Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo India Location is going to live very soon
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo India Location is going to live very soon

hostkarhostkar Member

Received this email today.

Dear,
The festival of Holi is all about celebrating colors and joy, and we're here to add to the festivities. This Holi, we're offering you a special gift: No Setup Fee on new Cloud VPS, Cloud VDS, and Dedicated Servers. We’re also excited to announce big news: a new India Data Center!

Yes, you heard right! Our new India Data Center will launch very soon, expanding our ability to support your dreams and projects throughout the South Asia region. Find out more in our blog article.

Let this Holi be the start of something vibrant and new for your online projects. Grab this limited-time No Setup Fee offer and make the most of your cloud hosting.

Wishing you a joyful and colorful Holi,

Your Contabo Team

Blog Article : https://contabo.com/blog/contabo-will-launch-a-new-data-center-in-india-in-2024/

Thanked by 3sh97 dosai varwww

Comments

• shruubshruub Member

Time to make an indian trains are just as crowded as contabo's nodes joke I guess!

Thanked by 2niranjan Dante
  • @shruub said:

Time to make an indian trains are just as crowded as contabo's nodes joke I guess!

Are those the new DataCenter engineers ?

Thanked by 2shruub bdspice
  • jobayerjobayer Member

they deliver badly oversold vps.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • hostkarhostkar Member

@jobayer said: they deliver badly oversold vps.

>

Check the price also. I am using one of Singapore, which is good till now.

• jobayerjobayer Member

@hostkar said:

@jobayer said: they deliver badly oversold vps.

>

Check the price also. I am using one of Singapore, which is good till now.

you can get better vps from @kuroit @greencoludvps (@NDTN) @Abd @speedypage within their price range. i fall in trap seeing high core and high amount ram and low price. In reality, 1 core from kuroit or speedypage can perform better than contabo 2-3 core. Because They not only use very old hardware but also oversold them. i have used their vps service for around two years (singapore location) and I'm more than happy that i have changed it. their vps perform okay till they start overselling.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited March 22

@shruub said:
    https://trainfanatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/indian-train-overcrowding-735x413.jpg

That is history. This is the present
    Vande Bharat Express

• hostkarhostkar Member

@jobayer said: you can get better vps from @kuroit @greencoludvps (@NDTN) @Abd @speedypage within their price range. i fall in trap seeing high core and high amount ram and low price. In reality, 1 core from kuroit or speedypage can perform better than contabo 2-3 core. Because They not only use very old hardware but also oversold them. i have used their vps service for around two years (singapore location) and I'm more than happy that i have changed it. their vps perform okay till they start overselling.

True, but in some cases we can use it. I am using one for one of my client at it's working well till now.

• shruubshruub Member

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:
    https://trainfanatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/indian-train-overcrowding-735x413.jpg

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge
    Get that kind of picture taken in last 20 years

• shruubshruub Member

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge

Trying to think of an excuse, brb.

Okay, got it. I'd love to, but sadly, I can't travel to india right now.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited March 22

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge

Going back to the topic, I wont be going for India based VPS due to local internet laws applicable to all provider using servers physically present in India.

My workaround
    Use VPS based in Singapore

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • shruubshruub Member

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge

Going back to the topic, I wont be going for India based VPS due to local internet laws applicable to all provider using servers physically present in India.

Same set of laws that banned vpns or whatever?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge

VPNs are not banned.

All VPN providers must keep detailed logging for x number of years, even if customer had service for just one month.

Government officials can ask for details without the need of any court order.

That is why many india based providers ask for details such passport , driver’s license etc

And they openly “lie” that such information is secure and never be shared

Thanked by 1shruub
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge

VPNs are not banned.

All VPN providers must keep detailed logging for x number of years, even if customer had service for just one month.

That is why many india based providers ask for details such passport , driver’s license etc

Not defending MudiJi here, but any Govt can ask a provider and they must comply.

Its just a bit strict in India.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited March 22

@FatGrizzly said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge

VPNs are not banned.

Not defending MudiJi here, but any Govt can ask a provider and they must comply.

My suggestion is to speak with an attorney who deals in Internet Laws and get his opinion

And I expect laws to be “strict” irrespective of which party is in government.

I have two close family members who are attorneys — one here in the USA and another one in India

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@dev_vps said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge

VPNs are not banned.

My suggestion is to speak with an attorney who deals in Internet Laws and get his opinion

I have two close family members who are attorneys — one here in the USA and another one in India

Oh Fair.

Honestly my best guess is provider would give away, since most cops here are corrupt and are ready to beat your ass if you don't comply.

If you've lived in India, You would know.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited March 22

@FatGrizzly said:

@dev_vps said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

@dev_vps said:

@shruub said:

Vande Bharat Express

way too realistic.

Open challenge

VPNs are not banned.

Oh Fair.

Honestly my best guess is provider would give away, since most cops here are corrupt and are ready to beat your ass if you don't comply.

If you've lived in India, You would know.

Yes, I do.

There are laws where accused can be in jail for 180 days before any formal charges are applied or even before he can apply for bail.

Recently, supreme court passed in its judgment that criminal charges should be pressed again an official who cheated in a city mayor election. So far, I have not seen any news report of anything of that sort has happened against that official.

First time in history, supreme court counted votes and announced city mayor election result.

• hostkarhostkar Member

Amrit Bharat Express,

location - Purulia, West Bengal.

Thanked by 1seenu
  • Can we ask for double bw?

• ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
    edited March 22

I wonder what cpu they gonna use for this one and I bet the cost for choosing india location is going to be more expensive than singapore and japan, I heard colocation costs 11k

• If you live in India, then stay away from servers hosted in India because if by any chance your server is hacked and the hacker hosts some phishing website, then you will be in very big trouble, and this type of issue will be handled by local police, who do not know anything about IT services, and you are the one solely responsible for anything that happens, and the service fee for lawyers who deal with this kind of stuff is very high. simply not worth taking the risk

• @diwakerd said:
    If you live in India, then stay away from servers hosted in India because if by any chance your server is hacked and the hacker hosts some phishing website, then you will be in very big trouble, and this type of issue will be handled by local police, who do not know anything about IT services, and you are the one solely responsible for anything that happens, and the service fee for lawyers who deal with this kind of stuff is very high. simply not worth taking the risk

If you're not running wordpress with dozens of plugins, server security isn't too big of an issue. It's pretty easy to protect yourself from most hacks, especially if keep up to date with updates.

• @ehhthing said:

@diwakerd said:
    If you live in India, then stay away from servers hosted in India because if by any chance your server is hacked and the hacker hosts some phishing website, then you will be in very big trouble, and this type of issue will be handled by local police, who do not know anything about IT services, and you are the one solely responsible for anything that happens, and the service fee for lawyers who deal with this kind of stuff is very high. simply not worth taking the risk

If you're not running wordpress with dozens of plugins, server security isn't too big of an issue. It's pretty easy to protect yourself from most hacks, especially if keep up to date with updates.

agree but for myself its not worth taking the risk since we develop small business websites and earn money by hosting multiple clients websites on single server we cannot monitor every single website and yes we use immunify 360 but not every antivirus and server protection programs is 100 percent efficient.

• LeviLevi Member

Will servers include support for windows malware removal?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • any idea which state itll be located in?

• @FatGrizzly said: Not defending MudiJi here, but any Govt can ask a provider and they must comply.

Its just a bit strict in India

Most gov dont force logging of all VPN activity (for 6 months i think) and force KYC verification just for renting servers and considering our governments treatment of journalists (and general responses to mild criticism), this wont end well. I am surprised no one pushed back against this.

• seokyseoky Member

contabo make his name by overselling and bad connective, they just want to open the India market or what, I assume India already has tons of providers

• hostkarhostkar Member

@neverain said: any idea which state itll be located in?

>

Maybe in Mumbai, Maharashtra. because they have office at Mumbai.

Thanked by 1neverain
  • hostkarhostkar Member

@neverain said: Most gov dont force logging of all VPN activity (for 6 months i think) and force KYC verification just for renting servers and considering our governments treatment of journalists (and general responses to mild criticism), this wont end well. I am surprised no one pushed back against this.

>

This is bad for us. for me also. But There is too much frauds happening these days. so they have introduced KYC thing.

• Well I'm using contabo vps still now vps is running fine