Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello I need your help for start my webhost - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hello I need your help for start my webhost

Comments

• somiksomik Member

@xvps said:

@dhmo said:

GO FUCKING OTHER THREAD RIGHT NOW

If you harass me any further, I will consider it discrimination targeting Asians and will protest.

You have created 7 threads with panel questions and this is your second about CWP and then you expect people to take you serious. :D

And then you play the race card when we don't. :D

New LET rule recommendation:
    If they want to play the race card, submit proof of race by posting their full size photo, national ID card photo and passport photo :lol:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • kaitkait Member

@somik said: proof of race by posting their full size photo

You're doing a cock size discrimination right here my dude.

• totototototo Member

@dhmo said:
    If you harass me any further, I will consider it discrimination targeting Asians and will protest.

Your being Asian isn't the reason for ridicule; it's your ignorance and arrogance.
    (It was your initial dismissal of their sound advice that got you here)

• dhmodhmo Member

and?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@dhmo said:

@CalmDown said:

@dhmo said:

@CalmDown said:

@dhmo said:
    I did my research and asking here.

And what kind of re-search you've did? Are you able to share it?

About Panels.
    I tested many panels and there are good panels and bad panels.
    FastPanel is good, but no API.
    CWP is looks good but its paid.etc

You know that's a bad research, right? I do understand that you're not a highly experienced person, but let me give you a small advice.

Do proper research. It won't take 1 hour or even 1 day, it might take a week to test and debug everything. Then, when you have really specific and targeted questions - come back here and ask, experienced guys will be happy to help because currently it just sounds like "i want to".

You're talking about API, what's it for? You will develop an in-house solution to call API on specific action? It looks like it to me, but at the end, you will open a new thread asking for "coding help".

Again, no offence. Go with a simple solution, where everything is ready, start from it, learn from it and go forward. So choose - reselling hosting.

FastPanel have no official API to create account on panel etc.

Other panel such as DirectAdmin, e.g. have API, but the panels are paid.

and CWP is cheap but I am afraid about security or some risks.

Thanks for the advice. but If I do nothing, I will learn nothing so I wanna try

Do research, you're just looking at the google results and figuring shit out.

CWP is dogshit, crappy software with just bunch of monkey patches.

I can understand that you're trying to get more experience by starting with free hosting, but it isn't worth it.

You'll be handling abuse reports + FB phishing sites daily.

@dhmo said:

@Megumiso said:
    You'll have to develop yourself if you wanna have perfect, free, usable control panel.

There's no free "perfect" control panel you want.

Yeah, I need the way to seperate users environment securely. probably docker, but I am not sure how.

You should study a bit more, research/search and learn.

Knowledge is power.

Don't expect community members to spoonfeed you with information leading you to success, it doesn't happen here on LET.

Start out with reseller hosting, such as NC/HB or even Asura/Skynet.

• dhmodhmo Member

Ty for the good advice @FatGrizzly :)
    Okay.

I never heared about NC/HB or Skynet.
    For Skynet I heared in movie....

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@dhmo said:
    Okay.

Gosh.

Namecrane
    Hostbrr
    AsuraHosting
    SkynetHosting

• somiksomik Member

@kait said:

@somik said: proof of race by posting their full size photo

You're doing a cock size discrimination right here my dude.

Ya, no, I am NOT asking for a photo proof for that! :lol:

@FatGrizzly said:
    Do research, you're just looking at the google results and figuring shit out.

You must speak the 2024's lingo.

@dhmo Ask ChatGPT/Claude 3/Google Gemini :p

• kaitkait Member

@somik said: Ya, no, I am NOT asking for a photo proof for that! :lol:

Thats what a dick pick lover would say :wink: :heart:

• VoidVoid Member

@BruhGamer12 said:

@dhmo said:

@Void said:

@dhmo said:

MS said:
    These guys are very helpful.
    Contact them in their live chat. I'm sure you'll get all the helpp that you want.

they are so expensive service ........

But network is fast, my man

1.5 Mbps.....slower than my home wifi :joy:

its African megabits not american/european/asian so you might need to convert before making that statement.

Mzungubits per second

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • nocloudnocloud Member

Personally as a consumer, if I were in the market to get new hosting with a control panel. I would only buy from a provider that uses DirectAdmin or Cpanel, or plesk if I'm desperate. I wouldn't trust one of the free panels out there, I only use them for personal projects.

And the only way you will get customers using one of them is because of their lack of knowledge. Not saying other panels are inherently insecure, but they have much less exposure and somewhat of an unknown quantity, and I never heard of anyone using them for production site no matter how small scale.

I've never ran a hosting company, I wanted to give it a go many years ago but seemed too much hassle.

• stefemanstefeman Member

@tototo said:

@dhmo said:

Your being Asian isn't the reason for ridicule; it's your ignorance and arrogance.
    (It was your initial dismissal of their sound advice that got you here)

This, take a look at @yoursunny dude is a legend here and is also joining the fun laughing at you. Not to mention everyone knows he's damn good with IT field.

People are laughing at the fact your questions have no substance and you assume that mzunguhost is real when its obviously a meme site to troll summer hosts.

Thanked by 2yoursunny sasslik
  • ehabehab Member

where's my money?

@dhmo said:
    Hi, I am who wanna start webhost provider.

I want to ask which is good choice (1or2):

1. Use Resellers such as NameCrane, HostBrr reseller hosting (ill use DA then)

If you resell, you can focus on the service itself, and actual selling. Things will always work out, but there is not much to customize.

1. Self Hosted (ill use ControlWebPanel & Softaculonos or other good panel)

If you self host, you can configure your own servers and potentially get more resources for less money to sell, but you would need to setup it yourself and also manage it yourself. this includes backups, updates, etc.

(If use reseller, the reseller needs to allow me to do free webhost.)

Yes, they generally allow reselling.

If 1, my question is over, thanks you.
    and If 2, i wanna ask:

1. ControlWebPanel is worth? (they are not free, but incredibly cheap.)

Its rather unknown in webhosting field, so no. get directadmin or "shared cpanel license" (cracked) for best value. Or use hestiacp or cyberpanel if you want a free one that has softaculous included.

In that question, I wanna ask about the security, or something.
    2. I heared ControlWebPanel support Softaculonos, which softaculonos plan i need to buy?

Up to you.

1. If there are cheaper and better alternative of Control Web Panel, can you tell me?

Namecrane or selfhost with cyberpanel or hestiacp

My goal is provide free webhost.

Thats nice.

• ehabehab Member

@stefeman said:
    This, take a look at @yoursunny dude is a legend here and is also joining the fun laughing at you. Not to mention everyone knows he's damn good with IT field.

i only know yoursunny for ip6 ping-lings, awkward pushups, selling sweety pants and mud masturbation.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited May 23

@ehab said:

@stefeman said:

i only know yoursunny for ip6 ping-lings, awkward pushups, selling sweety pants and mud masturbation.

He actually has pretty serious projects based on his website and has competence.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ehabehab Member
    edited May 23

respect ... i hope i didn't mean it in a bad way.
    i know @stefeman and @yoursunny if i was ever in USA i will call and maybe visit you.
    we can mud wrestle
    anytime.
    nude wrestling i will visit you asap of course.

Thanked by 2yoursunny stefeman
  • dhmodhmo Member

@stefeman thanks for the answer.

@nocloud I see, I will find the way to get cPanel or DirectAdmin hosting.
    But Paying $25 per month for license is too costs for me :sob:

• nohavpsnohavps Member, Patron Provider

I feel that you are too young to be in this type of business, avoid stress, go out with your friends, live life and later learn, watch tutorials, teach yourself and from there take the leap to having a business. If you get $25 in licenses, it's because you don't know how. what a business entails: servers, backups, licenses, support, interventions, IPS range As, etc., there is just one piece of advice: live life and avoid stress because you can start cheap or give away the service but you will leave your clients stranded due to the fact that you don't have the knowledge

• somiksomik Member

@dhmo said:
    @stefeman thanks for the answer.

@nocloud I see, I will find the way to get cPanel or DirectAdmin hosting.
    But Paying $25 per month for license is too costs for me :sob:

Get a reseller plan with cPanel first. Try your hand in that before investing in cPanel + server + setup.

• dhmodhmo Member

cPanel is too expensive.
    and billied by amount of account, it's worse choice for free hostings.

• suyadi92suyadi92 Member

Free hosting? JUST DON'T.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
    edited May 24

why free hosting?

worst decision, just use the same time and dedication and start a paid hosting and get clients.

I don't understand why you'd want to waste money for no reason when you have no money.

Its a different case when you have a spare 50 or 100$ beside but as far as I've read, you're crying about not having money.

I'll tell you what, get a da reseller plan from hostbrr and get fossbilling and start a host, use youtube to promote your services. That's literally what you should be doing if you really wanna start a host rather than trying to open a free host.

• dhmodhmo Member

I just wanna do free host, for who wanna publish website with cheap price.
    ofc in the feature, I will start paid host too but start with free first to get experience.

• dhmodhmo Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@dhmo said:
    Okay.

Gosh.

Namecrane
    Hostbrr
    AsuraHosting
    SkynetHosting

NaneCrane, Hostbrr, Asura I know.
    Is Asura good?
    I tried NC and HB both good.

Any other recommend resellers?

Every panels are OK if include unlimited acc, bandwidth and Softaculous

• cybertechcybertech Member

@dhmo said:

hey Mr. Asian, do you need $10K go along with it?

how about a free dose of maturity?

• dhmodhmo Member
    edited May 24

As I have stated many times, it should have been stipulated that comments that are not in line with the thread owner's question or intent, or that are out of line with the purpose of the thread, should be created in a separate thread.

It means, Do not comment to this thread if you are not answering.

Generally speaking, asking for advice while being a dick is against the rules.

Im amazed the mods havent banned you yet. Dont act so entitled next time you ask for help and people might actually offer some advice.

• somiksomik Member

@cybertech said:

@dhmo said:

hey Mr. Asian, do you need $10K go along with it?

how about a free dose of maturity?

LOL! Be nice to the kid. Let him/her/them/it learn from their mistakes :lol:

@dhmo said:
    As I have stated many times, it should have been stipulated that comments that are not in line with the thread owner's question or intent, or that are out of line with the purpose of the thread, should be created in a separate thread.

It means, Do not comment to this thread if you are not answering.

Learn to "ignore" such comments. Remember, trolls love nothing more then attention, and by replying, attention is what you are giving them. The more you reply, the more their incentive to troll reply on your threads.

If you can't even take minor banter, go somewhere else. Public forum is not for you.

@stefeman said:
    Generally speaking, asking for advice while being a dick is against the rules.

Im amazed the mods havent banned you yet. Dont act so entitled next time you ask for help and people might actually offer some advice.

He/she/they/it isn't really being a dick, so I doubt the mods will have a reason to ban them :)

• Hey, using the CWP panel (Centos Web Panel) now (Control Web Panel) there is no problem whatsoever, what's the problem with paying a license for your IP VPS or Dedicated server?

I have consistently used CWP for years and the UI is better than other competitors. Supports all types of RHEL OS and is trusted and guaranteed security, do you doubt RHEL? They are experts in the field of IT and Cyber, don't make jokes. Bad security is because you may be using an old kernel.

This discussion has been closed.