Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch review

2»

Comments

• emghemgh Member

@sasslik said:

@crunchbits said:

@emgh said:

@bgerard said:

@emgh said:

@remy said: It's going to be hard to resist if they're running promos soon.

Yep, also looking forward to their next anniversary sale :D

I'd take another compute but after @crunchbits had a chicken fire sale, I really don't need it

They seem really nice, if they ever enter the EU market I'd be the first one to buy a server get Eric to gift me a server

What is considered to be EU?

Because I might have an announcement to make.

All except Romania, lol

Since @Calin is moving to a DC, @crunchbits figured a certain room would just sit empty :#

Thanked by 3sasslik Calin gbzret4d
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@emgh said:
    Since @Calin is moving to a DC, @crunchbits figured a certain room would just sit empty :#

It does check all of my boxes:

• Random secondary market
    • Reliable battle-hardened local staff available
    • my i m have love freedom sua speak just like @Calin
    • Accepts payment in bullion

Good guess. But no, not UK.

Thanked by 3sh97 emgh anubhavhirani
  • bgerardbgerard Member
    edited April 11

@crunchbits said:

@emgh said:

Ah man, Amsterdam or Frankfurt then, maybe somewhere in France at a push.

Then again, NL is saturated, Germany is saturated and it'd be hard to be competitive. France has OVH but I assume cheaper power than the other so, so yeah, maybe FR.

You don't see Ireland pop up often but it has a presence with big cloud providers, so maybe that too, different enough to be competitive and attractive but not so different that peering is bad and rack space costs a fortune.

I know nothing about this, pure guesses

Thanked by 3emgh shruub sh97
  • remyremy Member

@bgerard said:

@crunchbits said:

@emgh said:

Then again, NL is saturated, Germany is saturated and it'd be hard to be competitive. France has OVH but I assume cheaper power than the other so, so yeah, maybe FR.

You don't see Ireland pop up often but it has a presence with big cloud providers, so maybe that too, different enough to be competitive and attractive but not so different that peering is bad and rack space costs a fortune.

Yes, France has significantly cheaper energy than the other 2.
    But this is totally within Europe and the European Union.

So I think we should expect a more exotic location, if not the UK

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited April 11

Like Norway or Iceland? :)

...or Moldova? :P

Thanked by 1emgh
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@bgerard said:

@crunchbits said:

@emgh said:

Yeah all too saturated with plenty of excellent providers already there such as HostHatch. Truly nothing I can bring to the table except keeping a positive review thread bumped rather than skid ddos drama.

@Mumbly said:
    Like Norway or Iceland? :)

...or Moldova? :P

You sir are getting warm.

Thanked by 2Mumbly emgh
  • bdlbdl Member

@emgh said:
    Kthxbai hosthatch

$100

Thanked by 1emgh
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@crunchbits rent my basement , that it's the truth!

• xvpsxvps Member

@crunchbits is building a datacenter on LOLland.

Lolland (Danish: [ˈlʌˌlænˀ] ⓘ; formerly spelled Laaland, literally "low land") is the fourth largest island of Denmark...

Thanked by 2crunchbits emgh
  • shruubshruub Member
    edited April 12

Hella highjacking this thread, but it's a thremghd, so it doesnt matter. Crunchyboi is going to norway because they didn't know it's not in the EU since there are no Geography classes in US.

• emghemgh Member

@shruub said:
    Hella highjacking this thread, but it's a thremghd, so it doesnt matter. Crunchyboi is going to norway because they didn't know it's not in the EU since there are no Geography classes in US.

His ”What is considered to be EU?” wasn’t a hint, he literally does not know :D

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • shruubshruub Member
    edited April 12

@emgh said:

@shruub said:

His ”What is considered to be EU?” wasn’t a hint, he literally does not know :D

Exactly ;^)

@crunchy, Singapore isn't EU.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @emgh were both incidents handled by Mike? If I know he's dealing with an issue, I'll be satisfied it'll be resolved to my satisfaction in a timely matter.

Also, 6 months free for no loss of data and just a bit of delay is pretty hardcore. Even 1 month would be generous, IMO. It would have been good to know what your bandwidth limit was and what they bumped it to.

Have you had a storage server since 2015? If so, stating that you never lost a server due to HH raid failure would be important to note. I've had at least two separate occasions in less years with just a few servers.

I was shying away from VPS hosting due to data loss and inconvenience (and I generally have shitloads of extra CPU and storage at my place and now gigabit connection at home), but my recent electricity bills is making me think I'll be buying more 2-3 year deals in two weeks when HH posts more deals. I'm the type of buyer who can't resist sales and added value and those three year deals are pretty fucking sweet.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited April 15

@TimboJones said: were both incidents handled by Mike?

He has handled issues for me, but in those above instances, mainly Emil and Able.

@TimboJones said: IMO. It would have been good to know what your bandwidth limit was and what they bumped it to.

To demand the same thing, yes. But that's also why I left it out :)

@TimboJones said: Have you had a storage server since 2015?

Nah, I often switch around. The 2015 server wasn't even on the same account, it was on my personal account, now I don't have any personal servers with them, only on my business ones.

@TimboJones said: I'm the type of buyer who can't resist sales and added value and those three year deals are pretty fucking sweet.

Yes!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@emgh said:
    I ordered my first VPS with HostHatch 2015-12-08. I was 13.

Right now, I have one compute and one storage server.

They've gone above and beyond for me on two occasions recently.

At the first occasion, it was "their fault", I reinstalled my VM, and it never turned on again. As I understand it, the node itself was working, but it was bugging with reinstalls. At that point, I stated that I don't even need the data, but it's for backups, so I'd like it up and running ASAP. They said they'd re-provision it wherever I wanted, and offered a refund + 6 months free of charge. Since then, it's been running beautifully.

At the second occasion, backups didn't run successfully. As I logged in, I see that my bandwidth is capped. I won't say what plan I'm at, as I don't know if that makes a difference and I don't want people to just expect that they'd do this, but I created a ticket and asked if there was any way I could borrow a TB or so of bandwidth from the compute to the backup, or, increase the server price a tad to get a TB of extra bandwidth, to not have to get an extra invoice monthly for adding bandwidth (I hate book keeping).

Within about an hour, they increased the bandwidth by more than I asked for, and it it completely free of charge and permanently. Although, keep in mind that this storage server isn't a promo server. The compute, however, is.

About the compute, it's been flawless. Zero complaints at all.

I don't use any monitoring, but I do access the compute often and the backups run quite often too, and I'd get alerted if they had any issues, and it just works - always.

In summary, I'll give them 8.69/10. They have all the potential to be 10/10, but so far they're lacking in communications. They've also stated that they're aware of this on here, so I hope this is a place that they can improve on. For example, I wouldn't have reinstalled the storage VM if I knew before-hand that it would temporarily cripple it.

But, they do (for me, obviously not everyone will have the same experience) go above and beyond for their clients, their custom panel is beautiful and they're constantly adding new features.

Kthxbai @hosthatch

Thank you for the patronage and the kind words, they are very much appreciated. Also appreciate you leaving out the exact details of the extra bandwidth as that would only cause some more requests that we might have had to deny. In general though, we're happy to accommodate anything related to bandwidth, especially in the US/EU regions on standard plans.

Thanked by 2emgh lzy666
  • @hosthatch said:

@emgh said:

At the first occasion, it was "their fault", I reinstalled my VM, and it never turned on again. As I understand it, the node itself was working, but it was bugging with reinstalls. At that point, I stated that I don't even need the data, but it's for backups, so I'd like it up and running ASAP. They said they'd re-provision it wherever I wanted, and offered a refund + 6 months free of charge. Since then, it's been running beautifully.

At the second occasion, backups didn't run successfully. As I logged in, I see that my bandwidth is capped. I won't say what plan I'm at, as I don't know if that makes a difference and I don't want people to just expect that they'd do this, but I created a ticket and asked if there was any way I could borrow a TB or so of bandwidth from the compute to the backup, or, increase the server price a tad to get a TB of extra bandwidth, to not have to get an extra invoice monthly for adding bandwidth (I hate book keeping).

Within about an hour, they increased the bandwidth by more than I asked for, and it it completely free of charge and permanently. Although, keep in mind that this storage server isn't a promo server. The compute, however, is.

I don't use any monitoring, but I do access the compute often and the backups run quite often too, and I'd get alerted if they had any issues, and it just works - always.

In summary, I'll give them 8.69/10. They have all the potential to be 10/10, but so far they're lacking in communications. They've also stated that they're aware of this on here, so I hope this is a place that they can improve on. For example, I wouldn't have reinstalled the storage VM if I knew before-hand that it would temporarily cripple it.

But, they do (for me, obviously not everyone will have the same experience) go above and beyond for their clients, their custom panel is beautiful and they're constantly adding new features.

Kthxbai @hosthatch

Thank you for the patronage and the kind words, they are very much appreciated. Also appreciate you leaving out the exact details of the extra bandwidth as that would only cause some more requests that we might have had to deny. In general though, we're happy to accommodate anything related to bandwidth, especially in the US/EU regions on standard plans.

Since you are here, happy anniversary!

I am eagerly waiting for $7/year offer. :smiley:

Thanked by 3hosthatch emgh sh97
  • emghemgh Member

@hosthatch No problem, I wouldn’t have mentioned it at all, but I remember you stated that you’re flexible with bandwidth on certain standard (non-promo) plans on LET before, so I wanted to provide context without providing any more detail than that provided by you in the past. I’m glad you appreciate that, keep it up! :)

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • nyamenknyamenk Member

@anubhavhirani said:

@hosthatch said:

@emgh said:

Kthxbai @hosthatch

@hosthatch where is the offer?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • sh97sh97 Member

@anubhavhirani said:

@hosthatch said:

@emgh said:

Kthxbai @hosthatch

Even a $13/yr offer for the 13th anniversary.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

Another long time HostHatch customer here, and I can only second emgh's opinion, HostHatch works really really well.
    Their custom control panel is easily one of the best there is, if not the best.
    Things like internal network and BGP are really nice features, and they provide it free of charge.
    Performance is really good and their network is awesome.

The only issues I've had over the years are some ipv6 outages but they have been quickly resolved after contacting support. Shit happens everywhere, what matters is how you deal with it and HH fixed it immediately.
    As @emgh said, they are not far from 10/10.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@hosthatch said:

@emgh said:

Kthxbai @hosthatch

Even a $13/yr offer for the 13th anniversary.

I like the idea, offer link where? o.O

• shruubshruub Member

@anubhavhirani said:

Here you go (don't check the link) hosthatch.com/super-duper-13-dollarido-offer

• @shruub said:

@anubhavhirani said:

Here you go (don't check the link) hosthatch.com/super-duper-13-dollarido-offer

Thanks!

Been refreshing LET for a while now, guess Hosthatch won't have any sale this anniversary.

• benchbench Member

@anubhavhirani said:
    Been refreshing LET for a while now, guess Hosthatch won't have any sale this anniversary.

They will do some promotions on/around 25th April

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3941988/#Comment_3941988

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @crunchbits said:

@emgh said:

@bgerard said:

@emgh said:

I'd take another compute but after @crunchbits had a chicken fire sale, I really don't need it

They seem really nice, if they ever enter the EU market I'd be the first one to buy a server get Eric to gift me a server

lets say EUROPE instead of EU(dSSR)

• @hyperblast said:

@crunchbits said:

@emgh said:

@bgerard said:

@emgh said:

lets say EUROPE instead of EU(dSSR)

@crunchbits