Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greencloud Cov outage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Greencloud Cov outage

2»

Comments

• MumblyMumbly Member

@hennaboy said: I tend to ditch anything that has any type of issue with a lengthy resolution. Simply not worth my time

It's obviously your choice, and while I agree that dealing with some hosts isn't worth our time due to constant issues, I'm not sure if saying something like that is justified regarding this host.
    They are not one of those careless hosts with regular outages, but among the more stable hosts at LET - I am talking from a perspective of a long term customer with VPSes spreaded over 6 locations.

Failures happen, and from their response, it's obvious that they are aware of it and actively working on it, so there's not much to do than wait and hope for them to solve issue as soon as possible.
    Every outage sucks, for clients, for host... but nagging them over tickets and forum every hour won't solve the outage faster.

Thanked by 3bdl NDTN khalequzzaman
  • hennaboyhennaboy Member
    edited April 16

@Mumbly said:

@hennaboy said: I tend to ditch anything that has any type of issue with a lengthy resolution. Simply not worth my time

It's obviously your choice, and while I agree that dealing with some hosts isn't worth our time due to constant issues, I'm not sure if saying something like that is justified regarding this host.
    They are not one of those careless hosts with regular outages, but among the more stable hosts at LET - I am talking from a perspective of a long term customer with VPSes spreaded over 6 locations.

Failures happen, and from their response, it's obvious that they are aware of it and actively working on it, so there's not much to do than wait and hope for them to solve issue as soon as possible.
    Every outage sucks, for clients, for host... but nagging them over tickets and forum every hour won't solve the outage faster.

Paying customer waits 6hrs for an update to be told to go away and it will be finished when it is finished.

Not exactly nagging is it.

What they have said simply does not add up. It does not take 9hrs to reinstall an OS

• Yes.. An update please

• MumblyMumbly Member

@hennaboy said: Paying customer waits 6hrs for an update to be told to go away and it will be finished when it is finished.

Now stop being annoying and wait for them to solve the issue :P

Thanked by 2bdl khalequzzaman
  • @Mumbly said:

@hennaboy said: Paying customer waits 6hrs for an update to be told to go away and it will be finished when it is finished.

Now stop being annoying and wait for them to solve the issue :P

They ain't here to annoy!!

• GreenCloud are proper solid. Haven't never experienced anything like this before. Agreed reinstalls shouldn't take this long. Hope data is okay...

Thanked by 2NDTN khalequzzaman
  • VittGVittG Member

Well, even their Frankfurt, Germany looking glass is currently down...

lg.de.greencloudvps.com (212.83.46.180) is unreachable since approximately 7 hours (today at 12:42:40 UTC).

• hapkidohapkido Member

Anyone's VPS back online yet?

• @hapkido said:
    Anyone's VPS back online yet?

No

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • hapkidohapkido Member

Hopefully we have some new target and updates what's happening on here or email.

• The latest response is that they are restoring the vps disk which is so large it will take several more hours.

Which completely contradicts the earlier post that all the data is on other disks.

• @hapkido said:
    Hopefully we have some new target and updates what's happening on here or email.

No, there is no update. No eta. Just they are working on it.

• MoopahMoopah Member

LowEndTalk with high-end uptime expectations :P

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@hennaboy said:

@cmeerw said:
    @NDTN could you share on update on the progress as the email mentioned

It may take up to 4-6 hours to finish.

Did the OS reinstall fix the issue you were seeing on the node?

OS reinstalls don't take 9hrs...

I don't believe a word they have stated on this so far.

We are always trying to be transparent when issues happen. It took more time to reinstall the OS and import the VPSs manually than expected. Blaming us for overselling caused the issue (really?) and constantly abusing our support will not resolve anything. I have seen that all of your VPSs are now online, you can take backup of the data then drop me a PM, I will give you full refunds so you can go with other providers that you can trust their words.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@NDTN said:

@hennaboy said:

@cmeerw said:

We are always trying to be transparent when issues happen. It took more time to reinstall the OS and import the VPSs manually than expected. Blaming us for overselling caused the issue (really?) and constantly abusing our support will not resolve anything. I have seen that all of your VPSs are now online, you can take backup of the data then drop me a PM, I will give you full refunds so you can go with other providers that you can trust their words.

I guarantee 💯 not a single peep will be mentioned after this... maybe you can initiate a direct refund and close services in a weeks time? 🤔

Always impressed by your services and support @NDTN

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @plumberg said:

@NDTN said:

@hennaboy said:

@cmeerw said:

I guarantee 💯 not a single peep will be mentioned after this... maybe you can initiate a direct refund and close services in a weeks time? 🤔

Always impressed by your services and support @NDTN

Always interesting when people think they can talk for someone else and assume they know how someone will act.

I will be getting in touch concerning my servers.

• cmeerwcmeerw Member

Not terrible, but not great either. Their initial email mentioned it would take "4 - 6 hours". It took them around 18 hours. I really would have hoped to get another update after around 8 hours when it became clear that the original estimate didn't work out. Is that really expecting way too much from a "Top Provider"?

• carp969carp969 Member

Mine went down at 09:18 and came back at 21:52 according to HetrixTools. An outage of 12 hours 34 minutes. Whilst I'd have liked to had better communication and it's disappointing that the status page said everything was 100% when it clearly wasn't.

I'm happy to accept that failures do happen human or otherwise, but maybe the lesson learnt here is better communication?

• msattmsatt Member

As far as the failure - problems will always happen, its how they dealt with that is really the issue.
    I consider GC has provided really good value reliable servers which I am very happy to keep renewing.
    What I would say in this case is that as already mentioned better communication channels should be created.
    I am prefectly happy to receive multiple email updates especically if a time is mentioned and then exceeded. Alternatively, I am happy to log in and go to some status page which is regularly updated.
    In this case I only received one email and logging in apart from not being able to access the server gave no notification.
    So please GC when time permits try to work on a better communication system and bring this up to your quality server standard.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@carp969 said:
    Mine went down at 09:18 and came back at 21:52 according to HetrixTools. An outage of 12 hours 34 minutes. Whilst I'd have liked to had better communication and it's disappointing that the status page said everything was 100% when it clearly wasn't.

I'm happy to accept that failures do happen human or otherwise, but maybe the lesson learnt here is better communication?

@cmeerw said:
    Not terrible, but not great either. Their initial email mentioned it would take "4 - 6 hours". It took them around 18 hours. I really would have hoped to get another update after around 8 hours when it became clear that the original estimate didn't work out. Is that really expecting way too much from a "Top Provider"?

The status page is for monitoring our whole locations' network, it's not for a specific node. We will make it clear to the status page to avoid any confusion in the future.

The time "4-6 hours" an ETA and may not be 100% accurate, we can easily announce the ETA to 24-48 hours but we always try to give as much details as possible. When a normal restore process (reinstalling the OS + import the volume group) only takes 4-6 hours, things can happen during that time and might take longer.

Thanked by 1loay
  • Any1 having outages in san jose? Its currently down for me and has been going offline intermittently

• elmorigselmorigs Member
    edited April 18

edit