Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest Review of visualwebtechnologies.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Honest Review of visualwebtechnologies.com

DanielNUDanielNU Member, Host Rep
edited March 12 in Reviews

I have been a client for nearly two years with 5 DirectAdmin reseller services.
I can only speak about the DirectAdmin hosting they offer.

My experience has been negative:

• Nameservers, Servers, DirectAdmin URLs randomly stop working or they change without notice
  • DirectAdmin licenses expire constantly
  • SSL on the DirectAdmin URLs expire and aren't renewed for days
  • Tickets sometimes aren't replied to ever (Sometimes I do get a reply though)
  • Constant server migrations, for the same servers 2-3-4 times/year (so the IP keeps changing)
  • After a server migration, my accounts aren't always restored, and if I don't notify them nothing happens

The biggest issue is the inconsistency. You never know when something breaks and if you don't notice it yourself, it's not fixed.

They don't monitor their own infrastructure at all. Nor do they keep servers/nameservers consistent.

Verdict: Avoid

As for the visualwebtechnologies team: Do better, please. And I will update this review with time.

Comments

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

Where are their servers physically hosted, never heard of them and they appear to have many DCs listed - CoreSite being one of them I can see from the building photo.

• DazzleDazzle Member

That's why you shouldn't buy from sellers who offer a lifetime package.

@HostMedia said:
    Where are their servers physically hosted.

Contabo for Singapore.

Thanked by 2HostMedia sasslik
  • this has been my exact experience with them too :(

• xvpsxvps Member

@DanielNU said:
    I have been a client for nearly two years with 5 DirectAdmin reseller services.
    I can only speak about the DirectAdmin hosting they offer.

My experience has been negative:

• Nameservers, Servers, DirectAdmin URLs randomly stop working or they change without notice
    • DirectAdmin licenses expire constantly
    • SSL on the DirectAdmin URLs expire and aren't renewed for days
    • Constant server migrations, for the same servers 2-3-4 times/year (so the IP keeps changing)

Are you sure they use legit licenses?

They do have a shady history when it comes to copyright.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180852/visualwebtechnologies-com-stealing-the-website-design-of-competitors

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178383/leb-interview-shenanigans-alternative-personalities-or-just-plagiarism

Thanked by 1Uchiha
  • VoidVoid Member

The amount of spamming they do in megathreads alone is enough to make people a decision

Thanked by 2kheng86 host4cheap
  • visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep
    edited March 12

Hi @raindog308

Greetings, sir.

I know you're concerned about my US service. I knew there was a network issue week till yesterday, so I contact with DC. He said there was a network problem with the west location, so he was changed the region location and assured me that the issue has been resolved, but we will move to a new DC next week to ensure that there are no more issues with the US location.

Nameservers issue fixed already

Every time I respond to you, the problem has arisen, and we are keeping an eye on the server. If it goes down, our staff checks on it right away, but we promise to do our best in the future to ensure that the same problem doesn't arise.

Thanks

• DanielNUDanielNU Member, Host Rep
    edited March 12

@Dazzle said:

That in itself isn't an issue. myw.pt also offers lifetime packages and their service is just amazing.

@xvps said:

I don't really know, but I give them the benefit of the doubt.

@jugganuts said:
    this has been my exact experience with them too :(

:neutral:

@visualwebtechnologies said:
    Hi @raindog308

Greetings, sir.

I know you're concerned about my US service. I knew there was a network issue week till yesterday, so I contact with DC. He said there was a network problem with the west location, so he was changed the region location and assured me that the issue has been resolved, but we will move to a new DC next week to ensure that there are no more issues with the US location.

Every time I respond to you, the problem has arisen, and we are keeping an eye on the server. If it goes down, our staff checks on it right away, but we promise to do our best in the future to ensure that the same problem doesn't arise.

Thanks

The issue is that you are clearly not doing any proactive monitoring or keeping track of your own server/nameservers/IPs/etc. You just don't use any back-end tools for proper monitoring. At least that's what the evidence suggests. Also no redundancies, and poor communication.

The issues I outlined are a pattern of behavior rather than a single issue. This and other issues have happened over and over again. I didn't open this thread due to this recent issue with the US server. So you saying this has been resolved, doesn't really negate this thread.

This is a warning to you, that more people will complain if you don't get better.

• I should start a hosting business perhaps

• xvpsxvps Member

It's funny that it's only @raindog308's issues he addresses and then ignores everything else.

@xvps said:
    It's funny that it's only @raindog308's issues he addresses and then ignores everything else.

Hello

It's not our IP Sir

And if you need concern about support please share me ticket dm me so we can check
    Thanks

edited March 12

@DanielNU said:

@Dazzle said:

That in itself isn't an issue. myw.pt also offers lifetime packages and their service is just amazing.

@xvps said:

I don't really know, but I give them the benefit of the doubt.

@jugganuts said:
    this has been my exact experience with them too :(

:neutral:

Hi @raindog308

Greetings, sir.

Thanks

The issue is that you are clearly not doing any proactive monitoring or keeping track of your own server/nameservers/IPs/etc. You just don't use any back-end tools for proper monitoring. At least that's what the evidence suggests. Also no redundancies, and poor communication.

The issues I outlined are a pattern of behavior rather than a single issue. This and other issues have happened over and over again. I didn't open this thread due to this recent issue with the US server. So you saying this has been resolved, doesn't really negate this thread.

This is a warning to you, that more people will complain if you don't get better.

Hello..

Sure sir

We will try best one

If still issue DM me will sort issue asap

Thanks

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@xvps said: It's funny that it's only @raindog308's issues he addresses and then ignores everything else.

I have no idea why that was addressed to me. I'm not a customer.

I tried them briefly during a black friday offer a couple years ago out of curiosity but not enough to really have an opinion.

Thanked by 2sasslik xvps
  • BarisBaris Member

My experience with them is pretty similar. I tried them because of the cheap price but left without renewing or using the service. If you look for a stable service I recommend to go with another host.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • DazzleDazzle Member

but we will move to a new DC next week to ensure that there are no more issues with the US location.

Explain why you move Contabo to Contabo? Same DC same location?

@DanielNU said:

@Dazzle said:

Not yet.