Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH: Closure of Bare Metal servers in Roubaix 1 and price increase - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH: Closure of Bare Metal servers in Roubaix 1 and price increase

2»

Comments

• Guess no other providers can do 10.99 EUR i3-2130 that kimsufi offers :(

• Theyre upgrading RBX-1 which is full of lowest end kimsufi servers. Should come no surprise that they'll intend to free areas for new hardware since RBX can hardly be expanded anymore but its popularity keeps going up.

Im glad they gave us so much time at least.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Ruriko said:
    Guess no other providers can do 10.99 EUR i3-2130 that kimsufi offers :(

KS-LE is GRA and was 14.99€ if you where lucky you got it with 32gig.
    I would wait maybe we see another flush sale.

• stealthystealthy Member

Sorry but, you guys have literally been spending peanuts on dedicated servers from OVH and didn't expect them to eventually get rid of them? Imagine spending 20 dollars per month on a dedicated server, let alone 9!

Thanked by 1WhizzWr
  • RurikoRuriko Member

I think it's more the location being targeted instead of getting rid of the cheap dedis since I don't see BHS datacenter being effected cause KS3C & KS4C had two locations that could be ordered in BHS or RBX

• @stealthy said:
    Sorry but, you guys have literally been spending peanuts on dedicated servers from OVH and didn't expect them to eventually get rid of them? Imagine spending 20 dollars per month on a dedicated server, let alone 9!

Those dedicated servers are also running hardware from 10+ years ago.

Granted, the point raised earlier about the monthly price being less than the power cost to keep them running is valid.

• StradaleStradale Member

I suppose even with the electricity subsidies you're essentially loosing money renting out these cheap dedis

• GlixGlix Member

Talk about tone deaf, imagine ragging on low end customers on low end talk...