Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget-Friendly VPS Hosting from €1.30: Germany Servers on Sale! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget-Friendly VPS Hosting from €1.30: Germany Servers on Sale!

Comments

• MumblyMumbly Member

@SebekVPS said:

@Mumbly said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Mumbly said:
    Oh, yes, you accused him directly.
    You quoted his post and said: it is strange that you think stripe something bad, because then you will not be able to scam that "I did not receive the service", or "does not match the description", or break the rules and contact PayPal support, it's all passed stages.

It seems trivial as an example, but then again, you are so comfortable, everyone understands the meaning of words the way they want to, but that doesn't mean that's how it's written or happens.

He didn't even comment on Stripe, he just expressed his preference toward PayPal. You won't believe it, but most people use PayPal.
    In return, he got nothing but immature psycho outbursts from you.

Should he have commented on that? I gave a detailed answer regarding it, but you're looking for some kind of psycho.
    Why does everything have to be the way you want it to be? :)

Then stop blaming people, as it's obvious that you have some personal issues and blame people for some strange reason, potentially known only to you.

By the way, Frankfurt or Nuremberg?

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • anyway, where is the yabs for the 7950?

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member

@Mumbly said:

By the way, Frankfurt or Nuremberg?

He does not have time for this... B)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 26

@hyperblast said:

@DP said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Carlin0 said:
    Frankfurt or Nuremberg ?

See my previous thread, please.
    I can't have that much time to respond to this every time.

What's with the attitude?

Those details should be in the OP and people deserve to know where it actually is.

Either you put it there or answer when being asked.

Thanks.

EDIT: I have removed "7950X-6G" from the OP as it's above the pricing limit for VPSes.

you removed the only option to get windows on a 7950X from sebek :)

This limitation is from the provider.
    Windows Server 2019 (and 2022) run absolutely fine with 2GB memory.

@SebekVPS
    is it still ok, if I install Windows OS on the VPS, since you mentioned "not available" and that is not same as "not allowed"

@SebekVPS said:
    Elevate Your Online Presence with SebekVPS: Reliable, Fast, and Affordable VPS Hosting!

• Support for Linux/Windows/ISO
    • Windows will not be available on plans with less than 6GB RAM, take that into consideration.
  • Dmca ignored?

• SebekVPSSebekVPS Member, Patron Provider

@hezekiahshare said:
    Dmca ignored?

Unfortunately no, you will be forwarded the complaints and you will have to resolve them.

@dev_vps said:

@hyperblast said:

@DP said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Carlin0 said:
    Frankfurt or Nuremberg ?

Those details should be in the OP and people deserve to know where it actually is.

Thanks.

EDIT: I have removed "7950X-6G" from the OP as it's above the pricing limit for VPSes.

@SebekVPS
    is it still ok, if I install Windows OS on the VPS, since you mentioned "not available" and that is not same as "not allowed"

@SebekVPS said:
    Elevate Your Online Presence with SebekVPS: Reliable, Fast, and Affordable VPS Hosting!

• Windows will not be available on plans with less than 6GB RAM, take that into consideration.

yes, runs on 2GB ram with no problem, but only if you don't want to run anything else. And then it will be the ISP's problem, because they will write "why is it lagging if you provide windows on 2 GB, it should not lag", it happens and in fact very often, some people don't think about the fact that they have some resource limits, they think everything is unlimited.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 27

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@hyperblast said:

@DP said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Carlin0 said:
    Frankfurt or Nuremberg ?

Thanks.

@SebekVPS

@SebekVPS said:

yes, runs on 2GB ram with no problem, but only if you don't want to run anything else. And then it will be the ISP's problem, because they will write "why is it lagging if you provide windows on 2 GB, it should not lag", it happens and in fact very often, some people don't think about the fact that they have some resource limits, they think everything is unlimited.

I have been running Windows NT OS since 90s that later became Windows Server OS.

2gb memory is enough if cpu is powerful and storage is NVMe with good IOPS.

Here I am running Windows Server OS on a storage server (5TB HDD) with 2gb memory (cpu is Xeon Gold 6130)

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@hyperblast said:

@DP said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Carlin0 said:
    Frankfurt or Nuremberg ?

Thanks.

@SebekVPS

@SebekVPS said:

I have been running Windows NT OS since 90s that later became Windows Server OS.

Here I am running Windows Server OS on a storage server (5TB HDD) with 2gb memory (cpu is Xeon Gold 6130)

Yeah, but the memory utilization is already 90%

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 27

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@hyperblast said:

@DP said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Carlin0 said:
    Frankfurt or Nuremberg ?

Thanks.

@SebekVPS

@SebekVPS said:

How, exactly, that an issue with all the jobs running and dedicated swap space (paging file) allocated?

I would think, memory oversell is much easier with Linux based OS as compared to Windows Server OS. And that affects how many many VPS one can cram into the host node.

Thanked by 1emgh
    edited April 27

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@hyperblast said:

@DP said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Carlin0 said:
    Frankfurt or Nuremberg ?

Thanks.

@SebekVPS

@SebekVPS said:

How, exactly, that an issue with all the jobs running and dedicated swap space (paging file) allocated?

I would think, memory oversell is much easier with Linux based OS as compared to Windows Server OS. And that affects how many many VPS one can cram into the host node.

you are once again imposing your opinion as truth.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 27

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

Personal attack instead of answering the question. So let me ask the question, again

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep
    edited April 27

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@hyperblast said:

@DP said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Carlin0 said:
    Frankfurt or Nuremberg ?

Thanks.

@SebekVPS

@SebekVPS said:

Not really, he made a technical statement as I can see, and indeed he is right, Linux has a more efficient use of memory, Windows on the other hand tends to pre-allocate the memory, so on a KVM host where there is a 24GB Linux VM, it will only use the RAM that the guest VM's processes are using, whereas with a 24GB Windows VM, it will directly use all the 24GB of RAM allocated to it.

Thanked by 1dev_vps

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

Personal attack instead of answering the question. So let me ask the question, again

I'm talking about one thing, and you're telling me something else.
    At 2GB memory consumption is already 90% without anything running on the server, I'm not a supporter of SWAP and as an overselling, so I don't want to give the opportunity to install windows on inappropriate configurations.
    It remains my opinion, I'm not calling anyone out that it's "bad" so you shouldn't say it's "good" either because it's your opinion.

@LowHosting said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@hyperblast said:

@DP said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Carlin0 said:
    Frankfurt or Nuremberg ?

Thanks.

@SebekVPS

@SebekVPS said:

Not really, he made a technical statement as I can see, and indeed he is right, Linux has a more efficient use of memory, Windows on the other hand tends to pre-allocate the memory, so on a KVM host where there is a 24GB Linux VM, it will only use the RAM that the guest VM's processes are using, whereas with a 24GB Windows VM, it will directly use all the 24GB of RAM allocated to it.

But this is just a statement of fact, but not the fact that overselling exists, because then there will be a significant decrease in performance, because instead of RAM, servers will get SWAP at some point, which is very bad, and just as bad for disks, no one will be good from it.

btw, I don't use SWAP at all, on the host nodes

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 27

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

I'm talking about one thing, and you're telling me something else.

At 2GB memory consumption is already 90% without anything running on the server,

Did you miss the part

1.8gb memory used with all the jobs running on the storage server?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@SebekVPS said:

I was taking about paging file dedicated within the VPS by Windows OS

This has nothing to do with the host server.

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

but to be honest, is that a good solution?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 27

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

if the disk is NVMe and good IOPS … no issue

I do have Windows VPS with 24gb ram where use case needed more memory. (monthly cost $10 with a top host provider on LET)

All depends on what that VPS is being used for.

For storage server (or VPS with just database engine , FTP, and RDP) … 2 gig memory is enough.

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

I do have Windows VPS with 24gb ram where use case needed more memory. (monthly cost $10 with a top host provider on LET)

For storage server (or VPS with just database engine , FTP, and RDP) … 2 gig memory is enough.

Sacrificing disk IOPS for SWAP, I don't know, doesn't look appealing, but again, I gave my opinion on that.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

Sacrificing disk IOPS for SWAP, I don't know, doesn't look appealing, but again, I gave my opinion on that.

This is no different from allocating swap space within the VPS in Linux based OS.

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

This is no different from allocating swap space within the VPS in Linux based OS.

It's just that with 2GB RAM on Windows, it's a forced measure to enable SWAP, and that's the only reason I stand by my opinion.
    Every server with 2GB RAM and Windows is required to use swap for its operation

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

It's just that with 2GB RAM on Windows, it's a forced measure to enable SWAP, and that's the only reason I stand by my opinion.

How do you know that won’t happen with your 4gb or 6gb plans?

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

But it won't be on every server than guaranteed on all of them?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 27

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

• coldcold Member

@bap said:
    Budget-friendly with an unfriendly attitude

he likes only the budget, not the payer.... what's so hard to understand?

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

What are we arguing about? Things happen the way they happen, why prove anything?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

@dev_vps said:

@SebekVPS said:

What are we arguing about? Things happen the way they happen, why prove anything?

I just proven your “every time” “guaranteed” part wrong, if you care to look at the screenshots.

And in case, you don’t have the time, it is ok.

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • the fact this owner seems a bit scummy instantly turns me away
    repuc v2?