Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Honest Review of SilicomNetwork.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Honest Review of SilicomNetwork.com

puyinfpuyinf Member

I purchased a cpanel reseller hosting from Silicom Network. When going through the setup I found that Shell/Terminal access was disabled. This was one of the most used features amongst my users as they use Shell to clone their code repositories and sync their account.

When I asked Silicom Network, they said it is not an allowed feature and I should see their specs. I reached back with a copy of their specs and asked them to cancel my service (never asked for a refund since I only signed up for monthly basis). The next response I received was that they would report me to MaxMind.com which they did.
Quoting their response here:

read our TOS, no refund. We do not offer SSH. If you cancel and request refund we must add your fraud record to maxmind.com

Thank you,
Silicom Network
https://www.silicomnetwork.com

Seriously @silicomnet ? If you cannot provide good service, stop false reporting people.

Did anyone else face similar issue?

Comments

• Hello,

We do not offer SSH access in shared cpanel hosting, see specs in our website.
    Payment was refunded and the account canceled,

• puyinfpuyinf Member

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

Then why did you report me to MaxMind?
    Also, none of the specs on your reseller offering page mention anything about SSH/Shell. Neither does the shared ones.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@puyinf said: Also, none of the specs on your reseller offering page mention anything about SSH/Shel

work with providers who are willing to offer ssh/shell by default or on request like Racknerd, Hostbrr, Namecrane, to name a few.

• puyinfpuyinf Member

@JasonM said:

work with providers who are willing to offer ssh/shell by default or on request like Racknerd, Hostbrr, Namecrane, to name a few.

That was my next step. I went to @NameCrane to get a reseller plan and found out that I was flagged by SilicomNetwork on MaxMind. I have no issues with cancelling/refunds, but getting flagged as Fraud on MaxMind sticks for years.

• @puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

Also, none of the specs on your reseller offering page mention anything about SSH/Shell. Neither does the shared ones.

"none of the specs on your reseller offering page mention anything about SSH/Shell."

obviously, because we DO NOT OFFER SSH. And we do not report your account to maxmind. We only report fraud if you open a dispute in paypal.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • puyinfpuyinf Member

@silicomnet said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

"none of the specs on your reseller offering page mention anything about SSH/Shell."

obviously, because we DO NOT OFFER SSH. And we do not report your account to maxmind. We only report fraud if you open a dispute in paypal.

Then how come that after years of using different services my email gets alerted for fraud right after you threatened to report me?

P.S. I have opened a ticket with maxmind to dispute the detection.

• silicomnetsilicomnet Member
    edited March 16

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

Then how come that after years of using different services my email gets alerted for fraud right after you threatened to report me?

We do not report your account to maxmind. Contact your new provider @Francisco @NameCrane

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

fyi, VPN is not allowed on NC.

Your Billing addy must somewhat match your ip address location.

NC is strict with their orders, wait for Karen to process your order.

• Typical LET drama. User doesn't read description/expects service to also brew coffee and threatens chargeback, provider responds in kind and threatens user with fraudrecord. All around shitshow.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

with us, the user @puyinf registered with an IP from India but data from Canada (phone, address, etc). We did not report the account as fraud, but that is more than enough reason to do.

• puyinfpuyinf Member

@totally_not_banned said:
    Typical LET drama. User doesn't read description/expects service to also brew coffee and threatens chargeback, provider responds in kind and threatens user with fraudrecord. All around shitshow.

Never threatened a chargeback, nor did I ask for refund.

• puyinfpuyinf Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

Currently traveling out of Canada.

• silicomnetsilicomnet Member
    edited March 16

@puyinf said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:

@puyinf said:

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

Currently traveling out of Canada.

That's probably why they rejected your order. Contact @Francisco @NameCrane

I repeat, we do not report your account to maxmind.

Thanked by 1puyinf
  • UchihaUchiha Member

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

I had dealings with silicomnetwork a while ago. Creating PayPal disputes on the our one time fee for life special deal from LET

Just my personal advise is do not deal with them at all.

• @puyinf said:

@totally_not_banned said:
    Typical LET drama. User doesn't read description/expects service to also brew coffee and threatens chargeback, provider responds in kind and threatens user with fraudrecord. All around shitshow.

Never threatened a chargeback, nor did I ask for refund.

Fair enough.

• DooDoo Member

They seem to be reseller of some provider on LET.

• @Doo said:
    They seem to be reseller of some provider on LET.

Our site is on an external network.