Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cooling failure in Colohouse Miami / Digital Realty 36 ne 2nd
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cooling failure in Colohouse Miami / Digital Realty 36 ne 2nd

GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider
edited May 11 in Providers

Cooling failure in the Miami datacenter detected,
server inlet tempature over 120f they are aware of the issue

Comments

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 11
  • MoopahMoopah Member

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

Servers on fire 😐

cooling back online

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

120F inlet temperatures are pretty warm, wow!

Reminds me of the changing law in the Netherlands starting July 1st where A/C supply temps must be increased within datacenters to 82 F. That is going to mean 90 F at the front of the cabinets and potentially higher at the server inlet.

• davidedavide Member
    edited May 12

@jbiloh said:

Reminds me of the changing law in the Netherlands starting July 1st where A/C supply temps must be increased within datacenters to 82 F. That is going to mean 90 F at the front of the cabinets and potentially higher at the server inlet.

Meanwhile the US government is aiming at criminalizing C++, moving the Overton window into the smearing stage.

Reality came out of a movie for me.

I wonder now, if living past 50 years of age isn't as selfish and unsustainable for the community as some sci fiction puts it. Ahah that's stupid isn't it. Maybe a few centuries premature.

edited May 12

@jbiloh said:

yea, this server was in U33, so kinda near the middle of the rack too, servers near the bottom were really struggling, we powered everything down, take a look at the cpu data when the cooling failed lol, our R640 put the fans to 100% and maxed itself out, this data is from a R630 though

• @jbiloh said:

Where exactly did you read that? It might fall under the mandatory energy savings, but I never read about such a measurement in datacenters in The Netherlands. Our climate minister comes up with the strangest measurements, but somehow I can’t find a source for the statement. Would be an interesting read for me as a Dutchie. :-))

• DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited May 13

@davide said:
    Meanwhile the US government is aiming at criminalizing C++, moving the Overton window into the smearing stage.
    Reality came out of a movie for me.

Please worry not, you're already on the way to being completely ineligible to be awarded a government contract anyway:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-announces-jfk-airport-construction-sets-record-mwbe-participation-23-billion

mwbe contract

• davidedavide Member
    edited May 13

@DataRecovery said:
    Please worry not, you're already on the way to being completely ineligible to be awarded a government contract anyway:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-announces-jfk-airport-construction-sets-record-mwbe-participation-23-billion

If Michael Jackson were alive, he would color himself gay.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 13

@DennisdeWit said:

@jbiloh said:

Where exactly did you read that? It might fall under the mandatory energy savings, but I never read about such a measurement in datacenters in The Netherlands. Our climate minister comes up with the strangest measurements, but somehow I can’t find a source for the statement. Would be an interesting read for me as a Dutchie. :-))

If you are not using Equinix As your Datacenter, you probably never heard from it either. ;)

https://lowendbox.com/blog/netherlands-regulations-datacenter-servers-must-be-set-to-balanced-or-power-saving-mode/

Dutch sources are there as Well.

Power savings Mode for example It was already Something from 2022 as i checked when LEB posted about it.

P.S. Higher floor temperature might cause depending on Server to fans of Servers Spin faster and consume more Power. No matter of The Energy savings Mode. So, its weird.

Edit:
    What i guess is that Equinix is Just using this to try lower their consumption as the Power grids, especially arround Amsterdam seem overloaded and they would need to Go to some Sort of waiting list to get More capacity. Serverius also recently sent a Email to Tell customer to keep their consumption as it is.

See;

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/193388/serverius-data-center-power-restrictions

As otherwise its questionable for me, how The dutch Government will enforce this

• davidedavide Member
    edited May 13

@HostSlick said:
    As otherwise its questionable for me, how The dutch Government will enforce this

In italy the indoor temperature for private and public buildings has been under different regulations the past years (eg: 1 2 3). Minimum fine is 500€ for setting the house temp inside the forbidden 20-27C range.

But I never heard of enforcement so who cares.