Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone used layer7.net? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone used layer7.net?

124»

Comments

• SashkaProSashkaPro Member

I'm on 5950x node in DE and can say that nested virt works like a charm.

• elixirelixir Member
    edited May 30

Looks like I'm one of the few lucky ones with service down for over a month and ticket ignored for 3+ weeks

• lukast__lukast__ Member

@elixir said:
    Looks like I'm one of the few lucky ones with service down for over a month and ticket ignored for 3+ weeks

@layer7

• elixirelixir Member

@lukast__ said:

@elixir said:

@layer7

Yes

• This is really bizzare provider. Have had an issue where I was not able to reboot my VPS and it was not accepting any connection. Opened a ticket, after a few hours got a long read response, which stated something like everything is working fine. After a few messages back and forth, I was told that this is unmanaged VPS and I need to find somebody who knows more about servers :D Enjoyable experience. Otherwise, it is cheap...working ok but getting hiccups like this one from time to time.

Thanked by 1Mastodont
  • lukast__lukast__ Member

I'm happy so far, there were some problems, but it's a) a small provider b) usually solved pretty fast and c) very cheap and IMO absolutely worth it. Both of my VPS are up for over 2 weeks.

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@elixir said:

Hi,

without a reference who you are, i can not identify you and have a look at it.

In any case, if you have issues, you should follow up in the ticketsystem, and not tolerate that your server is down for weeks?!?

@JohnFilch123 said:
    This is really bizzare provider. Have had an issue where I was not able to reboot my VPS and it was not accepting any connection. Opened a ticket, after a few hours got a long read response, which stated something like everything is working fine. After a few messages back and forth, I was told that this is unmanaged VPS and I need to find somebody who knows more about servers :D Enjoyable experience. Otherwise, it is cheap...working ok but getting hiccups like this one from time to time.

Also here, i dont know what customer/case you refer to but generally speaking:

There are always customers who have limited knowledge of serveradministration and blame the provider for what ever not working.

We offer through the clientarea all tools an admin will ever need to debug and fix any kind of issue. If there is a problem, the serveradmin has to check whats wrong and if he/she thinks its a problem with our infrastructure, we will be happy and thankful for a hint, supported by technical information.

Unfortunately >95% of all support tickets are like " does not work, please fix " without any information. That does definitely not enable us to give any advice to the customer. When we check things, we see that the server is up just like the clientarea.
    So those >95% are issues based on missing knowledge / laziness of people at the very end.

If we see that someone at least tries to find the issue, we will give a helping hand and give advices what to check. That does not mean that we will debug it for the customer.

I am sorry, but i expect from a customer who rent server infrastructure to be able to manage it. If not, no problem, then take the chance and learn it. If you dont want to learn it or you are too lazy or what ever, also no problem, then simply dont rent infrastructure.

Rent a managed server / service where other people manage your server.

• PatriarchPatriarch Member

@layer7 said:
    So those >95% are issues based on missing knowledge / laziness of people at the very end.

That's so true

I am sorry, but i expect from a customer who rent server infrastructure to be able to manage it. If not, no problem, then take the chance and learn it. If you dont want to learn it or you are too lazy or what ever, also no problem, then simply dont rent infrastructure.

Rent a managed server / service where other people manage your server.

Couldn't agree more with it