Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 1U Colocation in NYC Metro / Los Angeles
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 1U Colocation in NYC Metro / Los Angeles

StrafeStrafe Member
edited March 9 in Requests

Hi again LET!

I recently shipped a server to LevelOneServers in Dallas after hearing great things about them and talking with Ian. He was very nice to speak with and answered a lot of my questions quickly.

I'm starting to phase out my rented dedicated servers in NYC Metro and Los Angeles so I'm looking for colocation offers in only these two locations for now. This is a hard requirement and other locations won't suffice sadly. I've done a lot of Googling but I'm eager to see if there are some good deals from providers here.

Here's what I'm looking for:
1U Colocation
2-3 Amps @ 120V
/29 Subnet (w/ the option to purchase additional IPs)
1 Gbps - 10 TB Bandwidth
Good DDoS Protection (currently have Path.Net and Cosmic Guard on my dedicated servers)

Thanks!

Comments

• ehhthingehhthing Member

Might want to mention 2-3Amps on what. Depending on the provider they might be at 110/120V or 208V.

• StrafeStrafe Member

@ehhthing said:
    Might want to mention 2-3Amps on what. Depending on the provider they might be at 110/120V or 208V.

Just edited it, thanks for the suggestion!

• conceptconcept Member

@PureVoltage may be able to help you with this.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

We can do this for $99.99/mo. We are in 7 Teleport and use Hivelocity's network (with DDoS prot) and are spinning up NYIIX early Q2 (and can get path over that). We have availability to expand aswell :smile:

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@concept said:

Thanks, we can offer colocation in New York and have a solid network out there. However, we do not advertise any ddos protection so if you are a constant target you would be better off elsewhere at the moment. We have some filters in place and other in house protection that is being worked on but don't advertise having anything at this time.

• StrafeStrafe Member

@aqua said:
    We can do this for $99.99/mo. We are in 7 Teleport and use Hivelocity's network (with DDoS prot) and are spinning up NYIIX early Q2 (and can get path over that). We have availability to expand aswell :smile:

Thank you, I will keep this in mind!

• StrafeStrafe Member

@PureVoltage said:

@concept said:

Thanks, we can offer colocation in New York and have a solid network out there. However, we do not advertise any ddos protection so if you are a constant target you would be better off elsewhere at the moment. We have some filters in place and other in house protection that is being worked on but don't advertise having anything at this time.

I haven't received any attacks on the servers I already have. It's just more of a precaution since I host many game servers and they're more prone to them...

Thanked by 1PureVoltage
  • RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

@Strafe said:
    Hi again LET!

I recently shipped a server to LevelOneServers in Dallas after hearing great things about them and talking with Ian. He was very nice to speak with and answered a lot of my questions quickly.

I'm starting to phase out my rented dedicated servers in NYC Metro and Los Angeles so I'm looking for colocation offers in only these two locations for now. This is a hard requirement and other locations won't suffice sadly. I've done a lot of Googling but I'm eager to see if there are some good deals from providers here.

1U Colocation
    2-3 Amps @ 120V
    1 Gbps - 10 TB Bandwidth
    Good DDoS Protection (currently have Path.Net and Cosmic Guard on my dedicated servers)

Thanks!

Would Equinix NY2 or Evocative EWR1 work for you or is this not the desired location you are looking for?

Let me now! :)

• StrafeStrafe Member

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:
    Hi again LET!

1U Colocation
    2-3 Amps @ 120V
    1 Gbps - 10 TB Bandwidth

Thanks!

Would Equinix NY2 or Evocative EWR1 work for you or is this not the desired location you are looking for?

Yes, this is perfect for me.

edited March 9

@Strafe said:

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:
    Hi again LET!

1U Colocation
    2-3 Amps @ 120V
    1 Gbps - 10 TB Bandwidth

Thanks!

Awesome! hereby our offer, I am using the Evocative location in our offer as it would be a cheaper offer than the Equinix location.

1U Colocation
    A + B Power
    1.5Amp @ 206V
    2x 1Gbps Port (1x Uplink, 1x IPMI) @ 10TB outgoing, unmetered incoming
    2x IPv4 Address (1x uplink, 1x IPMI)
    2.5Tbps DDoS protection
    Free rack and stack
    Evocative EWR1

For €80/month

You can read more about our DDoS Protection here, and about our network here.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to let us know! :)

• StrafeStrafe Member

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:
    Hi again LET!

1U Colocation
    2-3 Amps @ 120V
    1 Gbps - 10 TB Bandwidth

Thanks!

Awesome! hereby our offer, I am using the Evocative location in our offer as it would be a cheaper offer than the Equinix location.

1U Colocation
    A + B Power
    1.5Amp @ 206V
    2.5Tbps DDoS protection
    Free rack and stack
    Evocative EWR1

For €80/month

Thanks, this looks really good! I'll be in touch when I have more questions.

@Strafe said:

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:
    Hi again LET!

1U Colocation
    2-3 Amps @ 120V
    1 Gbps - 10 TB Bandwidth

Thanks!

1U Colocation
    A + B Power
    1.5Amp @ 206V
    2.5Tbps DDoS protection
    Free rack and stack
    Evocative EWR1

For €80/month

Alright! keep us posted and feel free to reach out through LET or livechat if you have any questions :)

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@Strafe said:

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:
    Hi again LET!

1U Colocation
    2-3 Amps @ 120V
    1 Gbps - 10 TB Bandwidth

Thanks!

1U Colocation
    A + B Power
    1.5Amp @ 206V
    2.5Tbps DDoS protection
    Free rack and stack
    Evocative EWR1

For €80/month

Pretty sure Evocative EWR1 is the DC that had the electrical fire and wasn't able to restore power for a couple days due to the fire marshalls saying it wasn't safe.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/187393/fire-in-electrical-room-of-dedicated-com-in-new-york

Thanked by 1PureVoltage

@aqua said:

@Strafe said:

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:

@RoyaleHosting said:

@Strafe said:
    Hi again LET!

1U Colocation
    2-3 Amps @ 120V
    1 Gbps - 10 TB Bandwidth

Thanks!

1U Colocation
    A + B Power
    1.5Amp @ 206V
    2.5Tbps DDoS protection
    Free rack and stack
    Evocative EWR1

For €80/month

Pretty sure Evocative EWR1 is the DC that had the electrical fire and wasn't able to restore power for a couple days due to the fire marshalls saying it wasn't safe.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/187393/fire-in-electrical-room-of-dedicated-com-in-new-york

Have had a long conversation about this with Evocative and their upper management, this was entirely caused by the fire marshall being unreasonable and it would have been the same with for example Equinix, however if the OP would like to get the offer for our Equinix NY2 location that is also no problem :)

Would like to mention that Evocative has been nothing but solid for us in the past couple of years outside of the incident you mentioned above

• wiggywiggy Member, Host Rep

If your looking at west coast in general I can help you in Phoenix AZ for colocation. $60/m for a 1u same spec. DDoS Protection is from Path.net

https://plasmarack.com/colocation

• StrafeStrafe Member

@wiggy said:
    If your looking at west coast in general I can help you in Phoenix AZ for colocation. $60/m for a 1u same spec. DDoS Protection is from Path.net

https://plasmarack.com/colocation

Thanks, this is a good offer but I have to stick with LA sadly.

Thanked by 1wiggy
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

COLO-1U
    $99.00/mo

Power 2A /120V
    Bandwidth 10TB @1Gbps
    /28 (13 Usable IPv4s Included)
    Uptime SLA 99.99%
    Free Racking
    2.5Tbps DDoS protection
    Los Angeles

• StrafeStrafe Member

@georgedatacenter said:
    COLO-1U
    $99.00/mo

Power 2A /120V
    Bandwidth 10TB @1Gbps
    Uptime SLA 99.99%
    Free Racking
    2.5Tbps DDoS protection
    Los Angeles

This looks quite good! Do you have an ASN I can look up? Who is your DDoS protection provider or is it in-house?

• @Strafe said:

@georgedatacenter said:
    COLO-1U
    $99.00/mo

Power 2A /120V
    Bandwidth 10TB @1Gbps
    Uptime SLA 99.99%
    Free Racking
    2.5Tbps DDoS protection
    Los Angeles

This looks quite good! Do you have an ASN I can look up? Who is your DDoS protection provider or is it in-house?

Looks like layerhost? https://bgp.tools/prefix/104.223.240.0/24

I don't see any ddos protection though, looks like it's just gtt + pccw

Thanked by 1Strafe
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 12

@Strafe we are in Equinix NY7 if you are interested?

https://bgp.tools/prefix/170.205.53.0/24

• StrafeStrafe Member

@BharatB said:
    @Strafe we are in Equinix NY7 if you are interested?

https://bgp.tools/prefix/170.205.53.0/24

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind!

• StrafeStrafe Member

Decided to go with Royale for NYC in the future. Stan is really nice to talk to!

Still looking for offers in Los Angeles.

• conceptconcept Member
    edited April 18

@Strafe said:
    Decided to go with Royale for NYC in the future. Stan is really nice to talk to!

RoyaleHosting is great!

Dedicated.com has LA colocation.

Maybe @SmartHost @QuickPacket can help you out here too.

• StrafeStrafe Member

@concept said:

@Strafe said:

RoyaleHosting is great!

Dedicated.com has LA colocation.

Maybe @SmartHost @QuickPacket can help you out here too.

Thanks for the suggestions! The hardest part is finding a provider with good DDoS protection capacity in the area. If anyone else has other recommendations, please let me know as I'd love to expand in LA very soon.

• conceptconcept Member

@Strafe said:
    Thanks for the suggestions! The hardest part is finding a provider with good DDoS protection capacity in the area. If anyone else has other recommendations, please let me know as I'd love to expand in LA very soon.

Hmm the providers that come to mind that have ddos protection in LA is Psychz, Datapacket.. there really aren’t much. For ex. ReliableSite is popular around here and they use their own DDoS protection. I guess this means @RoyaleHosting needs to quickly expand to LA and provide another option.

@concept said:

@Strafe said:

Hmm the providers that come to mind that have ddos protection in LA is Psychz, Datapacket.. there really aren’t much. For ex. ReliableSite is popular around here and they use their own DDoS protection. I guess this means @RoyaleHosting needs to quickly expand to LA and provide another option.

We will be launching LA as quickly as possible, currently finishing up upgrades in NYC and AMS, once that's all completed the next goal would be to have LA operational! :)

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

Not in LA but about ~10 ms away in Salt Lake City.

We can do the following on a 1U:

1U Server
    1U rack space

1 Gbps Unlimited
    1 IPV4 Address
    1 IPV6 Address
    2 Amp 120V AC Power
    DDoS protection included

$40/Monthly

https://fiberstate.com/colocation/

Let us know if we can help. Thanks! :)

• StrafeStrafe Member

@RoyaleHosting said:

@concept said:

@Strafe said:

We will be launching LA as quickly as possible, currently finishing up upgrades in NYC and AMS, once that's all completed the next goal would be to have LA operational! :)

Looking forward to it!

• StrafeStrafe Member

@fiberstate said:
    Not in LA but about ~10 ms away in Salt Lake City.

We can do the following on a 1U:

1U Server
    1U rack space

1 Gbps Unlimited
    1 IPV4 Address
    1 IPV6 Address
    2 Amp 120V AC Power
    DDoS protection included

$40/Monthly

https://fiberstate.com/colocation/

Let us know if we can help. Thanks! :)

I've looked into FiberState before. Really attractive pricing but unfortunately, LA is a hard requirement.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

Interserver can do NYC and LA locations. $99 per month. Path.net dos protection.