Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ordering a new KS server with Kimsufi account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ordering a new KS server with Kimsufi account

Adam1Adam1 Member

So, I have a couple KS servers for many years, and today i want to order a new one.

Simple I thought.... but when I go to order a new server i'm redirected to ovhcloud, which does not recognise my xxxxxx-ra account id. (tried various countries/locals).

Does anyone know how I can order a server using my KS login/account? maybe some url manipulation?

support is asking me for a xxxxx-ovh account id, which i do not have, yet emails/invoiced etc consistently refer to ovhcloud for a long time.

Comments

• MrLimeMrLime Member
    edited April 5

It's now with OVHCloud. You buy new Kimsufi servers under that account. Legacy accounts still use the Kimsufi account system to maintain existing servers / billing etc.

• RurikoRuriko Member

Sucks that you have reverify your account on ovh if your kimsufi account has been verified in the past

• Adam1Adam1 Member

@MrLime said:
    It's now with OVHCloud. You buy new Kimsufi servers under that account. Legacy accounts still use the Kimsufi account system to maintain existing servers / billing etc.

yeah, seems like this is the case, that sucks. I know i'll have to re-verify as I'm now in Vietnam and my billing is in the West. fun and games.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Which brings me on to question #2:

Does anyone know how i can create an OVHCloud account that bills in Euro, while my billing address is UK? Their UK pricing is always +5-10% higher in GBP, seems like a kick in the face haha.

• Smith42Smith42 Member

@Adam1 said:
    Which brings me on to question #2:

Does anyone know how i can create an OVHCloud account that bills in Euro, while my billing address is UK? Their UK pricing is always +5-10% higher in GBP, seems like a kick in the face haha.

Aside from having a friend in a country with Euro billing, like France, Germany or Ireland among many others, there is no way to avoid it.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Thanks. Went ahead with new ovhcloud account in GBP. Got double the disk space on my KS-17 (which is replacing a ... KS-17). So that's nice. No use for the additional space though :D

• Bigger SSDs are probably faster as well; whether that matters for SATA SSD is debatable.