Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please recommend me most private domain registrar! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please recommend me most private domain registrar!

2»

Comments

• MrRobMrRob Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@JosephF said:

@MrRob said:
    use VPN from your computer, remotely accessing a VPS and the VPS using VPN, and opening a TOR or Mullvad browse or standia browse.

Why would you go through all those steps?

Because you need to be behind at least 7 proxies.

Well, joking aside, i don't know either. Unless one feels it's actually needed to conceal one's country of residence it's probably way easier and even more safe to just connect to a public wifi network using a spoofed MAC address. Besides, i somewhat doubt Namecheap's fraud detection would like someone signing up through TOR much.

In my opinion the better option here would rather be to get an anonymous VPS (i.e. one that lets you signup over TOR with fake data and pay with crypto or even better some free/trial VPS the requires no payment at all) and setup a proxy there, which can be connected through TOR (VPN would obviously also work but it's a little more awkward to get the VPN client to use TOR where with a proxy all that's needed to reach it over TOR is socksified ssh port fowarding) and use that to buy the domain. Obviously nothing is stopping anyone from adding more hops but i don't really see this doing much besides complicating things or in case of using TOR (really any regularly abused anonymization service) as the last hop setting off red flags.

Sure, TOR is not to be 100% trusted so i somewhat see why someone might feel safer with more hops added but if i personally were this paranoid i'd probably prefer the open wifi approach anyways (obviously running some kind of sanitized system like Tails or whatever) as it's way simpler and pretty much impossible to trace back unless one places the laptop in front of a security camera letting it record the screen...

I think the general idea of simply using a normal registrar while hiding one's identity is quite practical and effective though.

Tails is secure, 100% approved!

• siemenssiemens Member

@jaimedelano said: Why not Njalla

Because they will take your domains and kick you out if you disagree with their politics.

@jaimedelano said:

@Levi said:
    Actually xuid.ru prices are insanely high. Why are they bad?

1. No reply to support ticket
    2. Domain suspended by the registry (apparently because the registrar i.e XUID provided invalid data)

Interesting, never knew, I will keep that in mind.

Thanked by 110thHouse