Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEEDED!! 10 Established Forum Members to Stress Test our New KVM Host - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEEDED!! 10 Established Forum Members to Stress Test our New KVM Host

Comments

• @IceCream said:
    ReviewLinux 9.2 would be fine.

Its added

• ReviewLinuxReviewLinux Member
    edited January 2014

@Nick_A said:
    You've run a web hosting company for 10 years and have to copy someone else's AUP/TOS without permission?

Nick,

It seems that parts of your TOS AUP were used in my versions of those dosc without permission. I apologize as I hurried that part of my design along and should have spent a day adding my own flare into them. I just wanted to get across the same terms as I agreed with them as I am a customer of yours. Your docs are straight to the point and not wordy and I do not think I could have done better.

If you want me to remove them I will. Please accept my deepest apologizes

Michael Perks

• @ReviewLinux said:

Your response to blatantly copying TOS/AUP is interesting and conflicted. On one hand you make out it was unintentional and then say you did it on purpose because you think they are good.

• @Virtovo

Either way it's a Tos/Aup to be honest most company's on LET don't write their own, Just edit templates so it isn't a big deal which people seem to be making out of it. and from their test results I can see they seem better then most of LET.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited January 2014

@MonsteR said:
    Virtovo

Either way it's a Tos/Aup to be honest most company's on LET don't write their own, Just edit templates so it isn't a big deal which people seem to be making out of it. and from their test results I can see they seem better then most of LET.

I can't say I agree with you on any points. Hosts should write a TOS in cooperation with legal advice and know every single part of it inside and out.

Stealing a TOS/AUP without permission or at least credit says a lot about the host and the owner's integrity.

I think test results on a resold server from Getdedi/colocrossing from a small sample of users is not indicative of a hosts quality.

Although I can understand where you are coming from. RaptorNode's ToS is a template. It's unfortunate to see you haven't fixed any of the spelling errors though:

"We do not miss lead customers with hidden costs unlike many other web hosting companies"

• @Virtovo said:
    I think test results on a resold server from Dedidirect/colocrossing from a small sample of users is not indicative of a hosts quality.

I think there are 4-5 Hosts on LET which actually own their own network/infrastructures, Therefore your statement about it being a resold server has nothing to do with the results of his tests. Clearly his server setup has his clients in mind (on his Resold Server!!) With the speed/performance oppose to making more profit per server on bigger drives i.e Sata oppose to raid10 SSDs.

• @MonsteR said:
    I think there are 4-5 Hosts on LET which actually own their own network/infrastructures, Therefore your statement about it being a resold server has nothing to do with the results of his tests. Clearly his server setup has his clients in mind (on his Resold Server!!) With the speed/performance oppose to making more profit per server on bigger drives i.e Sata oppose to raid10 SSDs.

The resold part was not the point. Everyone is reselling something along the line even if they own hardware/networks. A provider is more than the hardware that customers are hosted on.

• @Virtovo said:
    The resold part was not the point. Everyone is reselling something along the line even if they own hardware/networks. A provider is more than the hardware that customers are hosted on.

It seems like your here just to put other host's down, Therefore if you don't have any valuable input don't post. However its interesting how you hide your company and identity from everyone to see on LET.

• @MonsteR said:
    It seems like your here just to put other host's down, Therefore if you don't have any valuable input don't post. However its interesting how you hide your company and identity from everyone to see on LET.

My input was on the blatant theft of a ToS/AUP and a conflicted response when caught. Im not sure what I'm hiding. I think you may be too paranoid. If I were looking to put hosts down, your website could keep me busy all day.

• @Virtovo said:

"Stealing a TOS/AUP without permission or at least credit says a lot about the host and the owner's integrity.

Dear Sir, I am baffled as to why you are posting. Immediately I apologized for my actions. Lawyer speak is lawyer speak If one were to Google portions of most any AUP you would find that these same statements are used on many AUP's The fact that I admitted it on this forum obviously gave you fuel to post and hear yourself read it again. Anyways if you wish to call my 1-866 number please do so. We can then have a mature discussion on this. Anyhow I am waiting to hear back from Nick on this matter and do as he wishes.

• @ReviewLinux said:
    Dear Sir, I am baffled as to why you are posting. Immediately I apologized for my actions. Lawyer speak is lawyer speak If one were to Google portions of most any AUP you would find that these same statements are used on many AUP's The fact that I admitted it on this forum obviously gave you fuel to post and hear yourself read it again. Anyways if you wish to call my 1-866 number please do so. We can then have a mature discussion on this. Anyhow I am waiting to hear back from Nick on this matter and do as he wishes.

Maybe the gravity of what you have done escapes both you and @MonsteR. I will agree however; that it's not my place to drag this on any further. It's Nick's decision as to how he wishes to proceed. I'm unlikely to share any additional info over telephone than I have in my posts, so I'll have to pass on that mature conversation. This will be my last post on the matter.

• @Virtovo

Thank you for your mature decision. Let let my service speak for itself and lack of editing. Which I think alot of people do.

edited January 2014

I have spun up 10 more testing slots for our New KVM Node. If you are interested in stress testing please go to: http://www.ecovm.net and click on the link KVM Virtualization Plans in upper right corner and then choose 1024MB EcoVM and use Code: 62XSCFAT7W to make bill zero and test away for the next 2 weeks.

Any concerns email [email protected]

Thanks

Michael Perks

• @IceCream Gentoo is no longer Centos lol

• Thanks alot :) Weird how this could happened. Maybe CentOS wanted to be my OS hehe :p

edited January 2014

@IceCream said:
    Thanks alot :) Weird how this could happened. Maybe CentOS wanted to be my OS hehe

What happened was I must have checked off the distro above which was CentOS. When add ISO to a media group sometimes I have to click twice before it will take ??? I am putting it down to old age and my mac...

• @k0nsl said:

ReviewLinux:

After the test period is over, will the specs stay the same?

I will keep the VPS after the test period is over because I saw you're OK with IRCDs in your AUP, and I need one in that location. You're with ColoCrossing, right?

Thanks.

Yes all specs are staying the same.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Michael and I have discussed the issue privately.

On a related note, this is the second time someone has been caught publicly using large portions of our TOS/AUP verbatim. If anyone wants to use some of it, all you have to do is ask beforehand... I don't bite.

• @Nick

Point taken

Michael Perks

• @Nick_A said:
    Michael and I have discussed the issue privately.

On a related note, this is the second time someone has been caught publicly using large portions of our TOS/AUP verbatim. If anyone wants to use some of it, all you have to do is ask beforehand... I don't bite.

Oh, Nick, that's a really bad idea, if the person stole one time be sure he will steal more soon as well.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

In this particular case, I'm not too worried about it. Michael seems to enjoy his service with us.

• I signed up for the test. All emails ended up in spam folder btw

Thanked by 1ReviewLinux
  • @AlanB said:
    I signed up for the test. All emails ended up in spam folder btw

Had to add my new ip too SPF entry in DNS. Thanks

• I get this for the Client Area:

• The following errors occurred:
    The promotion code entered has already been used

• @k0nsl said:

I get this for the Client Area:

Are these errors still occuring? What browser? Mike

• I'm using Chrome 31, full user agent information:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.63 Safari/537.36

The error(s) is not occurring any longer. But my one and only ticket dissipated into nothingness :P

@ReviewLinux said:
    Are these errors still occuring? What browser? Mike

• @ReviewLinux said:
    I have spun up 10 more testing slots for our New KVM Node. If you are interested in stress testing please go to: http://www.ecovm.net and click on the link KVM Virtualization Plans in upper right corner and then choose 1024MB EcoVM and use Code: 62XSCFAT7W to make bill zero and test away for the next 2 weeks.

all gone! need any more testers?

edited January 2014

OK I am opening up 10 more slots of testing on 512MB EcoVM This testing may last only a week. Code: thatsit
    Go to http://www.ecovm.net and work your way to plans and order. Thanks everyone .. Michael Perks

• @Bruce said:

10 more 512MB just ready to spin up