Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ViridWeb / OneVirt: Backup your data now.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ViridWeb / OneVirt: Backup your data now.

brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Today I noticed that the DA license of the shared hosting account I have with OneVirt has expired.
Their website appears to be down as well: https://my.onevirt.com/
They're related to ViridWeb whose website just shows a default page: https://www.viridweb.com/

I'm honestly pissed. Since the DA license has expired, I cannot even take a proper backup. I still have SSH access. Is there a way to create a backup using the CLI without being an admin?

Thanked by 2mrTom k4zz

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 4

Have you tried Linux commands like rsync and mysqldump? You be able to backup data without DA

Thanked by 2brueggus Talistech
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@WebProject said:
    Have you tried Linux commands like rsync and mysqldump? You be able to backup data without DA

That's what I did. But I would love to have a backup I could just restore in another DA account.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

DirectAdmin relies heavily on ordinary scripts to do its magic. Perhaps you can find the source of the backup restoration/creation script on a server that runs DA and artificially craft the required tarball ?

Otherwise, if you are in need, please feel free to DM. Happy to help migrate, dealing with DirectAdmin (and its quirks) is sort of what we do daily .. :-)

Thanked by 3brueggus ipguru lothos
  • Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • _MS__MS_ Member

They also had another deadpool brand here called fiberia.io.
    Serial Deadpooler. :+1:

By making three deadpools, these guys have beaten the real Deadpool, which has only happened twice (2 movies).

Thanked by 4niranjan Abd kheng86 ehab
  • im surprised anyone would use them after fiberia.

Thanked by 3sasslik kheng86 ehab

@cybertech said:
    im surprised anyone would use them after fiberia.

I didn't know about fiberia.
    Why were they still allowed to advertise their brands here? Oh, wait...

Thanked by 2shruub kheng86
  • @brueggus said:

@cybertech said:
    im surprised anyone would use them after fiberia.

I didn't know about fiberia.
    Why were they still allowed to advertise their brands here? Oh, wait...

im not gonna mention $200 but

• MadMad Member

Popcorn time :#

@RickBakkr said:
    DirectAdmin relies heavily on ordinary scripts to do its magic. Perhaps you can find the source of the backup restoration/creation script on a server that runs DA and artificially craft the required tarball ?

Crafting the tarball is a great idea! Looking into that now. I still have an old backup to get the structure from. Some time ago I looked into scheduling backup creation in DA but gave up eventually as there was no API endpoint to do it.

@RickBakkr said:
    Otherwise, if you are in need, please feel free to DM. Happy to help migrate, dealing with DirectAdmin (and its quirks) is sort of what we do daily .. :-)

Will do if I run into issues. Thanks for the offer! :)

• This guy won't reset DA's password for clients and treat users like shit, I saw this coming since I made this comment: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3893564/#Comment_3893564

I hope he lets users back up the data before shutting down the servers.

• UmairUmair Member

@brueggus said:
    That's what I did. But I would love to have a backup I could just restore in another DA account.

You can do something like

/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin admin-backup --destination=/home/admin/admin_backups --user=username

Thanked by 1brueggus

@Umair said:

@brueggus said:

You can do something like

/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin admin-backup --destination=/home/admin/admin_backups --user=username

Doesn't work for non-admin users:
    load config: open /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf: no such file or directory

Thanked by 1k4zz
  • sassliksasslik Member

Keywords "lifetime deals" and "hosting company in india", congratulations you hit the jackpot!

• VoidVoid Member

@sasslik said:
    Keywords "lifetime deals" and "hosting company in india", congratulations you hit the jackpot!

Lifetime means lifetime of the host, not customers.

Thanked by 1anubhavhirani
  • JosephFJosephF Member

Is it official that this hosting provider is dead?

• mrTommrTom Member

@JosephF said:
    Is it official that this hosting provider is dead?

their domains lead nowhere, their DA license expired, and now also the servers disappeared.

i guess it doesnt get more official.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 5

I'm always surprised to see that https://www.genhost.in/ is still around. Not because they're an Indian company, but because I remember them to have offered "Unlimited" Master and Alpha Reseller Hosting since the times of MisterHost and they still continue to be around.

Edit: they still seem to offer Master+Alpha Reseller Hosting, but at somewhat more "sustainable" prices than I remembered.

• Does any provider other than MikePT offer any lifetime plan here? o.O

• sh97sh97 Member

@anubhavhirani said:
    Does any provider other than MikePT offer any lifetime plan here? o.O

@jar has a lifetime mxroute plan

• tra10000tra10000 Member

Where is Jar? Why doesn't he come here anymore?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

ah no I don't send out any emails, but thanks. :smiley:

• sh97sh97 Member

@anubhavhirani said:

@sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

Ah if you meant web hosting, I think I've seen visualwebtechnology with a few lifetime deal during their BF spam, but wouldn't recommend them.

• shruubshruub Member

@tra10000 said:

I mean 3 days offline isn't the end of the world. He's probably just chilling.

• @sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

Ah if you meant web hosting, I think I've seen visualwebtechnology with a few lifetime deal during their BF spam, but wouldn't recommend them.

Wow! I'd recommend MikePT's lifetime deals, at least I have been using their service since 2021, some small problems come and go like a few downtimes and DDOS but they take responsibility for it + it is a lifetime for a few bucks so you can not expect much, ticket response time is pretty good.

@sh97 What providers do you recommend from LET?

• tra10000tra10000 Member

@shruub said:

@tra10000 said:

3 days last activity.
    He hasn't written anything for more than a month.

This man is someone who even reads LET in the toilet.

• sh97sh97 Member

@anubhavhirani said:

@sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

Wow! I'd recommend MikePT's lifetime deals, at least I have been using their service since 2021, some small problems come and go like a few downtimes and DDOS but they take responsibility for it + it is a lifetime for a few bucks so you can not expect much, ticket response time is pretty good.

I'm assuming Web Hosting and not VPS? If that's the case, ofc NameCrane and HostBRR are my top two. With certain coupons I think HostBrr starts at 3-5$/year.
    MikePT is prem too, haven't tried them out myself, but the reviews and general opinion are really good about them.

Thanked by 2Francisco NameCrane
  • @sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@sh97 said:

@anubhavhirani said:

I'm assuming Web Hosting and not VPS? If that's the case, ofc NameCrane and HostBRR are my top two. With certain coupons I think HostBrr starts at 3-5$/year.
    MikePT is prem too, haven't tried them out myself, but the reviews and general opinion are really good about them.

How about VPS? I don't need more web hosting space.

Do you know any provider that resells Leapswitch Indian network?

• shruubshruub Member
    edited April 5

@tra10000 said:

@shruub said:

@tra10000 said:

3 days last activity.
    He hasn't written anything for more than a month.

This man is someone who even reads LET in the toilet.

Oh true, I read 1. March as 1. April. Well, he is fine, I'm sure. There also haven't been that much interesting threads recently.

Edit: also sorry for deraling this thread.