Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russian dedicated server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Russian dedicated server?

SwizzVPNSwizzVPN Member
edited February 25 in General

Hi

Any Russian dedi offer?

• <30$/month
  • 10+TB traffic
  • pref. GBit/s port
  • low spec is ok

Thanks

Comments

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Monthly traffic or storage?

• @BasToTheMax traffic, i edited

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

For such a price, I guess you might find only a very low-end server. The minimal configuration that we can offer, for example, is about 6,900 rubles, which is equal to about $69. Perhaps a VPS could be suitable?

https://www.robovps.biz/en/vps_in_russia/

• SwizzVPNSwizzVPN Member
    edited February 25

@rustelekom I'd be fine with a VPS, but every Russian VPS I tried as of now had either extremely slow CPU performance or really slow bandwidth (under 100 mbit/s). I'm currently using one from Edis Global which is not that bad but still not happy with it. Your site mentions "upto 200 Mbit/sec" for VPS, what does that mean in real world?
    Don't you have some old server around (could be Intel Celeron) to rent for cheaper?

edited February 25

@SwizzVPN said:
    @rustelekom I'd be fine with a VPS, but every Russian VPS I tried as of now had either extremely slow CPU performance or really slow bandwidth (under 100 mbit/s). I'm currently using one from Edis Global which is not that bad but still not happy with it. Your site mentions "upto 200 Mbit/sec" for VPS, what does that mean in real world?
    Don't you have some old server around (could be Intel Celeron) to rent for cheaper?

We use the same CPU's in Russia as we do in Germany, or even slightly better. We provide unlimited traffic and a limited port of 100 Mbits on cheap plans, and 250 Mbits for top plans. As far as I know, we don't have any problems with network speed. You could check for yourself at https://www.robovps.biz/en/faq/55-our_data_center.html.

PS: A server costing under $100 is simply not profitable for the host, because the colocation costs are quite high.

PPS. But I found a place for you where you can check the prices yourself. https://top-server-arenda.ru/deshyovye The page is in Russian, but I guess the automatic translation works good now. The cost of the dollar is about 100 rubles, the euro is slightly higher.

• @SwizzVPN said:
    I'd be fine with a VPS, but every Russian VPS I tried as of now had either extremely slow CPU performance or really slow bandwidth (under 100 mbit/s). I'm currently using one from Edis Global which is not that bad but still not happy with it.

Have you actually tried Aeza? or 4VPS.su?

No, we are hosters, we do not usually use services of our colleagues:)

• SwizzVPNSwizzVPN Member
    edited February 25

@zGato I once tried 4VPS.su, but they don't accept my Swiss credit card and no other suitable payment methods (no PayPal). Otherwise they would be great, they have a dedicated server for under 2000 rubels. Aeza I didn't hear of, I just tried to register, but I don't receive the email confirmation... And all Russian VPS seem to be sold out.

• GhtGht Member

HostKey , or Profitserver but your budget its to low.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited February 25

https://selectel.ru/en/services/dedicated/?price=,2600

E.g. the Celeron 2Core 2Ghz one claims to have 1gbs w/ unlimited traffic but I haven't looked for any FUP.

Also cannot say anything about payment options or experience, never had a system with them.

• @OhJohn Thanks! Core i3 with unmetered Gbit/s for 2300 rub, that's awesome!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited February 25

@SwizzVPN said:

I understand your point and have had similar experiences, but ...
    I don't use them anymore because they got too expensive for what (little) I need, but VDSina offers quality. I measured network performance far superior to what the cheap russian providers offer and their hardware is quite good too, but, of course there is a 'but', in fact even 2: a) they are of course more expensive, and b) you can't pay with credit card, PayPal, etc from Europe; it seems there is only the crypto currency option.

But there are 1.5 positive 'buts' too. a) they now also have a western (european) location; all common payment methods can be used - but I don't know whether that "western arm" also accepts payments for russian services. And b) they have "lifetime" deals, i.e. you pay once only (a halfway attractive price) and get a VPS "forever" (technically. Practically though I doubt that one wants to use todays VPS in say, 10 years).

Well, whatever. They offer good connectivity (among the best I've seen in Russia) and good products (incl. e.g. Ryzen iirc). For your budget you should be able to get a quite beefy VPS easily more performant than cheap ass Celeron dedis and 10 TB traffic also shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. don't know whether they allow VPNs though.

@rustelekom

I've tested quite a few russian providers but about your products I still know basically nothing. A free VPS for 2 weeks (for testing obviously) would change that ... * wink wink nudge nudge (with a friendly smile)

• @jsg said: also accepts payments for russian services

As far as I can tell, vdsina.com only lists the Netherlands as a location and in their panel they also only list the Netherlands for all types of servers.

@siemens said:

@jsg said: also accepts payments for russian services

As far as I can tell, vdsina.com only lists the Netherlands as a location and in their panel they also only list the Netherlands for all types of servers.

Well, that is the western arm of VDSina I mentioned. The site for their (btw. main) operations in Russia is vdsina.ru iirc.

• @SwizzVPN said:
    @zGato I once tried 4VPS.su, but they don't accept my Swiss credit card and no other suitable payment methods (no PayPal). Otherwise they would be great, they have a dedicated server for under 2000 rubels. Aeza I didn't hear of, I just tried to register, but I don't receive the email confirmation... And all Russian VPS seem to be sold out.

Yeah, 4VPS charges with some website using KZT (IIRC) and neither of my both CCs from 2 different banks accept it so... i just use crypto lmao

Aéza's been without Russia VPSs for a while, most likely due to the bans and difficulties on getting hardware there :(

• After trying selectel.ru mentioned by @OhJohn it also wasn't possible to pay with my CC.

Then I tried VDSina.ru, I didn't understand a word since cp seems to be only in russian, but I managed to order a VPS using my CC which is up and running now, thanks @jsg ! 2 core, 2gb ram, 64TB traffic, and a quick speedtest.net gave me 930 mbit/s down/up, perfect! and that all for about 1000 rub.

• Yeah paying with CC is tough because what is going on so the best way to pay is through crypto.

Just for reference.

Perhaps people do not know, and therefore, I would like to explain that most Russian companies cannot accept VISA / MasterCard cards issued in non-Russian banks. Because both systems have left their customers (individuals and legal entities) without any support. They stopped all activities in Russia since 2022.

Therefore, Russian organizations use an alternative method of accepting cards issued by these American payment systems, but they do not always function.

Cards issued by Russian banks function without any issues, but these are not associated with VISA / MasterCard, even if they bear the logos of these systems. PayPal is not functioning for the same reasons.

Therefore, cryptocurrencies are primarily utilized for payments.

Thanked by 2siemens jsg
  • @rustelekom said: Perhaps people do not know, and therefore

Many Russian providers accept foreign Mastercard and Visa through payment systems in CIS countries.

Some even accept payments via Stripe. Paying in a non-local way is not such a big problem now. The only thing is that for payment by this method there is a minimum fixed amount.

• @rustelekom said:
    Just for reference.

Because both systems have left their customers (individuals and legal entities) without any support.

Haha what a funny way to explain the cause. Let me fix it for you. Because Russians started war in Ukraine as aggressor and got sanctioned by US government.

Thanked by 1shruub

@TheGreatOakley said:

@rustelekom said:
    Just for reference.

Because both systems have left their customers (individuals and legal entities) without any support.

Haha what a funny way to explain the cause. Let me fix it for you. Because Russians started war in Ukraine as aggressor and got sanctioned by US government.

Sir, you are free to post your point of view in related thread https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177624/the-russia-vs-ukraine-thread-lets-not-derail-other-threads#latest
    Perhaps, you are listen what say America but believe me about 2/3 of the humanity don't.

edited February 28

@TheGreatOakley said:

@rustelekom said:
    Just for reference.

You forgot to mention 2 factors, one of which actually is important:

• "[blabla] ... and got sanctioned by US government and their vassals". Corrected that for you.
    • those who sanctioned, the west, suffered far more from their sanctions than Russia.

@rustelekom said:

Perhaps, you are listen what say America but believe me about 2/3 of the humanity don't.

(a) I think your number (2/3) is too low, and (b) I myself actually do listen to them (well, occasionally). It's a very funny show with quite weird puppets saying quite weird things. Very funny. I sometimes wonder whether the Monty Python guys wrote the script. My conclusion so far: no, they didn't because, if they did, one would find some intelligence in it.

• @jenkki said:

@rustelekom said: Perhaps people do not know, and therefore

Many Russian providers accept foreign Mastercard and Visa through payment systems in CIS countries.

Some even accept payments via Stripe. Paying in a non-local way is not such a big problem now. The only thing is that for payment by this method there is a minimum fixed amount.

The ones I know charge in KZT (Kazakhstan's currency) but none of my cards with 2 different banks accept it :(

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited February 28

@zGato said: but none of my cards with 2 different banks accept it

Which country of banks you tried? Do you have 3D Secure or Mastercard Secure Code support?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited February 29

@jenkki said:

@zGato said: but none of my cards with 2 different banks accept it

Which country of banks you tried? Do you have 3D Secure or Mastercard Secure Code support?

UK and Spain, I have 3D secure from Mastercard and Visa (tried both)
    The error is from the website itself (card not supported or something like that) so the bank is not at fault.

• @zGato said: he error is from the website itself (card not supported or something like that) so the bank is not at fault.

Which provider you tried to pay?

• @jenkki said:

@zGato said: he error is from the website itself (card not supported or something like that) so the bank is not at fault.

Which provider you tried to pay?

timeweb.cloud and 4vps.su

• @zGato said: timeweb.cloud

Not sure if they allow non Russian cards.

@zGato said: 4vps.su

They allow non Russian cards. If you got a trouble try to contact them via live chat on their site.

PS. We accept cards issued by non-Russian banks, but the process is not automated.

• xvpsxvps Member

@rustelekom said:
    PS. We accept cards issued by non-Russian banks, but the process is not automated.

How do you do that?