Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsedmedia - Thoughts? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsedmedia - Thoughts?

Comments

• loayloay Member

@stefeman said:
    Is @yoursunny really CCP shill though? I have never seen him talk about it here.

His alt @Not_Oles does.

/s

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@loay said:

@stefeman said:
    Is @yoursunny really CCP shill though? I have never seen him talk about it here.

His alt @Not_Oles does.

/s

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 25

@default said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@default said:
    PulsedMedia is great for seedbox offers. For dedicated servers though... I don't know. Here is a benchmark of MD14 dedicated server (currently idling like a champ).

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-03-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun 24 Mar 2024 04:59:58 AM EET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 5 hours, 57 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500T CPU @ 2.50GHz
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 1279.304 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 15.5 GiB
    Swap       : 7.5 GiB
    Disk       : 461.0 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-27-amd64
    VM Type    : NONE
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : Magna Capax Finland Oy
    ASN        : AS203003 Magna Capax Finland Oy
    Host       : Magnacapax
    Location   : Helsinki, Uusimaa (18)
    Country    : Finland

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/nvme0n1p3):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 19.37 MB/s    (4.8k) | 224.93 MB/s   (3.5k)
    Write      | 19.37 MB/s    (4.8k) | 226.11 MB/s   (3.5k)
    Total      | 38.75 MB/s    (9.6k) | 451.04 MB/s   (7.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 369.88 MB/s    (722) | 171.74 MB/s    (167)
    Write      | 389.53 MB/s    (760) | 183.18 MB/s    (178)
    Total      | 759.42 MB/s   (1.4k) | 354.93 MB/s    (345)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 912 Mbits/sec   | 16.0 Mbits/sec  | 43.3 ms        
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 805 Mbits/sec   | 151 Mbits/sec   | 28.1 ms        
    Telia           | Helsinki, FI (10G)        | 949 Mbits/sec   | 56.6 Mbits/sec  | 0.936 ms       
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 869 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 116 ms         
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 740 Mbits/sec   | 38.2 Mbits/sec  | 199 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 799 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 168 ms         
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 867 Mbits/sec   | 35.0 Mbits/sec  | 93.0 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 729 Mbits/sec   | 3.88 Mbits/sec  | 204 ms         

YABS completed in 4 min 38 sec

Install NIC drivers. That's exactly how the Realtek nic behaves with the FOSS drives. r8168-dkms solves that.
    Now when reinstalled those come by default.

As for the IOPS, there's clearly an issue with the node. Open support ticket, most likely you will need replacement. Should be at least 5x that performance on 1M.

It's OK. The server is already marked for cancellation; I don't want to keep it. You may fix it after cancellation.

Keep up the good work with the seedboxes.

EDIT: Driver was already installed when benchmark was done: "r8168-dkms is already the newest version (8.048.03-3)".

You have probably wrong version of r8168-dkms, there was also a broken version in debian repos. I forgot the numbers, but i know that's not the working one, it's the latest in Deb12 repo at least. Try apt update; apt full-upgrade -y;

I won't know which is yours, or which node needs manual actual human checkup.

All i know that is far from typical. Typical node gets network-speed.xyz total on average ~65GiB (very fast!). You should be seeing ~same perf for receive as send, if not more. Typically downstream speeds are higher than send.

I/O performance lowest we've seen is about 1.7GB/s for the 1M FIO Yabs.sh test. For I/O perf try fstrim and rerun the yabs. Also make sure you are not using all the I/O at the time and/or have just used.

What you are seeing is abysmal for the spec of the node, and the network setup.

@stefeman said:

@johndeo983 said:

@yoursunny said:

@PulsedMedia said:
    we don't like mass surveillance and go counter to CCP agenda

@angstrom issues another warning or maybe a 7-day ban.

I have a feeling you hate them because there is no ipv6

No, he hates us because we wouldn't offer renewal at shit low rate of 18€/Year like cheapo VPSs when energy crisis hit, and refused to deadpool. He absolutely loved the service.

For the IPv6 -> He says IPv6 is must have for arresting the right person for wrong opinions, i've linked it many times where he says that here in LET. His example was along the lines of a class room behind NAT, someone makes nasty comments online the whole class has to be arrested instead of just the person doing those comments.
    Or in other words, he wants more authoritarian control and opinion oppression, exactly the opposite we represent as a company, and exactly what the regime over in China wants.

Now, a person wanting more authoritarian control for CCP, is that an CCP Shill/Supporter/Agent? I think they are.

Ever since having to increase renewal price he has been trying to damage our business every way and every when possible. He always makes those quick comments and leaves, trying to suck up as much our time as possible and trying to get the mods to ban us.

Not because of service, but because we refused to deadpool // give him free services.
    Rumor is he frequently bullies providers, and there are providers who just wanting to avoid the drama he would cause, give him super discounts and/or free services.

There's a reason people make browser plugins to filter out him.
    The big mystery now is why is he protected in this Forum? He can do whatever, with no repercussions and is actively being protected. Ie. our opinion of him is being attempted to be opressed and silenced.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 25

Yoursunny leaks damn

Care to comment on the accusations @yoursunny :D

Sounds like good drama.

• bgerardbgerard Member

@stefeman said:
    Yoursunny leaks damn

Sounds like good drama.

It's the same old stuff.

@yoursunny is irritating and unfunny but will pollute threads with his ipv6 and push up nonsense. He doesn't like @PulsedMedia because they won't sustain an unsustainable deal and also because PM doesn't support ipv6.

@PulsedMedia hates @yoursunny because....its kinda obvious

• @bgerard said:

@stefeman said:
    Yoursunny leaks damn

Sounds like good drama.

It's the same old stuff.

@yoursunny is irritating and unfunny but will pollute threads with his ipv6 and push up nonsense. He doesn't like @PulsedMedia because they won't sustain an unsustainable deal and also because PM doesn't support ipv6.

@PulsedMedia hates @yoursunny because....its kinda obvious

Sounds like two old lovers xD

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • MarxMarx Member

@bgerard said: @yoursunny is irritating and unfunny but will pollute threads with his ipv6 and push up nonsense.

I always thought it was just myself that hated his IPv6 nonsense posts in provider threads.

Ahhh, I feel better already!

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 25

@PulsedMedia said:
    You have probably wrong version of r8168-dkms, there was also a broken version in debian repos. I forgot the numbers, but i know that's not the working one, it's the latest in Deb12 repo at least. Try apt update; apt full-upgrade -y;

All i know that is far from typical. Typical node gets network-speed.xyz total on average ~65GiB (very fast!). You should be seeing ~same perf for receive as send, if not more. Typically downstream speeds are higher than send.

I/O performance lowest we've seen is about 1.7GB/s for the 1M FIO Yabs.sh test. For I/O perf try fstrim and rerun the yabs. Also make sure you are not using all the I/O at the time and/or have just used.

The server came with Debian 11 installed by PulsedMedia staff. I kept its operating system because Debian 11 is still actively maintained and it was installed by PulsedMedia officials from their template. As a customer I do not like to open many tickets and bother the provider. I tried to address the situation, but I could not solve it.

Upgrading to Debian 12 might cause other problems, because there is no console or hard reboot button, so once again it would go back to more support tickets.

For me, if I can't handle stuff, there is always a very simple solution: cancellation. This way the provider will get time to look at services when no customer is using the product or when manually configuring for another customer. Meanwhile maybe is my fault and the new customer will be smarter in using powerful dedicated servers. I can't comment on dedicated servers and custom drivers; maybe it should be like this, I don't know. I am more a fan of VDS and VPS with open source software, because I can install everything myself, the way I want it, while also managing the server from console if something unexpected or really bad happens.

Meanwhile I like your seedbox services, so please keep that going because that works wonders and I had no problems with seedboxes in the past. I never opened a support ticket for your seedbox services and that is good in my book. They just work and more speed is always better. To the moon 🚀

@bgerard said: @PulsedMedia hates @yoursunny because....its kinda obvious

No, i personally hate what he does. Apart from that, i could not care less.

He's just another troll, just like gazillion others we've seen.
    Hit and run tactics, half truths etc. Just enough truth to sound believable. all the typical tactics.

See how he posts something quick and fast, then disappears but others keep wasting time on him // the stupid trolling. He won that round, because he wasted so much time of others -- and humans being a little bit silly; Emotional and believing everything they are told on some level. Human mind lacks firewall and filtering by default. All you need to do is claim something, and it sows a seed of doubt, seed of believability in the false. If a human doesn't have prior knowledge and opinion of something, they believe the first thing they hear. Repeat it often enough, and all the rest will follow.

For large masses, reality, facts etc. do not seem to matter, well not for the loud portion at least. Some just act that way because they love the drama and popcorn, or they are feeling bad themselves so they want someone else to feel bad. This last portion is very common with trolls, they are feeling psychologically bad, so they just want to make others feel bad. Nothing else matters, they derive satisfaction and seek to ease their own pain, by causing pain to others.

It's made easier by the fact that people are drawn to negativity, not positivity. Therefore, one lie is amplified multiples, in the internet age potentially thousand fold. It doesn't need to be true, it just needs to sound true enough and not completely ridiculous.

@stefeman said: Care to comment on the accusations @yoursunny :D

He won't respond to any critique etc. that's not how trolls operate, they just move on and spew their shit elsewhere. They create FUD.

They could not cause more FUD by responding to any of that.

However, mods will probably again issue a warning to me, as i will not submit and will not change my opinion based on pressure tactics / external pressure.

-Aleksi

Thanked by 1Marx

@default said:

@PulsedMedia said:

The server came with Debian 11 installed by PulsedMedia staff. I kept its operating system because Debian 11 is still actively maintained and it was installed by PulsedMedia officials from their template. As a customer I do not like to open many tickets and bother the provider. I tried to address the situation, but I could not solve it.

Upgrading to Debian 12 might cause other problems, because there is no console or hard reboot button, so once again it would go back to more support tickets.

For me, if I can't handle stuff, there is always a very simple solution: cancellation. This way the provider will get time to look at services when no customer is using the product or when manually configuring for another customer. Meanwhile maybe is my fault and the new customer will be smarter in using powerful dedicated servers. I can't comment on dedicated servers and custom drivers; maybe it should be like this, I don't know. I am more a fan of VDS and VPS with open source software, because I can install everything myself, the way I want it, while also managing the server from console if something unexpected or really bad happens.

If you do not open a ticket, the issue will remain unknown.

The new template included r8168-dkms by default, and it was checked to be working. You might simply have old version of the package.

We are experimenting with self service systems right now, only a matter of time when reinstall, reboot etc. options are available. The sad thing is, the way we want to operate, no off the shelf option exists. There are some features we'd really really like to have, but don't really have the manpower to code everything ourselves right now. Going with off the shelve option however creates a mountain of excess work which would not happen with self built system, and some key features will be missing :/
    Tough choices.

Meanwhile I like your seedbox services, so please keep that going because that works wonders and I had no problems with seedboxes in the past. I never opened a support ticket for your seedbox services and that is good in my book. They just work and more speed is always better. To the moon 🚀

We will probably release something new by end of Q3, maybe sooner. Seedboxes is a super tough niche (as seen on this thread), and any effort we spend on building new features for those is away from MD series.

Dedis are like 1 000 000x TAM and only growing, while Seedbox niche has been dying slowly.

All the infighting within Seedbox providers (just see r*****) is causing the pie to shrink, instead of growing. Legalities has caused some to rebrand their seedbox offers to something else, causing the market to shrink even faster, and causing confusion.

I have predicted for about 5-6 years now that Seedbox market will continue shrinking, but will not complete die out. Just like usenet providers, there's always some users. It's just not a very large user base, and the total pie is very small to share among all the providers. SB market is probably only 1/100th or maybe even 1/1000th it was a decade ago.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 25

@PulsedMedia said:
    I have predicted for about 5-6 years now that Seedbox market will continue shrinking, but will not complete die out. Just like usenet providers, there's always some users. It's just not a very large user base, and the total pie is very small to share among all the providers. SB market is probably only 1/100th or maybe even 1/1000th it was a decade ago.

Then maybe people use cloud or dedi as seedboxes. It baffles me that market is shrinking, yet many good and popular private trackers for torrents are "invite only".

• matey0matey0 Member

@PulsedMedia said: SB market is probably only 1/100th or maybe even 1/1000th it was a decade ago.

Wow that's a big change. Where do you think that change comes from? I doubt the userbase of (private) torrents has shrunk by that much?

• @loay said:

@stefeman said:

His alt @Not_Oles does.

/s

OP joined March. Seven posts. Hasn't responded since PulsedMedia started ranting.

• cavedogcavedog Member
    edited March 26

My MD16 is flying. I don't have any complaints. Pretty decent mini dedicated.

Tue 26 Mar 2024 02:26:30 AM EET

Uptime     : 38 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2998.527 MHz
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 908.5 GiB
    Kernel     : 6.6.8-x64v3-xanmod1

Read       | 455.99 MB/s (113.9k) | 1.13 GB/s    (17.7k)
    Write      | 457.19 MB/s (114.2k) | 1.14 GB/s    (17.8k)
    Total      | 913.19 MB/s (228.2k) | 2.27 GB/s    (35.5k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 1.60 GB/s     (3.1k) | 1.80 GB/s     (1.7k)
    Write      | 1.69 GB/s     (3.3k) | 1.92 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Total      | 3.30 GB/s     (6.4k) | 3.72 GB/s     (3.6k)

Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 789 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 42.0 ms
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 766 Mbits/sec   | 930 Mbits/sec   | 26.6 ms
    Telia           | Helsinki, FI (10G)        | 802 Mbits/sec   | 949 Mbits/sec   | 0.976 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | 110 ms
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 665 Mbits/sec   | 804 Mbits/sec   | 198 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 819 Mbits/sec   | 167 ms
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 736 Mbits/sec   | 889 Mbits/sec   | 91.7 ms
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 648 Mbits/sec   | 601 Mbits/sec   | 201 ms

Thanked by 2maverick PulsedMedia
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

It's the 1.4PB dedi that I want for Christmas.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    It's the 1.4PB dedi that I want for Christmas.

Santa might not be able to pay for more than a month.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Free bump and thumbs up for old man @PulsedMedia

He's always been great to chat with, great to bounce ideas around and I love the MD platform. Really pushing what is possible while keeping costs to insanely low levels.

• keonkeon Member

@PulsedMedia said: I have predicted for about 5-6 years now that Seedbox market will continue shrinking

Really ? I always thought it will grow, considering that the all the studios are starting their own streaming service and thus making people pay more to watch their favorite show.

Earlier, torrenting dropped due to rise of Netflix, which had almost everything for a relatively cheap monthly price, thus there as no need to torrent a lot, anymore. But now the studios started pulling titles from Netflix and began creating their own service, which had to be paid for separately, basically going in circles, back to the days of cable. So I always thought torrenting will rise again, and thus with it the, seedbox market.

Just curious, why do you think it will shrink ?

• keonkeon Member

@bgerard said: @yoursunny is irritating and unfunny but will pollute threads with his ipv6 and push up nonsense

Yeah, and ironically he himself doesn't even use IPv6 supported server for email of his own domain.
    I had posted about that in the IPv6 thread here

@PulsedMedia said: He won't respond to any critique etc. that's not how trolls operate, they just move on and spew their shit elsewhere. They create FUD.

This is so true. I pointed this out about his hypocrisy to him in the same thread here and he simply ignored and didn't bother to reply.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @keon said:

@PulsedMedia said: I have predicted for about 5-6 years now that Seedbox market will continue shrinking

Really ? I always thought it will grow, considering that the all the studios are starting their own streaming service and thus making people pay more to watch their favorite show.

Earlier, torrenting dropped due to rise of Netflix, which had almost everything for a relatively cheap monthly price, thus there as no need to torrent a lot, anymore. But now the studios started pulling titles from Netflix and began creating their own service, which had to be paid for separately, basically going in circles, back to the days of cable. So I always thought torrenting will rise again, and thus with it the, seedbox market.

All kids born after 1993 can't torrent. All they know is direct download, discord, reddit, google drive, and lie.

But for real the tech literacy of the younger generation (and the generation most likely to pirate due to low income) is super bad. They grew up on phones and consoles meaning that a considerable amount have never used a computer outside of a school Chromebook.

• sliixsliix Member
    edited March 26

@BruhGamer12 said:

@keon said:

All kids born after 1993 can't torrent. All they know is direct download, discord, reddit, google drive, and lie.

But for real the tech literacy of the younger generation (and the generation most likely to pirate due to low income) is super bad. They grew up on phones and consoles meaning that a considerable amount have never used a computer outside of a school Chromebook.

I'd say kids born since the year 2000. I thought people saying these kids don't know what "a folder" is, is a joke until I had to explain it myself to a new joiner (fresh out of school) at my working place. Crazy.

With that being said, I still can see torrent scene being active for the foreseeable future imo.

• BruhGamer12BruhGamer12 Member
    edited March 26

@sliix said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@keon said:

I'd say kids born since the year 2000. I thought people saying these kids don't know what "a folder" is, is a joke until I had to explain it myself to a new joiner (fresh out of school) at my working place. Crazy.

With that being said, I still can see torrent scene being active for the foreseeable future imo.

Yes you right about 2000 he he I was just following the meme tweet.

@matey0 said:

@PulsedMedia said: SB market is probably only 1/100th or maybe even 1/1000th it was a decade ago.

Wow that's a big change. Where do you think that change comes from? I doubt the userbase of (private) torrents has shrunk by that much?

People want easier to use stuff.
    Seedbox isn't exactly the ease of use people are seeking.

Things like CasaOS, Unraid and NAS devices having all these in built. Used hardware becoming more prevalent and cheaper to build your own at home etc.

Faster home internet is a very big reason as well. You only need your Linux ISOs so fast, they have not grown over the years, infact, shrunk in the sense your internet is now fast enough just to use netinst (less total used BW too!)

The audience who needs an seedbox is shrinking, those who wants this stuff remotely, accessible from everywhere, maybe a vpn or irc bouncer to go, 24/7 but too high electricity at home etc.

You can check from google trends the search amounts for seedbox related terms like rutorrent, rtorrent, deluge etc. not direct seedbox as that's also the box for plants to grow in :)

Those all have shrunk MASSIVELY.

Just see this (until imgur removes it for hotlinking):

Searches for rutorrent is 16% of it's peak. All of the related terms i recall being about the same.
    When we started in 2010, as a new comer, with zero history, we could get A LOT of PRE ORDERS overnight, with no precise promise for delivery time.
    These days? Even "free seedbox" barely gets "sold". Just see; 23 available: https://pulsedmedia.com/free-seedbox.php

Thanked by 1matey0

@cavedog said:
    My MD16 is flying. I don't have any complaints. Pretty decent mini dedicated.

Tue 26 Mar 2024 02:26:30 AM EET

Uptime     : 38 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2998.527 MHz
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 908.5 GiB
    Kernel     : 6.6.8-x64v3-xanmod1

Read       | 455.99 MB/s (113.9k) | 1.13 GB/s    (17.7k)
    Write      | 457.19 MB/s (114.2k) | 1.14 GB/s    (17.8k)
    Total      | 913.19 MB/s (228.2k) | 2.27 GB/s    (35.5k)
               |                      |
    Read       | 1.60 GB/s     (3.1k) | 1.80 GB/s     (1.7k)
    Write      | 1.69 GB/s     (3.3k) | 1.92 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Total      | 3.30 GB/s     (6.4k) | 3.72 GB/s     (3.6k)

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 789 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 42.0 ms
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 766 Mbits/sec   | 930 Mbits/sec   | 26.6 ms
    Telia           | Helsinki, FI (10G)        | 802 Mbits/sec   | 949 Mbits/sec   | 0.976 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | 110 ms
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 665 Mbits/sec   | 804 Mbits/sec   | 198 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 819 Mbits/sec   | 167 ms
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 736 Mbits/sec   | 889 Mbits/sec   | 91.7 ms
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 648 Mbits/sec   | 601 Mbits/sec   | 201 ms

Oh my that's wicked fast NVMe. Which model did you get?
    (it's kinda hard to get real world performance figures ... it needs to be in customer hands for months first lol)

@crunchbits said:
    Free bump and thumbs up for old man @PulsedMedia

He's always been great to chat with, great to bounce ideas around and I love the MD platform. Really pushing what is possible while keeping costs to insanely low levels.

I just might have to quote you on that ;)

which reminds me! New DC got a small lick of paint!
    Started the painting, but got cut short that day. Actually doing this bit myself :)

It's rather dark paint;

But i'm not too good with a HVLP spray paint gun (yet), a bit unevent first coats;

Now does anyone know why we are doing this?

Thanked by 2host_c shruub

@keon said:

@bgerard said: @yoursunny is irritating and unfunny but will pollute threads with his ipv6 and push up nonsense

Yeah, and ironically he himself doesn't even use IPv6 supported server for email of his own domain.
    I had posted about that in the IPv6 thread here

@PulsedMedia said: He won't respond to any critique etc. that's not how trolls operate, they just move on and spew their shit elsewhere. They create FUD.

This is so true. I pointed this out about his hypocrisy to him in the same thread here and he simply ignored and didn't bother to reply.

Trolls shall be trolls!

He absolutely loved the service tho, he is just very angry that we couldn't provide renewal at silly 18€/year price anymore. He would preferred we involucrate.

There's a reason some people joke; A provider which Yoursunny picks, is a provider waiting to involucrate soon.

Thanked by 1Marx

@BruhGamer12 said:

@keon said:

@sliix said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@keon said:

It gets even more ridiculous than that!

We just hired a coder, a PHP coder; Who couldn't even configure HTTP server, had really no idea how web servers work at all, had no experience with VPS or servers.

We had an applicant, finished his school, web developer who didn't know what hosting is. Like wtf?

Tho the latter we ended up hiring for documentation project!

Thanked by 1sliix
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@PulsedMedia said:´

We just hired a coder, a PHP coder; Who couldn't even configure HTTP server, had really no idea how web servers work at all, had no experience with VPS or servers.

We had an applicant, finished his school, web developer who didn't know what hosting is. Like wtf?

You expecting to much.
    They learn coding, not how to configure webservers and do sysadmin work.

My team lead, didn't even really know what HTTPS is.
    He was good in coding, better than I was.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@Neoon said:

You expecting to much.

I beg to differ; That's a basic skill you need to be good developer.
    If you don't know on what your stuff runs, you cannot be a good developer.

You can be maybe a developer, but not good one, even less excellent one.

If you don't understand the tech, you cannot code efficiently for that tech.
    You can monkey wrench something, but not efficient.

Then again, i also think approximately 95% of "coders" are quite bad at their job, so i'm definitively biased.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@PulsedMedia said:

@Neoon said:

You expecting to much.

I beg to differ; That's a basic skill you need to be good developer.
    If you don't know on what your stuff runs, you cannot be a good developer.

You can be maybe a developer, but not good one, even less excellent one.

If you don't understand the tech, you cannot code efficiently for that tech.
    You can monkey wrench something, but not efficient.

Then again, i also think approximately 95% of "coders" are quite bad at their job, so i'm definitively biased.

Yes you are indeed based.
    I think we had 2 hours of Linux per week, for 6 months, in 3 years.

We had about 35 hours per week, if you didn't used Linux before, this was and is a joke.
    Out of 20 People we had 3 people that where using Linux on a daily basis, including myself.

It may differ, but again, you are looking for a Coder, not a Sysadmin.
    If you are lucky, you can find someone that can Code and can play with Linux.