Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach is a scammer company that charges for domain names and cannot use them without any services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach is a scammer company that charges for domain names and cannot use them without any services

If you need to purchase a virmach host and domain name, please be careful as this is an irresponsible scammer company.
On March 10th, I purchased a domain name on virmach and paid all the fees. But the domain name has always been in a pending state.
I tried to get help by submitting a ticket, but nobody replied a

Thanked by 1ketchup

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited March 17

@ycoffee said:
    If you need to purchase a virmach host and domain name, please be careful as this is an irresponsible scammer company.
    On March 10th, I purchased a domain name on virmach and paid all the fees. But the domain name has always been in a pending state.

Next time just buy domains from an actual registrar.

Also, just because your ticket has yet to be answered, considering it's a weekend, doesn't make them a scammer - in this case at least.

• LeviLevi Member

Members here buying their domains from namecrane like a decade or so. Don't get virmached, use crane with your domain name.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • ycoffeeycoffee Member

The domain name purchased by virmach, a scammer company, has not been processed for 7 days since the order was placed on March 10th.
    Virmach is a scammer company without after-sales service
    Here is a screenshot.

Thanked by 1ketchup
  • ycoffeeycoffee Member

@DP said:

@ycoffee said:

Next time just buy domains from an actual registrar.

Also, just because your ticket has yet to be answered, considering it's a weekend, doesn't make them a scammer - in this case at least.

Thank you. However, this order and ticket have been in progress for nearly 7 days and are not today's orders.

Thanked by 1ketchup
  • ycoffeeycoffee Member

@Levi said:
    Members here buying their domains from namecrane like a decade or so. Don't get virmached, use crane with your domain name.

Thank you.

• 退款,这是混蛋

edited March 17

@ycoffee said:
    The domain name purchased by virmach, a scammer company, has not been processed for 7 days since the order was placed on March 10th.
    Virmach is a scammer company without after-sales service
    Here is a screenshot.

Creating multiple tickets won't help speed things up and would normally just end up annoying your provider.

There are more than 2400 ICANN-accredited registrars for you to register your .com domain but you had to pick VirMach? :smiley:

• @ycoffee said:

What possessed you to buy your domain from a hosting company in the first place? :)

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • ycoffeeycoffee Member

@DanSummer said:

@ycoffee said:

What possessed you to buy your domain from a hosting company in the first place? :)

Thank you.

• ycoffeeycoffee Member

Thank you.

• edited March 17

@OP New domain names are only activated once each year on the 1st of January, didn't you know that?

• ycoffeeycoffee Member

@totally_not_banned said:
    退款,这是混蛋

Thank you.

On top of that, don't bother asking for a refund because clearly you've not read their T&C.

Certain Services and fees are non-refundable. These include any domain name purchases, special/custom purchases, limited support packages, dedicated servers, domain registrations, administrative fees, software licensing fees, and any product specifically labeled as non-refundable;

• ycoffeeycoffee Member

@totally_not_banned said:
    @OP New domain names are only activated once each year on the 1st of January, didn't you know that?

I don't know, there was no prompt given when making the purchase.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited March 17
    VirmAche scammer
    买前促销闪购 Promotion flash purchase before you buy
    买后删号删鸡 No service is provided after purchase and the account is deleted
    你喜欢暂停机器 You like suspended
    开工单就性欲不佳 Tickets=Not in good standing
    想解封还要交25刀 25 dollars to unseal
    圣经咏唱 A poem for VIRMACH
    一个账号一个鸡 One chicken per account
    付款只能用批批 PayPal payments only
    超过伍刀别买鸡 Don't buy if above five dollars
    判定停权就争议 Dispute if account restricted
    白嫖半年免费鸡 free chicken for half year
    删号删鸡不扎心 No worries if account or chicken deleted
    不买黄牛溢价鸡 Don't buy overpriced chicken from scalpers
    无脑直冲是傻逼 Stupid people buy without thinking
    你不应该购买VIR的任何服务 You should not buy any services of VIRMACH
  • ycoffeeycoffee Member

@yoursunny said:

VirmAche scammer
    买前促销闪购 Promotion flash purchase before you buy
    买后删号删鸡 No service is provided after purchase and the account is deleted
    你喜欢暂停机器 You like suspended
    开工单就性欲不佳 Tickets=Not in good standing
    想解封还要交25刀 25 dollars to unseal
    圣经咏唱 A poem for VIRMACH
    一个账号一个鸡 One chicken per account
    付款只能用批批 PayPal payments only
    超过伍刀别买鸡 Don't buy if above five dollars
    判定停权就争议 Dispute if account restricted
    白嫖半年免费鸡 free chicken for half year
    删号删鸡不扎心 No worries if account or chicken deleted
    不买黄牛溢价鸡 Don't buy overpriced chicken from scalpers
    无脑直冲是傻逼 Stupid people buy without thinking
    你不应该购买VIR的任何服务 You should not buy any services of VIRMACH

Thank you.

• You should choose your domain registrar carefully.
    Some registrars can cause problems even if they are ICANN accredited.

• edited March 17

Joking aside @OP, if that domain isn't super valuable to you, it's probably your best option to just wait for Virmach's response (which might take a while...) and get another domain at some real registrar (Spaceship or whatever) in the mean time.

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited March 17

On a slightly related note, CloudFlare registrar doesn't allow registrants to choose what name servers to point their domain name to -- which is, really, the only job a registrar must do.

• @JosephF said:
    On a slightly related note, CludFlare registrar doesn't allow registrants to choose what name servers to point their domain name to -- which is, really, the only job a registrar must do.

You can only use Cloudflare nameservers for domains that are registered with Cloudflare.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Unanswered ticket always make customer crazy.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited March 17

@Maelstrom36 said:

@JosephF said:
    On a slightly related note, CludFlare registrar doesn't allow registrants to choose what name servers to point their domain name to -- which is, really, the only job a registrar must do.

You can only use Cloudflare nameservers for domains that are registered with Cloudflare.

That was my point. But the very raison d'être of a registrar is to allow the registrant to choose which name servers he wants to use. That is the one and only technical obligation a registrar has to the registrant. The registrar has to provide that service; and that is the one and only service it has to provide. At their discretion, they can choose to offer no other technical services for the domain registration.

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • sassliksasslik Member

@Levi said:

No they dont, atleast not yet.

• matey0matey0 Member
    edited March 17

@JosephF said:
    On a slightly related note, CloudFlare registrar doesn't allow registrants to choose what name servers to point their domain name to -- which is, really, the only job a registrar must do.

Didn't know that, interesting. Although it doesn't surprise me, the sole purpose of their zero-profit domain registry is to bring customers to their main services.

• LeviLevi Member

“AI assisted” :D

• SpotifySpotify Member

:D

• ketchupketchup Member

@ycoffee said:

Some of the lowest of the low end communities have banned Virmach from their sites or removed the links to purchase services from them. An example is vncoupon. It's too bad they got you. Thanks greatly for sharing your message.

• techdragontechdragon Member
    edited March 18

It's bad practice to register your domains with hosting providers as billing issues or disputes will often result in blackmail like practices. Generally. You have more control over the domain through separation of providers.

Has the domain been registered? If not, it will be available for purchase from any other registrar. If it has been, you will need to dispute the domain. ICANN is simple, others vary. Alternatively, you may contact the registrar (check WHOIS) - they're a reseller.

Thanked by 1ketchup
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@techdragon said:
    Has the domain been registered? If not, it will be available for purchase from any other registrar. If it has been, you will need to dispute the domain. ICANN is simple, others vary. Alternatively, you may contact the registrar (check WHOIS) - they're a reseller.

How do you dispute a domain with ICANN? And how does that process work and how long does it take?

Thanked by 1techdragon