Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What monitoring tools you are using
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What monitoring tools you are using

gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
in Help

What monitoring or rmm tools you are using and for what you use them? Paid, free or self hosted?

I use hetrixtools for my servers and domains and tactical rmm and action1 to update family computers and manage them.
And now I'm trying to set up my own instance of uptimekuma.

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We utilize a mix of HetrixTools for monitoring from an external perspective, as well as custom Grafana dashboards. Grafana is more useful to not only have a second set of eyes monitoring the infrastructure, but as well as to gain more detailed/advanced insights (i.e. RAID health, predicted drives lifespan, etc — and even exim queue levels on our shared hosting servers). We then closely monitor these stats — including utilizing TV's for monitoring.

• JosephFJosephF Member

What are the practical differences between self hosted tools and something like HetrixTools?

• updown.io

• zGatozGato Member

@JosephF said:
    What are the practical differences between self hosted tools and something like HetrixTools?

not practical, but $$$

Thanked by 2JosephF gbzret4d
  • edited May 3

uptime kuma

I have made a similar one before, you might wanna check it out.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • gbzret4dgbzret4d Member

@SodaWithoutSparkles said:
    uptime kuma

I have made a similar one before, you might wanna check it out.

Thanks, I searched before but couldn't find your thread.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Hetrixtools

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member

@dustinc said:
    We utilize a mix of HetrixTools for monitoring from an external perspective, as well as custom Grafana dashboards. Grafana is more useful to not only have a second set of eyes monitoring the infrastructure, but as well as to gain more detailed/advanced insights (i.e. RAID health, predicted drives lifespan, etc — and even exim queue levels on our shared hosting servers). We then closely monitor these stats — including utilizing TV's for monitoring.

I'm too stupid to set up Prometheus and grafana for myself but it. Hetrixtools is such a nice service. Free plan is enough for people like me to monitor some domains or servers and not that expensive for someone like you or your company.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • flameyflamey Member

Grafana Cloud (free tier) and Hetrix tools (free tier) for agent-based resource monitoring.
    Uptime Kuma running on pikapods (around $1.6 per month) and Uptime Robot (free tier) for external monitoring (including DNS)
    Hetrix tools (free tier) for blacklist monitoring
    Grafana Cloud (free tier) for logs monitoring too
    Wazuh hosted on one of my servers for XDR/SIEM (this one, I have open on a private intranet using tailscale as I didn't really want to keep it open to the internet)
    And for notifications, I get them over discord as all the tools support that and I have discord both on my laptop and phone.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • I'm using Zabbix. It's free, open source and I'm monitoring ~30 servers from a 1.5Gb VPS, (which is barely straining), so it would probably run on a $1 special. I also have Zabbix Agents running on my 256MB NAT servers without issues.

There's a bit of a learning curve to get started, but it's not steep and once you've got your head around it you'll never look back.

• faleddofaleddo Member

@CloudHopper said:
    I'm using Zabbix. It's free, open source and I'm monitoring ~30 servers from a 1.5Gb VPS, (which is barely straining), so it would probably run on a $1 special. I also have Zabbix Agents running on my 256MB NAT servers without issues.

There's a bit of a learning curve to get started, but it's not steep and once you've got your head around it you'll never look back.

Me too. I'm running zabbix server in free tier oracle arm without issue.

• MGarbisMGarbis Member

Hetrixtools mainly but playing around with Zabbix.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

We have been using Zabbix for the last 7 years. It has a dashboard, API, plugins for everything under the sun, can even ingest Prometheus metrics, but the complexity is quite bad.
    Since 6.0, simple things like connecting an event (trigger in Zabbix speak) to a service has become needlessly complicated and opaque.

Makes little sense even for existing users

Pavin.

Thanked by 2lzy666 gbzret4d
  • kenwongkenwong Member

Betterstack, netdata.cloud and good old Observium.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • therawtheraw Member

i wait till things go off