Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be careful with hetzner, you have to pay now on servers even if you don't make it through the month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Be careful with hetzner, you have to pay now on servers even if you don't make it through the month

sorry for my English this is a message hetzner has changed its policy now on the bidding servers it will charge for the hours you have consumed even if you cancel the product example if you need to try a product and decide to cancel it before the month example you spend two days consuming the product you will be charged for that service even if cancel the server before it didn't charge you, but now it will this morning I received an invoice from a server that I tried for a day this for those who don't know

Comments

• I am not sure why this is something to be careful about? You get to test it and pay for that period.

Spin up a dedicated node for 1 hour, pay for 1hour - That in my eyes seems fair.

• Yes because people abused the hell out of that free 14 days cancelation.

• If you have used the server for 2 days, it's fair to pay for 2 days. And if you have used it for a month, it should be a month.

• Don't see a problem here, straight forward policy

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • marianmarian Member

so, you mean that you shouldn't be charged for the server used for 29 days?

you didn't used it for the whole month, right?

:D

• lirrrlirrr Member

bro did not read policy and complain about it

• xvpsxvps Member

It sounds more like we should warn other providers about you.

Oh wait, you just did. :D

• AndruAndru Member
    edited April 19

Maybe the OP is pissed because he can't abuse anymore the free cancellation ...

• @xvps said:
    It sounds more like we should warn other providers about you.

Oh wait, you just did. :D

Yeah let's make thread

• vovlervovler Member

seems fair to me, pay for what you use

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@sucre13 said:
    … on the bidding servers it will charge for the hours you have consumed

Read this again and please enlighten us how it is unfair.

• JamphJamph Member

I hate it when I have to pay for services I have used, it's so unfair!!!

• LeviLevi Member

Punjabi scammer is not satisfied. Strange…

• bdlbdl Member

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@sucre13 said: example you spend two days consuming the product you will be charged for that service even if cancel the server before it didn't charge you,

It sounds like you've done this a number of times before -- in which case, no wonder that they charge you

The idea behind the 14-day cancellation policy is that you change your mind before using the product/service, not after using it

(The 14-day cancellation policy isn't the same as a guarantee of satisfaction with the product/service)

Thanked by 3Marx Jamph Plioser
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited April 19

I never knew they used to give you 14 days free to cancel at no charge.

• Wenlee8Wenlee8 Member

So whats the problem...? Nothing will change if you use a full month, you can even cancle before billing day and pay less.

• JamphJamph Member
    edited April 19

@Wenlee8 said:
    So whats the problem...? Nothing will change if you use a full month, you can even cancle before billing day and pay less.

Don't you only also get charged now if the server is actually powered on, so overall it's better than before.... Unless you are the OP and a scammer

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited April 19

If you have used up all free trial of many hosts then There is vps host (
    It's called Webdock in Denmark ) that only start charging 24 hours after create server. Maybe you create account there and try out server for 23h59m and then destroy so you never get charge :D Now you no have to mess with trial and have free servers. Great success.

"We make the first charge for your server the morning after you created it" from billing page

• @Jamph said:

@Wenlee8 said:

Don't you only also get charged now if the server is actually powered on, so overall it's better than before.... Unless you are the OP and a scammer

You pay for the time the machine is reserved for you, powered on or not :)

Thanked by 1Jamph
  • @khnielsen said:

@Jamph said:

@Wenlee8 said:

True and not so fair.... I think only fair to pay for disk space when vps switched off, not for ip/ram etc that is not being used.

• remyremy Member
    edited April 19

@asterisk14 said:

@khnielsen said:

@Jamph said:

@Wenlee8 said:

True and not so fair.... I think only fair to pay for disk space when vps switched off, not for ip/ram etc that is not being used.

We are talking about dedicated server, no ?
    The machine is dedicated to you. We are not talking about cloud VPS or this kind of stuff.
    Il seems normal to pay for the whole period you reserve the machine.
    Since during this period it cannot be made profitable by renting it out to someone else.

Thanked by 1gwnd1989
  • I'm not sure if i should curse at OP or hand him a medal for most-LET-thread-of-the-year...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@stefeman said: Yes because people abused the hell out of that free 14 days cancelation.

All the super shit minecraft hosts are in shambles. Can't keep migrating users every 12~13 days and cancelling the old.

Francisco

• MoopahMoopah Member

@remy said:

@asterisk14 said:

@khnielsen said:

@Jamph said:

@Wenlee8 said:

The machine is dedicated to you. We are not talking about cloud VPS or this kind of stuff.
    Since during this period it cannot be made profitable by renting it out to someone else.

That's unacceptable. How else can I get 200 dedicated servers for free by cycling them every 2 weeks? I demand financial compensation for pain and suffering I incurred as a result of these changes.

Thanked by 1remy
  • @remy said:

@asterisk14 said:

@khnielsen said:

@Jamph said:

@Wenlee8 said:

OK. I thought it was cloud vps which charge for ip, ram when not in use if vps switched off

Thanked by 1remy
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@sucre13 said:
    it will charge for the hours you have consumed even if you cancel the product

That sounds reasonable..?

• @totally_not_banned said:
    I'm not sure if i should curse at OP or hand him a medal for most-LET-thread-of-the-year...

Instead of being ripped off by LET scam hosts he ripped off hosts owned by elite 1%? Genius.

• edited April 19

@asterisk14 said:

@totally_not_banned said:
    I'm not sure if i should curse at OP or hand him a medal for most-LET-thread-of-the-year...

Instead of being ripped off by LET scam hosts he ripped off hosts owned by elite 1%? Genius.

Does not getting free service actually mean being ripped off? I have some doubts ;)

Thanked by 1kevinds
  • @totally_not_banned said:

@asterisk14 said:

@totally_not_banned said:

Does not getting free service actually mean being ripped off? I have some doubts ;)

He is Robin Hood of LET world! /joke

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
This discussion has been closed.