Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for affordable Dedi - Europe (NO OVH, Online.net, Hetzner!!) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for affordable Dedi - Europe (NO OVH, Online.net, Hetzner!!)

13»

Comments

• @Mark_R said:

I have an mSP with the "Professional Use option".
    Anti DDoS Pro is included with this option, I am paying 12.60€ without VAT for it.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Jack said:
    I can enable and disable it and I don't pay for pro.

Yes but is it active 24/7?

VAC usually disables after theres no attack for x min/hours

at the moment your vac protected server gets attacked it will activate (usually too late for gameservers.)

• @rm_ said:
    Mark_R, what is your issue with online.net, btw? Other than one specific gotcha (need to cancel before 20th of the month), they seem to be quite sensible, OVH-level affordability without the bizzare sudden "mood swings" of OVH.

If online.net could provide more than 1 ip with the same price. I would buy a few. Too bad the ips cost more in Europe

• @Mark_R said:
    their support is ignorant to everyone who doesnt speak their language, you could say im just not a big fan of this country and its people.

So true

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I've been happy with my dedi from PoundHost which I got from from this LET offer

Hardware a little old, but the location is good for me - and the extra HD for £0.99 is nice, most other low-end dedis I've seen ask a lot for an extra disk.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@tehdan said:
    I've been happy with my dedi from PoundHost which I got from from this LET offer

Hardware a little old, but the location is good for me - and the extra HD for £0.99 is nice, most other low-end dedis I've seen ask a lot for an extra disk.

its good to hear that you are satisfied with them

i would love to see more budget dedicated server providers in the EU.

• Delimiter is actually considering providing budget hosting services in the EU

i cannot wait to hear their final decision.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Webtropia

• oneprovider usually has nice options in france

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2014

@iamm said:
    oneprovider usually has nice options in france

They are online.net servers.

• iamm said: oneprovider usually has nice options in france

They charge around 3EU per IP and only get 1!!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2014

INIZ said: They are online.net servers.

But they provide a nice barrier of sanity between you and online.net, e.g. you don't have to give them full access to your Paypal, can just pay regular invoices like at any other provider.

On the other hand, IPv6 is "lost in translation" somewhere, even though it's available at online.net, servers via oneprovider won't have it, and they give no ETA of when it will be implemented.

• @Mark_R Contact @rds100, he offers affordable dedicated servers in Europe. https://www.fitvps.com/members/cart.php?gid=2

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Janevski said:
    Mark_R Contact rds100, he offers affordable dedicated servers in Europe. https://www.fitvps.com/members/cart.php?gid=2

Thank you for sharing this provider with us

but for me the search ended a while ago http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/430817/#Comment_430817

i kept this thread open to index more budget EU dedi providers, its nice to have them at one place.

• seflow.it is Italy. It's risky for filesharing.
    Also if you previously stated that webtropia is not an option because its ToU #8 "The customer is obligated, to refrain from using the servers provided to him/her or the servers the customer installed by himself in myloc’s facilities for illegal purposes, especially file sharing"
    then what about seflow ToU#22:
    "Peer to Peer Software (file sharing): the use of Peer to Peer software or any other file sharing software allowing the circulation, copying and distribution of unauthorised files through our services is forbidden."

such statemenst in ToU are formal and standard everywhere, but there's a difference in mentionning that sharing "illegal" content (ie. warez mostly) is forbidden, and mentionning that filesharing software itself (like torrent servers) is forbidden. In this case, the webtropia ToU is more liberal than seflow.

Now, as another user did mention earlier here, oneprovider.com is good because they resell servers of different providers in Europe, often servers which are a previous offering of a provider before it moved to a newer line of boxes. So one can pick servers with slightly lower specs. yet plain good, at a discounted price.
    For instance they have i5@4gb/2x1Tb (cpu-ram-disk) of online.net at 20€.
    As it was mentioned earlier in the thread, with oneprovider instead of online,net directly, there are no english language issue, because oneprovider is in Canada. And no payment issue, they bill one time PayPal, not subscription.
    oneprovider do also resell seflow boxes.
    Here they list their offerings in Europe, and the Milan one for instance, it's seflow:
    http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers-in-europe
    (but by now, no cheap offering for seflow).
    Once in a while it's good to check oneprovider, as they can have discounts not found at the original provider, for a range of european providers.

• @abravo said:

Some good information there but let me clear one thing up,

I never stated that webtropia wasn't a option because of ToU #8..

read my previous post http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/430070/#Comment_430070

i described it there already, i dont like agreements with such huge amounts of money in them, why would i ever wanna agree to something like that?

• Wow... thanks re: seflow.it.

those prices are better than hetzner's.. boggle