Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable TLD or shared free subdomain for personal email service - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable TLD or shared free subdomain for personal email service

2»

Comments

• @JosephF said:

Which gTLDs don't have problems with mail delivery, other than com/net/org?

gmail marks as spam emails coming from ubuntu.com :D

• 0xC70xC7 Member

SodaWithoutSparkles said: *.eu.org is fine but take ages to register. My request was over 1 week ago, people said that it might take 8 weeks.

I have this problem too ... already +6 weeks no reply ... :/

• @0xC7 said:

SodaWithoutSparkles said: *.eu.org is fine but take ages to register. My request was over 1 week ago, people said that it might take 8 weeks.

Are you trying to register a third level domain or a fourth level domain on eu.org? It's possible a fourth level domain request may get processed quicker, from what I heard.

• 0xC70xC7 Member

JosephF said: Are you trying to register a third level domain or a fourth level domain on eu.org? It's possible a fourth level domain request may get processed quicker, from what I heard.

umm, I think need to have 3rd level (example: me.eu.org ) ...

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@foxtwo said: I am looking for an affordable TLD

Please define affordable (as a number). The cheaper domains are the standard .net .com but might be harder to find a name you like.

Pay attention to the renewal price more than the initial price though..

There are 'good' free ones like eu.org, will be foxtwo.countrycode.eu.org with https://nic.eu.org/, the rest, you get what you pay for.. You will need to provide your own NS servers though, Cloudflare or HE's DNS as examples of good free services.

• I use $1 number.xyz and do not recommend it except for hobby use.
    I really don't get emails sometimes.

If you don't have to renew it every year.
    How about getting a .com every year with a $1 campaign?
    foxtwo2024.com then next year foxtwo2025 then foxtwo2026 for $1. (꒪ཀ꒪)

• edited February 17

@JosephF said:

@0xC7 said:

Are you trying to register a third level domain or a fourth level domain on eu.org? It's possible a fourth level domain request may get processed quicker, from what I heard.

I tried to make a 3rd level then realised that it might take too long after 1 week w/o reply. Decided to request another 4th level under INT. One more week later, still no reply.

*.nl might be fine, just ~$6/yr and ~$8/yr renew.

• @JosephF said:

@shruub said:

@Carlin0 said:
    *.top on spaceship just over $1 (first year, then about $4)

Same problem with mail delivery.

Which gTLDs don't have problems with mail delivery, other than com/net/org?

most ccTLDs as well as the more "established" gTLDs like .name or even .info. Mainly the cheap-to-get tlds have bad ratings, at least for the big providers.

• @Carlin0 said:

@shruub said:

@Carlin0 said:
    *.top on spaceship just over $1 (first year, then about $4)

Same problem with mail delivery.

That also depends a lot on IP

Yup, it does. However, even trying to send emails with Amazon SES and a .eu.org domain, they always go to spam (for gmail and outlook, as well as tutanota for some reason).