Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote DDOS Protection - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Remote DDOS Protection

2»

Comments

• GhtGht Member

@kait said:

@Ght said: Name me a better ADP please ?

I would rather swim with penguins than dance with tigers.

Dude i said please name me a better anti ddos provider ? Because my services requires AntiDDoS !

• PetrCZEPetrCZE Member

Honestly most other ADPs. Path.net is effective only if you use their custom filters and block any other traffic. It's firewall for me. :smile: After they left Arelion, they started to have issues with simple UDP amplifications. Then we have tried G-Core, AS203446 (Both of them are comparable alternative) and we end up with CDN77 + Custom filters.

Thanked by 1Ght
  • GhtGht Member

@PetrCZE said:

Honestly most other ADPs. Path.net is effective only if you use their custom filters and block any other traffic. It's firewall for me. :smile: After they left Arelion, they started to have issues with simple UDP amplifications. Then we have tried G-Core, AS203446 (Both of them are comparable alternative) and we end up with CDN77 + Custom filters.

Thats an answer , thank you also i heard about G-Core and i have plans to order a Dedicated there if things go bad with path.

• AS203446AS203446 Member, Patron Provider

A general thing to consider is the pricing of every Anti DDoS solution out there. People expect the magic to happen for peanuts. There is a lot of work involved for running Anti DDoS platforms and sorry if that may hit someone in the face, we had a lot of inquiries from people that tried to negotiate the price to an outrageous level.

From my experience: The people that do not really need DDoS protection scream the loudest and pay the least.

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • GhtGht Member
    edited March 31

@AS203446 said:
    A general thing to consider is the pricing of every Anti DDoS solution out there. People expect the magic to happen for peanuts. There is a lot of work involved for running Anti DDoS platforms and sorry if that may hit someone in the face, we had a lot of inquiries from people that tried to negotiate the price to an outrageous level.

From my experience: The people that do not really need DDoS protection scream the loudest and pay the least.

The gaming sector which im involved needs a very good anti ddos system & filters , which no one else was able to provide except Path , and from my experience of 12 years no one has beaten Path for their Protection & Filters. So people here are saying that path will bankrrupt they are bad people and such things which us "clients" of 3rd parties doesnt care. And dont forget that gaming sector keeps Anti DDoS Providers alive. So we need good Anti DDoS & Filtering systems. Then the price for protection its high i know but only big Providers can afford that kind of protection which have a lot of clients to cover the expenses.

• AS203446AS203446 Member, Patron Provider

@Ght said:

@AS203446 said:

The gaming sector which im involved needs a very good anti ddos system & filters , which no one else was able to provide except Path , and from my experience of 12 years no one has beaten Path for their Protection & Filters. So people here are saying that path will bankrrupt they are bad people and such things which us "clients" of 3rd parties doesnt care. And dont forget that gaming sector keeps Anti DDoS Providers alive. So we need good Anti DDoS & Filtering systems. Then the price for protection its high i know but only big Providers can afford that kind of protection which have a lot of clients to cover the expenses.

I understand that. I didn't talk about you directly, just a general thing. I know that there are people who value the work of others.

Thanked by 1Ght
  • kaitkait Member

@Ght said: Thats an answer , thank you also i heard about G-Core and i have plans to order a Dedicated there if things go bad with path.

If you can read I've already said that CDN77/Datapacket is great on the first page...

• Path anti-ddos may be great and all but moot point if it's unreliable or may go down at any point from their own brought-upon mismanagement.

But anyway, OP asks about any remote anti-DDOS protection and this thread devolves into a Path flamewar. There's a dedicated Path thread to continue that discussion in.

Thanked by 1lukast__
  • GhtGht Member
    edited March 31

@kait said:

@Ght said: Thats an answer , thank you also i heard about G-Core and i have plans to order a Dedicated there if things go bad with path.

If you can read I've already said that CDN77/Datapacket is great on the first page...

I can read but you are blind of what is happening in the world or you never faced ddos attacks, i dont have any idea of how you can compare Datapacket or CDN77 with Path , seriously ? Both of them doesnt work and they are not specialized in Gaming Industry man i have seen hell and i know what ddos is please stop it, and its my fault that im replying to people here that doesnt have an idea of what a real DDoS Protection is. Good bye

• kaitkait Member

@Ght said: idea of what a real DDoS Protection is

Do you think Path with bad routing and losing IXPs left and right is good DDoS prot? There are no good options out there. And who says OP needs it with Gaming Servers in mind????

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • matey0matey0 Member
    edited March 31

@PineappleM said:
    But anyway, OP asks about any remote anti-DDOS protection and this thread devolves into a Path flamewar. There's a dedicated Path thread to continue that discussion in.

It was mostly a discussion between me and @Ght started by his wild accusations that I'm a sockpuppet of dataforest. Didn't intend to derail the thread. Since OP directly mentioned Path it made sense to summarize what the issues with them are. The path thread is too long.

There have been a couple good suggestions here now and @Ght seems open to considering them too.

• GhtGht Member

@matey0 said:

@PineappleM said:

It was mostly a discussion between me and @Ght started by his wild accusations that I'm a sockpuppet of dataforest. Didn't intend to derail the thread. Since OP directly mentioned Path it made sense to summarize what the issues with them are. The path thread is too long.

There have been a couple good suggestions here now and @Ght seems open to considering them too.

Well im done with you as well , i hope Path will stay strong otherwise i and to many people are f... up.

• CiprianCiprian Member
    edited April 3

@Jasonhyperhost said:
    Hey Guys

looking at Changing our DDOS Protection ,

what does people use looking to get a feel at what the general feel for one of the better ones for hosting providers, i see theres a mix of path & Cosmic guard, but seen in the news thats a lot of uncertainy with path not paying there bills.

what options are out there.

we,ve been contacting by blazing fast for there GRE DDOS but never heard any provider using it so dont hold faith with them .

I do not want to comment on others however I can definitely help with trying out Voxility services. You can reach out directly to me at [email protected] :) and I am 100% sure you`ll see the improvements when using our services.

Currently number 78 in the world as a network according to Caida AS Rank 3223:)

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Jasonhyperhost said:
    what options are out there.

we,ve been contacting by blazing fast for there GRE DDOS but never heard any provider using it so dont hold faith with them .

In which region are you looking for remote DDoS-Protection, UK? If so, we can provide it there, hit me a PN if interested. Current capacity is about 3.2Tbps overall, we're doing business since quite some years - longer as most others - while running our own XDP based filtering stack, which is fully customer adjustable through restful api and customer area.