Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Bare Metal Providers in US/EU with Optimized Singapore and Sydney Routes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Bare Metal Providers in US/EU with Optimized Singapore and Sydney Routes

Drew80Drew80 Member

Hello Community,

I am looking for advice on bare metal server providers in the US or EU that can offer optimized routing options for better connectivity between my origin and edge locations in Singapore and Sydney. Currently, I am using Leaseweb for our origin server in the EU, but I am facing significant issues with high latency and disrupted video streams when connecting to my bare metal edges in Singapore and Sydney. I have also tried OVH and Novoserve for Origin, but the problem persists.

I run a live video streaming service, which requires the transfer of approximately 50Mbps (approx. 20 HLS video streams) from the origin to each edge location. The connection to London and New York edges is stable, but the high latency and ping rates to Singapore and Sydney Edges result in the loss of video chunks, leading to buffering issues for users being served from these locations.

Can you suggest any providers in the US or EU that offer a direct connection or optimized routing to data centers in Singapore or Sydney?

P.S: For edges in Singapore, I have tried Leaseweb, PheonixNAP and OVH. And for Sydney, I have tried Leaseweb and Singapore.

Comments

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

Try our Los Angeles location. We have direct peering with a tremendous amount of Asia Pacific ISPs.

Test IPs: https://www.reliablesite.net/network/
    Inventory: https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/los-angeles-dedicated-servers.aspx

We offer unmetered bandwidth.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@Drew80 said:
    Hello Community,

I am looking for advice on bare metal server providers in the US or EU that can offer optimized routing options for better connectivity between my origin and edge locations in Singapore and Sydney. Currently, I am using Leaseweb for our origin server in the EU, but I am facing significant issues with high latency and disrupted video streams when connecting to my bare metal edges in Singapore and Sydney. I have also tried OVH and Novoserve for Origin, but the problem persists.

I run a live video streaming service, which requires the transfer of approximately 50Mbps (approx. 20 HLS video streams) from the origin to each edge location. The connection to London and New York edges is stable, but the high latency and ping rates to Singapore and Sydney Edges result in the loss of video chunks, leading to buffering issues for users being served from these locations.

Can you suggest any providers in the US or EU that offer a direct connection or optimized routing to data centers in Singapore or Sydney?

P.S: For edges in Singapore, I have tried Leaseweb, PheonixNAP and OVH. And for Sydney, I have tried Leaseweb and Singapore.

Hi,

I think we can help out :)

• conceptconcept Member

If you are willing to pay the price, Datapacket is the way to go.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Hey,

Please check out our [Crunchbits] looking glass, and if the routes suit you, DM me, and I'll quote you for a server. We are located in Spokane, WA.

LG Link here: https://crunchbits.com/network/lg

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Hi,

There is a link in my sig to our latest offer in Sydney if you'd like to try a different edge location.

Part of the issue at the moment is EU<>APAC traffic has taken a big hit due to multiple cable outages in the Gulf of Aden. With the current geopolitical issues going on in that area it's unlikely these cables will be repaired quickly.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited April 15

RETN has some good EU <=> APAC routes, as well as HE.

If you control servers on both ends, you might want to get a server with connectivity through one of those.

Typically you want to do US West coast for this purpose though.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Get a decent server in Frankfurt, will do the Job usually.
    Maybe you need to get a bunch and mesh them together.

• Drew80Drew80 Member

@MrRadic said:
    Try our Los Angeles location. We have direct peering with a tremendous amount of Asia Pacific ISPs.

Inventory: https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/los-angeles-dedicated-servers.aspx

Hi,

Thank you for the information about your Los Angeles location and the direct peering with ISPs in the Asia Pacific region.

Could you please provide a link to your looking glass so I can run traceroute/MTR tests? This will help me further evaluate the connectivity and performance.

Thank you!

• Drew80Drew80 Member

@Neoon said:

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion about setting up servers in Frankfurt. I've tried a few providers there, including Hetzner, OVH, and Leaseweb DE, but unfortunately, I've faced challenges with connectivity to the APAC region, particularly for live video applications.

Do you have any premium providers in mind that are known for premium networks in this aspect?

Thanks for your help!

• Drew80Drew80 Member

@ehhthing said:

If you control servers on both ends, you might want to get a server with connectivity through one of those.

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out RETN and their "The Eurasian Network" capabilities, which seems exactly what I need for my requirements. Do you have any particular providers in the EU in mind that utilize RETN as their upstream provider?

I appreciate your guidance on this!

Best regards,

• Drew80Drew80 Member

@trewq said:
    Hi,

There is a link in my sig to our latest offer in Sydney if you'd like to try a different edge location.

Part of the issue at the moment is EU<>APAC traffic has taken a big hit due to multiple cable outages in the Gulf of Aden. With the current geopolitical issues going on in that area it's unlikely these cables will be repaired quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for the info about the Sydney offer and the heads-up on the cable outages in the Gulf of Aden. That explains a lot, though I've been having issues with EU Origin to APAC Edges traffic since the start of my project (about 1 year now).

• Drew80Drew80 Member

@concept said:
    If you are willing to pay the price, Datapacket is the way to go.

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't tried Datapacket yet, but I did run a few tests using their looking glass, and the results seemed similar to other providers I've used. Based on your suggestion and others, it sounds like getting some physical bare metal servers with them might give a better indication of real-world performance. I'll consider setting that up to see how it goes.

• Drew80Drew80 Member

@dataforest said:

@Drew80 said:
    Hello Community,

Hi,

I think we can help out :)

Hi,

Could you provide some more details about your network? Also, could you share a link to your looking glass if possible?

Thanks again!

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Drew80 said:

@ehhthing said:

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out RETN and their "The Eurasian Network" capabilities, which seems exactly what I need for my requirements. Do you have any particular providers in the EU in mind that utilize RETN as their upstream provider?

Best regards,

We utilize RETN in both of our BG and DE locations, maybe check latency out:
    https://lgbg.alphavps.com/
    https://lgde.alphavps.com/

@Drew80 said:

@Neoon said:

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion about setting up servers in Frankfurt. I've tried a few providers there, including Hetzner, OVH, and Leaseweb DE, but unfortunately, I've faced challenges with connectivity to the APAC region, particularly for live video applications.

Do you have any premium providers in mind that are known for premium networks in this aspect?

Thanks for your help!

I have like 5 servers in Frankfurt alone.
    Different ISP's and Upstreams.

My SG has been stable, because its going via my mesh vpn.
    The route can change often.

Greencloud Frankfurt seems to be doing the job right now.
    Sometimes it Avoro or others.

edited April 15

@Drew80 said:

@ehhthing said:

Hi,

Best regards,

The Euroasian Network or TransKZ ends up in HK and goes via Russia.
    Means you need a Server in Hong Kong and a Server either in Russia or Europe, to make all the traffic use that route, you have the control booth ends.

https://www.misaka.io/ has a optimized TranskZ route from Europe/Russia to Hong Kong.
    Costly though, especially if you streaming.
    However, its quite solid.

Your best bet, is probably buy a bunch of servers in Frankfurt and Singapore and find the best connection, connect your Singapore Edge to that.

• Drew80Drew80 Member

@AlexBarakov said:

@Drew80 said:

@ehhthing said:

Hi,

Best regards,

We utilize RETN in both of our BG and DE locations, maybe check latency out:
    https://lgbg.alphavps.com/
    https://lgde.alphavps.com/

Thanks for LG links. Given that you're using RETN fin both BG and DE, I've been running some MTR tests to our Singapore edge Test IP at 103.172.116.3 using the Looking Glass links you provided:

From BG

From DE

`

Could you advise which location might be more optimal for our needs, BG or DE, based on the test results? Thank you!

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Drew80 said: Thanks for LG links. Given that you're using RETN fin both BG and DE, I've been running some MTR tests to our Singapore edge Test IP at 103.172.116.3 using the Looking Glass links you provided:

Given the results, I'd say that Sofia is the better option for this. It's 30% lower latency.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Drew80 said:

@MrRadic said:

Hi,

Thank you for the information about your Los Angeles location and the direct peering with ISPs in the Asia Pacific region.

Could you please provide a link to your looking glass so I can run traceroute/MTR tests? This will help me further evaluate the connectivity and performance.

Thank you!

Send me a DM, I'll be glad to help you out.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

A lot of users say our routes are very good to oddest places.

Latency is just one metric.
    You'll want low retransmit events mostly, even some jitter doesn't matter.

TCP retransmits are essentially congestion, and will not report as packet loss, but will reset the transfer window.

Easiest way to test for this is iperf3 -- it shows the retry counts (retransmit events).

MTR for 10 packets is too little as well, should do 1 000 minimum. Regardless, i did only for 100:

Start: 2024-04-15T15:07:34+0300
    HOST: lt2mp8-3-225                Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1.|-- 10.148.0.1                 0.0%   100    6.7   2.8   0.3  11.1   3.5
      2.|-- 185.148.0.1                0.0%   100    0.5   0.6   0.3   3.7   0.4
      3.|-- 87.236.158.148             0.0%   100    0.7   1.9   0.4  28.5   3.5
      4.|-- lag-151.ear1.Stockholm2.L  0.0%   100   28.6  28.6  28.3  29.7   0.2
      5.|-- ae2.3204.edge7.ams1.neo.c  3.0%   100   28.6  30.1  28.3  48.0   3.5
      6.|-- 63.218.65.21              31.0%   100   33.3  33.3  33.0  34.0   0.2
      7.|-- Bundle-Ether43.clbr02.sin  1.0%   100  261.3 261.4 261.0 264.3   0.3
      8.|-- 63.218.229.82              0.0%   100  261.2 261.6 260.9 279.2   2.2
      9.|-- dl.sin.melbicom.net        0.0%   100  261.4 261.3 260.9 261.7   0.1

Doesn't look too good of an route. StDev is very good tho.
    But ultimately, latency only affects maximum transfer rate (given typical MSS/MTU etc. settings). Only actual iperf3 run will show the real results for transfers.

You should also look into adding ~1-3seconds of caching.

Here's our thorough network diagnostics page:
    https://wiki.pulsedmedia.com/index.php/Network_Diagnostics

• conceptconcept Member
    edited April 16

@ehhthing said:

HE is a good call.

It looks like hosts that have direct connection to HE does have lower latency to OP's Singapore Edge server.

This is what I got using Terrahost's Looking Glass with their Amsterdam server

Start: 2024-04-16T06:44:36+0200
    HOST: srv6235.terrahost.no             Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
    1.|-- 45.88.200.2                       0.0%    10    0.2   0.2   0.2   0.3   0.0
    2.|-- 10.130.151.8                      0.0%    10    0.5   0.3   0.2   0.5   0.1
    3.|-- 10.130.151.100                    0.0%    10    0.5   0.4   0.2   0.6   0.1
    4.|-- 172.18.9.26                       0.0%    10    1.2   1.2   1.0   1.4   0.1
    5.|-- 100ge0-33.core1.ams4.he.net       0.0%    10    1.2   1.1   0.9   2.5   0.5
    6.|-- port-channel20.core2.ams1.he.net 70.0%    10    0.7   1.2   0.6   2.2   0.9
    7.|-- port-channel25.core2.par2.he.net 80.0%    10    8.4   9.1   8.4   9.9   1.1
    8.|-- ???                              100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
    9.|-- ???                              100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
    10.|-- 103.16.102.212                    0.0%    10  154.5 154.4 154.2 154.6   0.1
    11.|-- dl.sin.melbicom.net               0.0%    10  154.4 154.3 154.2 154.5   0.1

• You may notice many different kinds of web hosting providers and all of them are top of their quality.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

We have 160 ms to your mentioned 103.172.116.3 in AMS via HE, and 190ms in Seattle via GTT