Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please recommend me most private domain registrar!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please recommend me most private domain registrar!

awoke9256awoke9256 Member

Hey folks,

Planning to use tuta mail with my own custom domain only for emails.

I need a rock solid domain registrar like njalla who which i can trust. I cannot use njalla since i cannot use crypto, only bank payments.

Ive gone through reddit and this forum and one registrar strikes which is portal.incognet.io .

Can you please share your recommendations ?

Comments

• dhmodhmo Member

Many registrar offer you FREE WHOIS PRIVACY, so If you are only going to host legitimate content.
    Normal Registrars will works too, and they accept Credit, Bank e.g. as I know.

Spaceship, NameCheap are trustable for you, I think.

• sh97sh97 Member

@MannDude (IncogNET) is prem

• AltesAltes Member

But... who is the adversary?

Every ICANN-accredited registrar has to take your personal information, even if you will be using the private WHOIS option. Put simply, the Joe Schmoe will not be able to see your personal information, but the law enforcement, etc. will be able to see the unredacted data without any need of a subpoena, or anything of the sort.

Resellers like IncogNET.io will register your domain under their personal information, and as long as you are ok with someone else being the legal owner of your domain (without a contract, your domain could easily get stolen, and things like this happen all the time)

I am not alluding to the fact that it happens with IncogNET, I've never used them, I am merely pointing out that it does happen, and there is not much you can do if you don't have a proper contract set in place.

Sometimes, simple solutions are the best solutions... go with a local domain registrar (that is also ICANN accredited), and use your personal information, but opt for the private whois. This way, you are basically protected in every sense.. and should any issues arise, you can lodge a complaint for next to nothing.

• Why not Njalla + virtual card paid with crypto?
    Stay away from xuid.ru / cheap-privacy.ru

• Use any provider + ask your cat to fill in his address. The domain obviously belongs to your cat now, he is the legal owner. Your cat then gives you permission to use the newly registered domain.

Thanked by 2tentor anubhavhirani
  • you should definitely not trust njalla, never!!

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • @jaimedelano said:
    Why not Njalla + virtual card paid with crypto?

stay away from njalla!

• LeviLevi Member

@hyperblast said:
    you should definitely not trust njalla, never!!

Why? It is good when someone takes the blame.

• @MannDude runs a tight ship!

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • @Levi said:

@hyperblast said:
    you should definitely not trust njalla, never!!

Why? It is good when someone takes the blame.

do the search here at let, google etc.

• lirrrlirrr Member

I threatened someone’s chicken to put its name and its barn address. No need for whois privacy.

• Most TDLs do not need to worry about privacy if you are not engaged in antisocial activities.
    There are some places that do not perform proper authentication when registering with registrar.
    However, such places do attract spammers, scammers, and other unsavory characters, so I do not consider them to be reliable registrars.

• LeviLevi Member

@jaimedelano said:

Actually xuid.ru prices are insanely high. Why are they bad?

• GhtGht Member

@awoke9256 said:
    Hey folks,

Planning to use tuta mail with my own custom domain only for emails.

I need a rock solid domain registrar like njalla who which i can trust. I cannot use njalla since i cannot use crypto, only bank payments.

Ive gone through reddit and this forum and one registrar strikes which is portal.incognet.io .

Can you please share your recommendations ?

Man stop thinging that njalla its trustable , they are just resellers and sell domains expensive. Actually no domain registrar its safe , if you mess with something that you cant handle , your dead , internet has no mercy and there are big fishes that eats you without telling you that they are going to eat you.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@jaimedelano said:

Where can you get a virtual card paid with crypto?

• HOSTCAYHOSTCAY Member

@JosephF said:

@jaimedelano said:

Where can you get a virtual card paid with crypto?

Ezzocard is a good one

• jaimedelanojaimedelano Member
    edited May 13

@Levi said:
    Actually xuid.ru prices are insanely high. Why are they bad?

1. No reply to support ticket
    2. Domain suspended by the registry (apparently because the registrar i.e XUID provided invalid data)

Thanked by 1adly
  • I have a domain with @MannDude and its good - its actually better than most other registers bc you get free super super basic web hosting with it.

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • MrRobMrRob Member
    edited May 13

The big mistake today is to continue to rely on Njall,
    Njall is not so private anymore, after complaints from many tv show groups, movies and etc, njall even agrees to deliver domains registered in their system.

I would even say in anonymity you can use namecheap or dynadot, or space (ALL ACEPT CRYPTO)

you can use fake email, fake name, and pay with cryptocurrencies.
    use VPN from your computer, remotely accessing a VPS and the VPS using VPN, and opening a TOR or Mullvad browse or standia browse.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited May 13

@MrRob said:
    use VPN from your computer, remotely accessing a VPS and the VPS using VPN, and opening a TOR or Mullvad browse or standia browse.

Why would you go through all those steps?

• edited May 14

@JosephF said:

@MrRob said:

Because you need to be behind at least 7 proxies.

Well, joking aside, i don't know either. Unless one feels it's actually needed to conceal one's country of residence it's probably way easier and even more safe to just connect to a public wifi network using a spoofed MAC address. Besides, i somewhat doubt Namecheap's fraud detection would like someone signing up through TOR much.

In my opinion the better option here would rather be to get an anonymous VPS (i.e. one that lets you signup over TOR with fake data and pay with crypto or even better some free/trial VPS the requires no payment at all) and setup a proxy there, which can be connected through TOR (VPN would obviously also work but it's a little more awkward to get the VPN client to use TOR where with a proxy all that's needed to reach it over TOR is socksified ssh port fowarding) and use that to buy the domain. Obviously nothing is stopping anyone from adding more hops but i don't really see this doing much besides complicating things or in case of using TOR (really any regularly abused anonymization service) as the last hop setting off red flags.

Sure, TOR is not to be 100% trusted so i somewhat see why someone might feel safer with more hops added but if i personally were this paranoid i'd probably prefer the open wifi approach anyways (obviously running some kind of sanitized system like Tails or whatever) as it's way simpler and pretty much impossible to trace back unless one places the laptop in front of a security camera letting it record the screen...

I think the general idea of simply using a normal registrar while hiding one's identity is quite practical and effective though.

Thanked by 1breached
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@JosephF said:

@MrRob said:

Well, joking aside, i don't know either. Unless one feels it's actually needed to conceal one's country of residence it's probably way easier and even more safe to just connect to a public wifi network using a spoofed MAC address. Besides, i somewhat doubt Namecheap's fraud detection would like someone signing up through TOR much.

In my opinion the better option here would rather be to get an anonymous VPS (i.e. one that lets you signup over TOR with fake data and pay with crypto or even better some free/trial VPS the requires no payment at all) and setup a proxy there, which can be connected through TOR (VPN would obviously also work but it's a little more awkward to get the VPN client to use TOR where with a proxy all that's needed to reach it over TOR is socksified ssh port fowarding) and use that to buy the domain. Obviously nothing is stopping anyone from adding more hops but i don't really see this doing much besides complicating things or in case of using TOR (really any regularly abused anonymization service) as the last hop setting off red flags.

Sure, TOR is not to be 100% trusted so i somewhat see why someone might feel safer with more hops added but if i personally were this paranoid i'd probably prefer the open wifi approach anyways (obviously running some kind of sanitized system like Tails or whatever) as it's way simpler and pretty much impossible to trace back unless one places the laptop in front of a security camera letting it record the screen...

I think the general idea of simply using a normal registrar while hiding one's identity is quite practical and effective though.

How easy and readily available is it to find an open WiFi, without requiring much travel?

• ehhthingehhthing Member

@Altes said:
    But... who is the adversary?

Every ICANN-accredited registrar has to take your personal information, even if you will be using the private WHOIS option. Put simply, the Joe Schmoe will not be able to see your personal information, but the law enforcement, etc. will be able to see the unredacted data without any need of a subpoena, or anything of the sort.

Resellers like IncogNET.io will register your domain under their personal information, and as long as you are ok with someone else being the legal owner of your domain (without a contract, your domain could easily get stolen, and things like this happen all the time)

I am not alluding to the fact that it happens with IncogNET, I've never used them, I am merely pointing out that it does happen, and there is not much you can do if you don't have a proper contract set in place.

Sometimes, simple solutions are the best solutions... go with a local domain registrar (that is also ICANN accredited), and use your personal information, but opt for the private whois. This way, you are basically protected in every sense.. and should any issues arise, you can lodge a complaint for next to nothing.

Would also like to point out that having a contract means if you want to exercise the contract, you have to file a public lawsuit that will obviously contain your personal information.

• edited May 14

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

@MrRob said:

How easy and readily available is it to find an open WiFi, without requiring much travel?

Well, i'm not sure where you are located but at least around here shops, cafes, malls sometimes run public access points (i think free wifi is pretty much a standard service for Starbucks but i'm not sure because i never go there). There's also free wifi on trains (maybe also some train stations?) but that might not be all that practical. Sometimes people also simply (mis-?) configure guest networks to be available without password. Just get or script (it's pretty easy) some tool to scan for open networks and walk around your area a bit. I'd say chances are pretty good you'll find something.

It's been a while since i've last scanned for networks but i used to be able to connect to 3 open networks (well actually 5 but one was a printer and one was on a bus that would pass by every couple of hours) from the comfort of my very home (one small shop, some random person and a company which probably ran it for their visitors - admittedly by placing an antenna quite a bit above ground but i could as well just have walked a little towards the source) and i'm not exactly in a central area. Probably not the best idea to use a network that close to one's address but i guess you get the picture. Open wifis are not exactly rare.

• adlyadly Veteran

@JosephF said:

@MrRob said:

Thanked by 1xvps
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

@MrRob said:

Well, i'm not sure where you are located but at least around here shops, cafes, malls sometimes run public access points (i think free wifi is pretty much a standard service for Starbucks but i'm not sure because i never go there). There's also free wifi on trains (maybe also some train stations?) but that might not be all that practical. Sometimes people also simply (mis-?) configure guest networks to be available without password. Just get or script (it's pretty easy) some tool to scan for open networks and walk around your area a bit. I'd say chances are pretty good you'll find something.

It's been a while since i've last scanned for networks but i used to be able to connect to 3 open networks (well actually 5 but one was a printer and the most i probably could have done would have been to mess with it's configuration or have it print random garbage - not exactly useful... and one was on a bus that would pass by every couple of hours - i guess if one is very quick but still not really exciting) from the comfort of my very home (one small shop, some random person and a company which probably ran it for their visitors - admittedly by placing a 9dbi antenna quite a bit above ground but i could as well just have walked a little towards the source) and i'm not exactly in a central area. Probably not the best idea to use a network that close to one's address but i guess you get the picture. Open wifis are not exactly rare.

With spoofing your MAC address, you'd feel comfortable using an open WiFi with no other intermediaries (i.e. VPN, proxy, socks, TOR, etc.)?

• IncogNet is the place to go: https://incognet.io/anonymous-domains

I have like a dozen domains I transferred there like a year ago.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@ChrisMiller said:
    IncogNet is the place to go: https://incognet.io/anonymous-domains

I have like a dozen domains I transferred there like a year ago.

If they're transferred domains, your old registrars will still have your non-anonymous information.

• edited May 14

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

@MrRob said:

It's been a while since i've last scanned for networks but i used to be able to connect to 3 open networks (well actually 5 but one was a printer and the most i probably could have done would have been to mess with it's configuration or have it print random garbage - not exactly useful... and one was on a bus that would pass by every couple of hours - i guess if one is very quick but still not really exciting) from the comfort of my very home (one small shop, some random person and a company which probably ran it for their visitors - admittedly by placing a 9dbi antenna quite a bit above ground but i could as well just have walked a little towards the source) and i'm not exactly in a central area. Probably not the best idea to use a network that close to one's address but i guess you get the picture. Open wifis are not exactly rare.

With spoofing your MAC address, you'd feel comfortable using an open WiFi with no other intermediaries (i.e. VPN, proxy, socks, TOR, etc.)?

Yeah, probably. Maybe not on my front door but if there's some bigger city around giving away the location comes down to quite a bunch of possible suspects. The rest common sense. Not draw attention to yourself, avoid cameras, maybe a hat and some glasses, ... Aside from your physical presence in reception distance of the wifi there's literally nothing that ties you to the packets. The wifi can log the MAC but it's random garbage and that's all they have on the guy that used the wifi for this-and-that at so-and-so. Well, if the wifi even captures enough data to be able to reconstruct this much to begin with. Most of these APs aren't exactly high security setups.

I'd argue for most scenarios it's actually more bulletproof than TOR if you aren't extremely unlucky or do something stupid.

• @JosephF said: If they're transferred domains, your old registrars will still have your non-anonymous information.

Doesn't really matter for me in my scenario. Was just moving stuff so I have to keep track of paying less places. lol