Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbrr has suspended themself - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbrr has suspended themself

2»

Comments

• back online here!

• @yoursunny said:

@davide said:
    @yoursunny said:

The ID can only be renewed in person but I'm out of the country.

Isn't this something a consulate would handle? No idea why the Chinese consulates cannot handle an ID renewal.

Chinese embassy can renew passports.
    I must appear in person at the embassy on a weekday, hand in the old passport and a money order, and promise to the official that I'm the person on the passport.
    The new passport will arrive by mail in two weeks.

The national ID must be renewed in the police station, which does not exist outside China.
    In the past, it must be in the police station nearest where I'm born, but nowadays it could be any police station within China.
    I must appear in person at the police station, hand in the old national ID and some cash.
    The official will inspect the household register that I must bring in, and make me promise that I'm the person.
    The new national ID will be ready for pick up in two weeks.

@WhiteRoseG said:
    So now you handle cash only ?

Yes please send us some cash.

I don't have cash, only bank card.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@flamey said:
    All my monitors for the domain hosted with HostBRR went BRRing RED at around early morning my local time. Woke up and found that the Nameserver propagation had stopped and no server seemed to see my nameserver. Contacted my registrar to see what was going on and the reply I got from them was that the NS domain dnsbrr.com had expired hence the issue. However, a few minutes ago checked and the WHOIS for dnsbrr.com states its expiry as 2025-04-19T14:33:11Z. The DNS propagation is slowly taking place.

Ain't giving up my faith in @labze. He has been a great support throughout my entire time at HostBRR and has provided me with some great deals. As he said, he has already resolved the issue, which is evident from the services coming back up again and the WHOIS showing expiry for both dnsbrr.com and hostbrr.com in 2025.

These are some rather embarrassing issues happening. The domain for the nameservers to cPanel in Germany was not properly renewed, once again due to payment failure on my part as the card information was not updated in their gateway. This was very unfortunately unnoticed. It is renewed now and should be back to normal.

Due to HostBrr's rather rapid expansion some parts of the business has been scattered across many different merchants. This is clearly not optimal and I am working on consolidating different aspects of the business so that these kind of issue do not happen.

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited April 20

To the more important part:

It is HostBrr's one-year birthday tomorrow.

@labze, is there going to be any celebration with special offers?

https://datacvr.virk.dk/enhed/virksomhed/44002698?fritekst=44002698&sideIndex=0&size=10

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@xvps said:

https://datacvr.virk.dk/enhed/virksomhed/44002698?fritekst=44002698&sideIndex=0&size=10

Yes.

It is sort of comforting to see that even largest of companies have blunders like this.

Thanked by 1shabaz
  • flameyflamey Member

@labze said:

@xvps said:

Yes.

Uwu

It is sort of comforting to see that even largest of companies have blunders like this.

No worries, we are all humans. What matters is you took accountability for what happened and was transparent to the community and the customers.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@donli said:
    Famous domain expirations:

I'm surprised that Hotmail didn't make the list... Back when it was still heavily used (before the migration to live) one of the hotmail domains expired..

A user registered it and pointed it back at the M$ nameservers so their email would work again.

Now, domains have a built in time delay before they become available for sale, to prevent this sort of thing..

• hapkidohapkido Member

@labze said:

@xvps said:

Yes.

Woooo birthday celebrations!!!!

• happy birthday hostbrr @labze

• happy birthday hostbrr and congratulations @labze for giving all of us a performant, superb service and excellent support to match!
    here's to more success for hostbrr

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@kevinds said:

@donli said:
    Famous domain expirations:

I'm surprised that Hotmail didn't make the list... Back when it was still heavily used (before the migration to live) one of the hotmail domains expired..

It is in the list, it was when Microsoft forgot to renew passport.com which they used for all their authentication services including hotmail.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

How many more shocks like this can the global economy take?