Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbrr has suspended themself
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbrr has suspended themself

xvpsxvps Member

https://hostbrr.com doesn't work. It shows a cpanel error page: Account Suspended.

@labze ?

Comments

• xvpsxvps Member

@johndeo983 said:

Your signature. :D

Danish -> English:
    pik = dick
    pak' = package

Thanked by 3sasslik BBTN dahartigan
  • SUSpended

• tmntwitwtmntwitw Member
    edited April 17

I vaguely recall labze had commented somewhere (I am not exactly sure which thread) before that the website is not hosted within hostbrr's network. Maybe it's just some issues with the external webhost.

• and billing died

• @superuser said:

and billing died

UPD: billing is alive

• hostkarhostkar Member

I don't understand why people choose/trust a provider who don't care for his own business's website.

• xvpsxvps Member

Both the website and the billing panel are back.
    :)

• ehabehab Member

he just farted and the Little Tree fell on his keyboard key that switch desktops allocated when his wife comes in.. i wonder what he was watching.

Thanked by 1ZoobDude
  • Omg :s

• davidedavide Member

It's downtime week for everybody! LET's party!

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited April 17

@hostkar said:
    I don't understand why people choose/trust a provider who don't care for his own business's website.

Their website went down today or something while all their services were up ... so what do you expect us to do? Immediate migration? Just because of one tiny lapse?
    I judge them mostly by their service and so far, they have done everything right.

Thanked by 1xvps
  • what about their cpanel/ DA login page? is it running?

• AndruAndru Member

@ElonBezos said:
    what about their cpanel/ DA login page? is it running?

Yes

• Everything is back up and running, @labze is a solid provider. Bare with little downtimes once a while, this is LET afterall.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@Mumbly said:

@hostkar said:

Their website went down today or something while all their services were up ... so what do you expect us to do? Immediate migration? Just because of one tiny lapse?
    I judge them mostly by their service and so far, they have done everything right.

Thank you. Saying I don't care because of a small hiccup is stretching it.

Just so people know the situation. Hostbrr.com is currently hosted with Racknerd as they initially what was used to provide cPanel hosting. I quickly changed away from this but as HostBrr.com haven't been updated since the inception of the company it is still there. The billing panel and everything else is not with Racknerd so nothing else was affected.

I expect there will soon be a big website overhaul and in the progress the site will be migrated.

The website was suspended due to me getting a new credit card. The issue was resolved yesterday but for some reason the service was suspended again. It was promptly fixed by the.

• Ive been getting alot of downtime with various providers as of this week XD. It seems to be purely coincidental though.

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 17

@labze said:
    The website was suspended due to me getting a new credit card. The issue was resolved yesterday but for some reason the service was suspended again.

Never let your ID card expire.

When my ID card expired, for one month I was blocked out from:

• national healthcare website: total lockout
    • bank account: total lockout
    • car tax payment: partial lockout

And it took 40 days to renew it, yet I booked the renewal 2 weeks before expiration. Imagine the mess of having the bank account locked, happened twice to me for such clown reasons.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@labze said:
    Hostbrr.com is currently hosted with Racknerd

Did you get a backpack from them?

@davide said:
    When my ID card expired, for one month I was blocked out

My Chinese national ID has been expired for more than a year now.
    The bank accounts are locked: I can look at the account balance and investments, but cannot withdraw cash or buy/sell investments.

The ID can only be renewed in person but I'm out of the country.

• @yoursunny said:

@labze said:

@davide said:

The bank accounts are locked: I can look at the account balance and investments, but cannot withdraw cash or buy/sell investments.

So now you handle cash only ?

• xvpsxvps Member

@WhiteRoseG said:

@yoursunny said:

@labze said:

@davide said:

Cash doesn't have IPv6.

• faleddofaleddo Member

I have VPS, DA reseller, and a cPanel. All services are up. No downtime at all.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 17

@yoursunny said:

@labze said:

@davide said:

When are you back in the country to renew it? And how does it work? How do you prove your identity if you have no card?

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 17

@yoursunny said:

Isn't this something a consulate would handle? You have the advantage of being around DC, I imagine the consulate shouldn't be far. Mines are a day trip away; not that I need them anyway.

Edit: I just checked, and this is the case for Italian ID cards; I guess the procedure is harmonized among all EU countries. No idea why the Chinese consulates cannot handle an ID renewal.

• MrRobMrRob Member
    edited April 17

I have my hosting, and my website was not affected, when I read yesterday the news of the suspension, I just opened my URL and it was working, if the panel went down or if your site went down, it will always come back.

That's why we must also make copies daily, it's our job, and for everyone.

Many years ago, I relied on a dedicated, when I lost a copy of 1 month of work, it took me 2 months to recover everything I had done that month.

So I learned the lesson, copy daily or 3 times a week, don't rely on any hosting vps or dedicated, or etc.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@davide said:
    @yoursunny said:

Isn't this something a consulate would handle? No idea why the Chinese consulates cannot handle an ID renewal.

Chinese embassy can renew passports.
    I must appear in person at the embassy on a weekday, hand in the old passport and a money order, and promise to the official that I'm the person on the passport.
    The new passport will arrive by mail in two weeks.

The national ID must be renewed in the police station, which does not exist outside China.
    In the past, it must be in the police station nearest where I'm born, but nowadays it could be any police station within China.
    I must appear in person at the police station, hand in the old national ID and some cash.
    The official will inspect the household register that I must bring in, and make me promise that I'm the person.
    The new national ID will be ready for pick up in two weeks.

@WhiteRoseG said:

Yes please send us some cash.

• @xvps said:

@johndeo983 said:

Danish -> English:
    pik = dick
    pak' = package

Are you saying that gay danish speakers are going to love this package?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • emghemgh Member

@yoursunny said: Yes please send us some cash.

Please offer Swish

• xvpsxvps Member

@johndeo983 said:

@xvps said:

@johndeo983 said:

Danish -> English:
    pik = dick
    pak' = package

Are you saying that gay danish speakers are going to love this package?

I have no idea what gay men love, but the ladies might love it.

I think you will make a lot of Danish people laugh if you advertise mypikpak.com and the company name PikCloud on a Danish website.

• flameyflamey Member

All my monitors for the domain hosted with HostBRR went BRRing RED at around early morning my local time. Woke up and found that the Nameserver propagation had stopped and no server seemed to see my nameserver. Contacted my registrar to see what was going on and the reply I got from them was that the NS domain dnsbrr.com had expired hence the issue. However, a few minutes ago checked and the WHOIS for dnsbrr.com states its expiry as 2025-04-19T14:33:11Z. The DNS propagation is slowly taking place.

Ain't giving up my faith in @labze. He has been a great support throughout my entire time at HostBRR and has provided me with some great deals. As he said, he has already resolved the issue, which is evident from the services coming back up again and the WHOIS showing expiry for both dnsbrr.com and hostbrr.com in 2025.