Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBrr | 7950XD Valentines Deal | One Becomes two, New datacenter! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBrr | 7950XD Valentines Deal | One Becomes two, New datacenter!

Comments

• @labze said:
    Yep, it is a great timing. I expect it to be resolved soon. Seems like a core switch is malfunctioning

any news? backend says vps is running bit not reachable via ssh.

• I think this new location was a wrong choice.

• hetzner is more reliable for Germany

• @tra10000 said:
    I think this new location was a wrong choice.

+1

the previous one was 👌 much smoother

• sh97sh97 Member

@lowendtalkxdax said:

@tra10000 said:

+1

Routing definitely isn't the best, this one's 190ms for me compared to Hetzner which is around 150ms.

• @sh97 said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:

@tra10000 said:

+1

Routing definitely isn't the best, this one's 190ms for me compared to Hetzner which is around 150ms.

But more better for Asia

• @sh97 said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:

@tra10000 said:

+1

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/192764/cogent-starts-de-peering-with-ntt-due-to-lack-of-asia-connectivity#latest

• vps still not available (anymore). it almost looks like i'll have to use hostbrr's ( @labze ) 7 day money back guarantee for the first time. too bad.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@hyperblast said:
    vps still not available (anymore). it almost looks like i'll have to use hostbrr's ( @labze ) 7 day money back guarantee for the first time. too bad.

It certainly is a bad start to this location. But I have high hopes for it. For those affected there will be a 2 week extension for the downtime. And of course a refund is possible if this has shaken your trust in the service.

• @labze said:

@hyperblast said:
    vps still not available (anymore). it almost looks like i'll have to use hostbrr's ( @labze ) 7 day money back guarantee for the first time. too bad.

It certainly is a bad start to this location. But I have high hopes for it. For those affected there will be a 2 week extension for the downtime. And of course a refund is possible if this has shaken your trust in the service.

2 week for everyone on the affected nodes or do we need to submit a ticket :P

• My VPS's setup is always failed.
    What happened?
    Build failed

edited February 15

Status update

So, this is quite incredible. This is the status update provided a while ago:

"The cause of the disruption was a large-scale network attack on our infrastructure. This attack triggered a disruption to our network infrastructure that initially did not clearly indicate an attack. The duration of the final disruption was therefore due to the fact that the attack did not clearly present itself as an attack and therefore triggered various other disruption messages in different network segments. The attack pattern used in this way is new, which is why our sensor systems did not provide any indication of an ongoing network attack."

As all services should be online, I wondered why aren't mine. Apparently after making calls to the technicians it seems like it was my servers which was the target. Someone pretty much decided to carbet-bomb all available IPs on my servers simultaneously to such a degree that their entire infrastructure crashed.

Where does this leave us? Well, well they are onboarding me for Path.net protection as I am writing this and while they cannot guarantee a timeframe to set this up, their hopes is within a few hours.

The fact that someone lacks so much content in their life that they spend resources and money targeting a small insignificant host for a month is beyond me. But step by step, this will just ensure that HostBrr improves, albeit with a bumpy road to success at the moment.

• So the DDoS protection is not that good I guess. :(

• DooDoo Member

@labze said: Someone pretty much decided to carbet-bomb all available IPs on my servers simultaneously to such a degree that their entire infrastructure crashed.

So the attacker should be one of your "customers" who purchased VPS from you to get the IP subnet and then attack. :o Shame on them.

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 15

Florin went nuts and KO-ed himself when this happened to him. Please don't go nuts Brro. But fix that long standing problem of mine too. My support ticket has been in quarantene since December. You'd just need to replace a = with a == to avoid a release upgrade if that's an issue to you. I think your recognition on the forum has also increased thru this time, hasn't it? Did it happen all by itself? Look I'm not gonna insist further after this, but it's a pity of an outcome.

@Doo said:

@labze said: Someone pretty much decided to carbet-bomb all available IPs on my servers simultaneously to such a degree that their entire infrastructure crashed.

So the attacker should be one of your "customers" who purchased VPS from you to get the IP subnet and then attack. :o Shame on them.

Perhaps.

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    So the DDoS protection is not that good I guess. :(

Well, implementing Path should be a major upgrade.

• edited February 15

@labze said:
    The fact that someone lacks so much content in their life that they spend resources and money targeting a small insignificant host for a month is beyond me. But step by step, this will just ensure that HostBrr improves, albeit with a bumpy road to success at the moment.

Maybe someone else is jealous of you x)
    Your average hobby solo Hacker isn’t capable of something like this, I think 🤔

@lowendtalkxdax said:

@labze said:

Maybe someone else is jealous of you x)
    Your average hobby solo Hacker isn’t capable of something like this, I think 🤔

Possibly. I'd say only a competitor has something to gain by this. It is clear that it is my servers that are being targeted and not individual clients.

Also status update. Servers are live again.

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited February 15

@labze even a curl -sL yabs.sh | bash kicks my vps out!
    something kicks in when you fire a yabs.

• @hyperblast said:

Same for me. Disconnects my SSH and also cant connect in a new SSH window when running yabs

@hyperblast said:

@T0XiiC said:

@hyperblast said:

Same for me. Disconnects my SSH and also cant connect in a new SSH window when running yabs

Interesting. I'll look into this, hold off YABS till tomorrow.

• @labze said:

@hyperblast said:

@T0XiiC said:

@hyperblast said:

inevitably. don't even get into the vps

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • @labze said:

@hyperblast said:

@T0XiiC said:

@hyperblast said:

My server seems to be dead now. cant connect at all anymore, even after full reboot on VPS panel. I will open a ticket

@hyperblast said:

@labze said:

@hyperblast said:

@T0XiiC said:

@hyperblast said:

inevitably. don't even get into the vps

You should be able to get into it again. If not, do a reboot, and hold off YABS. Not optimal, but should work. I've sent in a request to get this sorted.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited February 15

ok. no yabsing, sir!
    wireguard runs supreme and ip seems clear.

• You should be able to get into it again. If not, do a reboot, and hold off YABS. Not optimal, but should work. I've sent in a request to get this sorted.

Unfortunately doesnt work after reboot. Still dead :(

• mine works.

Thanked by 1lowendtalkxdax
  • COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
    edited February 15

Maybe doesn't work because of the new DDoS Protection?

@labze if I buy now an server with monthly payment, I can buy later quarterly?

@hyperblast said:
    mine works.

Yay!

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Maybe doesn't work because of the new DDoS Protection?

@labze if I buy now an server with monthly payment, I can buy later quarterly?

Yes, that is always possible.

• Got CapRover working on mine - thanks @labze :)