Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ask For a Invite code
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ask For a Invite code

GRXGRX Member

I want to register riseup.net,Any one could give me a invite code, thx!

Comments

• shruubshruub Member

Sorry, no. Nobody's going to give you an invite code over the internet as it puts their account at risk.

• @shruub said:
    Sorry, no. Nobody's going to give you an invite code over the internet as it puts their account at risk.

How do you even get one? You can't buy one and most people don't have paranoid friends.

• kaitkait Member
    edited April 23

@BruhGamer12 said: How do you even get one? You can't buy one and most people don't have paranoid friends.

Internet friends, join a paranoid friend group and get one after becoming friends.

I might have 2 accounts still, might check later.

• shruubshruub Member
    edited April 23

@BruhGamer12 said:

@shruub said:

How do you even get one? You can't buy one and most people don't have paranoid friends.

you don't nowadays at it seems. I mean there are multiple other smol, semi- or non-commercial (activist) email providers which one could easily use if they don't need to feel superior.
    what @kait said would be true, though I don't really know the email accounts of my friends.

Alternatives would be (not requiring an invite):

activist:
    disroot.org
    autistici.org

edgy:
    pissmail.com
    cock.li

tor/i2p ones maybe
    morke.org
    mail.i2p(hq.postman.i2p)

• LeviLevi Member
    edited April 23

@BruhGamer12 said: How do you even get one?

Well, as others said there is huge amount of ways to get invite. But one method somehow stuck with me:

1. You go to Japan;
    2. Get a job in "Lonely death squad";
    3. One day, when cleaning house of a dead lonely human, you find dirty envelope with cryptic message in it, encoded in base64;
    4. Write that message to a computer and get coordinates somewhere in Pitcairn Island;
    5. Few years passed and you have enough money to go to the Pitcairn;
    6. In that island you will find cave. Enter it. Go deep inside and finally you will find invitation code.
  • kaitkait Member

@shruub said: cock.li

cock.li should be open without invites.

• shruubshruub Member

@kait said:

@shruub said: cock.li

cock.li should be open without invites.

All of the ones I've listed are, should have clarified.

• what is that site? Private Tracker?

• kaitkait Member
    edited April 23

@JerryHou said: what is that site? Private Tracker?

No, invite only email and other chat services for activists.

• xvpsxvps Member

Have you tried "changeme!@#"? I have heard it should be a popular code.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • shruubshruub Member

@xvps said:

iirc the codes follow a completly different rule and knowing riseup, they don't have a bug like that in their systems lmao. Unless you're just trying to troll, in which case OMAGOD IT ACTUALLY WORKS

• @kait said:

@JerryHou said: what is that site? Private Tracker?

No, invite only email and other chat services for activists.

first time to know this. Thanks. :)

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited April 23

@shruub said:

@xvps said:

iirc the codes follow a completly different rule and knowing riseup, they don't have a bug like that in their systems lmao. Unless you're just trying to troll, in which case OMAGOD IT ACTUALLY WORKS

I would never troll.
    Do you want a free VPS.

• shruubshruub Member

@xvps said:

@shruub said:

@xvps said:

I would never troll.
    Do you want a free VPS.

Oh, ofc. My stupid smol brain already forgot that thread.

• Its far left/anarchy associated email provider. Im not sure you even want to have account with them.

• @stefeman said:
    Its far left/anarchy associated email provider. Im not sure you even want to have account with them.

Well, if he's into that stuff why not? It's still a pretty double edged sword. Sure you'll know there's an administration that'll take shit as long as it's for the cause but you'll also stick out like sore thumb in just about any normal environment.

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 23

@totally_not_banned said:

@stefeman said:
    Its far left/anarchy associated email provider. Im not sure you even want to have account with them.

Well, if he's into that stuff why not? It's still a pretty double edged sword. Sure you'll know there's an administration that'll take shit as long as it's for the cause but you'll also stick out like sore thumb in just about any normal environment.

Agreed. Its also used by sexual minorities a lot, so in that sense its a reputable provider with good sense of privacy. You might have bad experience though if you are a heterosexual male who eats meat and is politically conservative or right leaning :P

Though if you are a normal guy with civilized social skills, it should be just fine. Most of my friends are left leaning and im right leaning myself, but I rarely if ever talk about politics. They do know, and disagree but true friendship is above such matters.