member
    edited June 19

@10thHouse said:

@Voltrina said:

@10thHouse said:

That is indeed one of the concerns I've seen raised with them. While my goal is not to distribute medical information or misinformation, have you noticed any political biases or prejudices on FlokiNET's end?

From what I have noticed, they do tend to lean more towards the left, but I've seen them protect right-wing sites just as much publicly, while lurking at their Twitter account.

Their support has been professional and friendly with me every time. I host personal stuff with them for the most part and not anything that attracts too many abuse complaints, though.

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • @Voltrina said:

@10thHouse said:

@Voltrina said:

@10thHouse said:

From what I have noticed, they do tend to lean more towards the left, but I've seen them protect right-wing sites just as much publicly, while lurking at their Twitter account.

Their support has been professional and friendly with me every time. I host personal stuff for the most part and not anything that attracts too much abuse complaints, though.

Thanks for the info. They seem like the best out of the 3 I mentioned, although I'll probably be sticking to MannDude, Calin, and soon, Francisco's services for now.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @10thHouse said:

@tototo said:

@10thHouse said:

There’s a discord bot that notifies you when they restock, it’s basically every day or atleast every other day recently for lux location 1gb/2gb

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • @allthemtings said:

@10thHouse said:

@tototo said:

@10thHouse said:

There’s a discord bot that notifies you when they restock, it’s basically every day or atleast every other day recently for lux location 1gb/2gb

Is it the one on their discord server?

https://discord.gg/62ZrFhP4Br

• @10thHouse said:

@allthemtings said:

@10thHouse said:

@tototo said:

@10thHouse said:

Is it the one on their discord server?

https://discord.gg/62ZrFhP4Br

No, I’m not sure what the hell that discord is 😂

I’ll drop you a dm with the stock notification server

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • ailiceailice Member

1984 or FlokiNET never be free-speech from first place and I dont know what they said about "free-speech"
    Njal.la is more like proxy which if something big happens, they gladly kick without have any time to backup.
    I always stick with terrahost (for a moment) If I hosting question-able site, for 2 years they never boot me out.

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • sillycatsillycat Member

@ailice said: they gladly kick without have any time to backup

Kicked out? Lmao. They will just hijack your nameservers and then tell you to BTFO. This aligns very well with Peter’s communistic views: 'It's not your domain, it's OUR domain!'

• @10thHouse said:

FlokiNET.is and Njal.la absolut not recommended.

• @10thHouse said:

@mikewazar said:

If you don't mind, what makes the providers I mentioned among the worst?

njal.la - search let "njal.la + leftwing + terrorists"
    floki - search let "floki+covid"

Thanked by 2sillycat 10thHouse