Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHcloud Flash Sale | Up to 40% off Dedicated Servers and more! APAC, EU, NAM Locations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHcloud Flash Sale | Up to 40% off Dedicated Servers and more! APAC, EU, NAM Locations

2»

Comments

• I checked Reddit sites from the early 2010s and I saw 100 Mbps BW too so I hoppe that OVH will decide an increase. On SYS line they done that, SYS-5 and higher got 500 Mbps full duplex.
    Any opinion @OVH_APAC ? :)

500Mb/s should be a minimun for baremetal / dedicated server. Like a contractual minimum bw
    1Gb/s should be standard speed

100Mbs is acceptable for VPS / Service Managed as we can use these solutions only for compute and/or micro services

• hapkidohapkido Member

100Mbps I feel it's still quite ok unless you have some streaming.

But it should be close or 100Mbps most of the time.

Anytime less than 10Mbps is......not useful anymore... :D

Thanked by 1emgh
  • hapkidohapkido Member

Hi,

Any Kimsufi server customers here who have email the support?

Normally how fast you get replies? And they only work and reply Monday to Friday?

Maybe @OVH_APAC also provide some details on the support.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• RurikoRuriko Member

@hapkido said: Normally how fast you get replies?

roughly 2 weeks but once they do answer it'll take 1 business day for each reply you make to your current ticket

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • I had good response time on my KS-1 (the cheapest KS available), but I had to make my ticket during business EU hours to get a reply.

It depends on what your issue is; my tickets typically have been inquiries (e.g. "is port 22 blocked") so they aren't difficult or long to answer.

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • hapkidohapkido Member

Noted, mine is network below 10mbps so the support is checking.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@adns said:
    I understand that network capacity is expensive and Kimsufi range with Gbps full duplex might be a competitor of OVH higher lines (SYS, Rise but mainly Sys), however with the bw increase OVH might be the strongest dedi solution in the EU and CA on low-end line...

I checked Reddit sites from the early 2010s and I saw 100 Mbps BW too so I hoppe that OVH will decide an increase. On SYS line they done that, SYS-5 and higher got 500 Mbps full duplex.

Hello @adns, indeed we have started increasing the bandwidth on selected Eco references and we will continue to review for other ranges.

Also to all, Sales have now been extended till 10th April :)

Thanked by 1adns
  • adnsadns Member

@OVH_APAC said:

@adns said:
    I understand that network capacity is expensive and Kimsufi range with Gbps full duplex might be a competitor of OVH higher lines (SYS, Rise but mainly Sys), however with the bw increase OVH might be the strongest dedi solution in the EU and CA on low-end line...

I checked Reddit sites from the early 2010s and I saw 100 Mbps BW too so I hoppe that OVH will decide an increase. On SYS line they done that, SYS-5 and higher got 500 Mbps full duplex.

Hello @adns, indeed we have started increasing the bandwidth on selected Eco references and we will continue to review for other ranges.

Good to hear the probably bandwidth increase. KS and SYS range are one of the best options in the EU market. The latest SYS-LE-1 is an unbelievable deal for that price.

• hapkidohapkido Member

@adns said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@adns said:

Good to hear the probably bandwidth increase. KS and SYS range are one of the best options in the EU market. The latest SYS-LE-1 is an unbelievable deal for that price.

Oh that's good news!

• AnvmeAnvme Member
    edited April 13

Hello!
    I order a server. There were 24 hours delivery. Now I see after validation 48 hours delivery. I was thinking that delivery is real for >$1000 servers. Payment validated and order is being confirmed. But the Checking status is about 48 hours

• RoldanRoldan Member

Hello @OVH_APAC
    Anyone from your support team could answer my ticket #9529874
    It's been 6 days since I created it without any response.

• hapkidohapkido Member

Which range of OVH servers are you all having?

I know KS servers support needs to wait much longer and only during office hours so weekend no reply.

• @OVH_APAC When are we going to get VPS ready in Mumbai DC?

• LucLuc Member

Was too slow. Any new sale planned?