Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are there any other panels other than cpanel, directadmin & plesk? also whats stackcp?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

are there any other panels other than cpanel, directadmin & plesk? also whats stackcp?

ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
edited June 13 in General

are there any other panels other than cpanel, directadmin & plesk? or are they the only ones that are preferred by the public?

I saw some selling something called StackCP but never found any info on it on google, other than that I've seen people prefer CPanel and see directadmin and plesk as an alternative for that.

Are there any other panels are are considered for providing hosting service to the public?

also where can I view StackCP or whatever? I'd like to take a look at it.

also ya don't mention panels that don't offer the feature to sell reseller accounts.

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 13

@ArrowBoi said: I saw some selling something called StackCP but never found any info on it on google

Yep, no results on google for StackCP, nor this forum.
    Not a single one.

• sh97sh97 Member, Host Rep

HestiaCP is pretty decent, I've seen a few people use it.
    It's FOSS, too.

• ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member

@sh97 said:
    HestiaCP is pretty decent, I've seen a few people use it.
    It's FOSS, too.

yes but can't sell reseller hosting with it.

• cmeerwcmeerw Member

There is also LiveConfig

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

I highly doubt that there is a big market for hosting panels other than cPanel and DirectAdmin, unless you are a big player who can market very lucrative offers such as 20i with their own panel.

@labze said:
    I highly doubt that there is a big market for hosting panels other than cPanel and DirectAdmin, unless you are a big player who can market very lucrative offers such as 20i with their own panel.

I've noticed your pricing difference for your cpanel and directadmin plans, do people still come and purchase cpanel hosting from you even after seeing that directadmin is wayyy more affordable?

also does directadmin ask us to pay multiple times if we wish to install it on multiple vps? like lets say I want to install it on a germany vps and a new york vps.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@ArrowBoi said:

@labze said:

I've noticed your pricing difference for your cpanel and directadmin plans, do people still come and purchase cpanel hosting from you even after seeing that directadmin is wayyy more affordable?

Yes, there cPanel plans are the clear favorite for people outside of LET.

@ArrowBoi said:
    also does directadmin ask us to pay multiple times if we wish to install it on multiple vps? like lets say I want to install it on a germany vps and a new york vps.

You'll need to pay for a license per server.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

Of course there are.. There are MANY of them...

ApisCP is one developed by a user here.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

StackCP was made by the folks behind 20i, more info: https://www.20i.com/reseller-hosting/stackcp

Thanked by 1kdjma
  • I've used Stackcp in the past. I guess it's proprietary so you can only use it when you buy it from one of their resellers. There was one provider here who offered it but I don't remember their name.

• bapakebapake Member

ispmanager, cwp, cyberpanel

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep, LIR

Interworx is another option.

• daffydaffy Member
    edited June 13

Virtualmin has been my choice for the last 15 Odd years or so. Ispconfig also a solid free option.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

@_abhishek said:
    I've used Stackcp in the past. I guess it's proprietary so you can only use it when you buy it from one of their resellers. There was one provider here who offered it but I don't remember their name.

Kuroit sells it in their Unlimited Shared Web Hosting package, it's under their "Sale Offers" category.
    Honestly, it is one hell of a deal and StackCP is not bad at all.

• t0mt0m Member

Fastpanel

• Enhance, CWP

• edrebeedrebe Member

Webuzo

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas

@edrebe said:
    Webuzo

does it have an option to sell reseller accs?

• edrebeedrebe Member

yes

@edrebe said:
    yes

whats ur honest opinion over it vs other popular choices?

• edrebeedrebe Member

It's a user-level account (from a provider on OFG) and has good features (one of them is that you can select the backup destination).

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

This is very intelligent shilling for stackcp.

@Saahib said:
    This is very intelligent shilling for stackcp.

what does that mean

• neboyshaneboysha Member

Virtualmiin https://www.virtualmin.com/ is what I trust last couple of years. Started with Webmin for server management as visually better way than cli and jumped into Virtualmin world for hosting when got tired with writing apache/nginx configs on my own.

Virtualmin is good in preparing all configs for you and for vhosts and all configs are where they should be in OS structure. I had managed cPanel servers but I had never learnt where cPanel hiding all those configs (a little joke but one who had been dealing with it will understand).

I use DirectAdmin also for one shared hosting server and it is good.

Virtualmin also has paid version https://www.virtualmin.com/shop/ if you want reseller functionality.

• adilolvadilolv Member

Enhance.com :smile: it has a lot of great features, and best one is you can add as many servers as you like all linked to the main Panel (self-hosted).

https://i.imgur.com/VFaX45E.png

https://i.imgur.com/BCyEuCg.png

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas

@adilolv said:
    Enhance.com :smile: it has a lot of great features, and best one is you can add as many servers as you like all linked to the main Panel (self-hosted).

https://i.imgur.com/VFaX45E.png

https://i.imgur.com/BCyEuCg.png

oh so basically I won't need to install enhance separately whenever I wish to introduce a new location?

• adilolvadilolv Member

@ArrowBoi said: oh so basically I won't need to install enhance separately whenever I wish to introduce a new location?

That's right! and backup is included as separated role, so you can have dedicated backup server without need for external software like JetBackup!

• adilolvadilolv Member

Same thing for isolation, limits for each website ... no need for CloudLinux ...