Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kuroit has quietly and secretly closed its frankfurt site - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kuroit has quietly and secretly closed its frankfurt site

2»

Comments

• kuroitkuroit Member, Patron Provider

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:
    Just scheduled the email as I didn't want to do it over the weekend! :(

Heres the copy I received:

Hello Puneet,

We're sending you this email to inform about closure of our Frankfurt, Germany location and emergency migration to make sure everyones data remains safe.

Due to recent issues with DDoS attacks on our upstream and regular hiccups with network, we have decided to take pro-active approach of migrating everything to our Netherlands or United Kingdom location in order to make sure your data is safe and you're provided with best performance. With the current issues and not enough time to research and decide on another upstream/DC in Germany, thats why to avoid any issues in future, we have decided to migrate all VPS from Frankfurt, Germany to our Netherlands and United Kingdom facility.

What is expected to happen in this migration?
    1. Frankfurt, Germany will be permanently closed
    2. There is no expected downtime in this migration. However your VPS IP and location will change
    3. We will start the emergency migration in next few hours

As for compensation:
    1. Monthly/Quarterly billing cycle - We're happy to move you to any of our location and give you 2 months credit as compensation.
    2. Semi-Annually/Annually billing cycle - Again happy to move you to any of our location + 2 months credit as compensation + spec upgrades.

If you're looking for refund, we're happy to give you pro-rata refund as well.

Please reach out to us by ticket or live chat.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, however we believe this decision is required to maintain the high quality of service we expect to offer and provide to our clients.

Join our discord for regular updates on this migration and limited flash sales as well as regular offers with upto 25% off on our services: https://discord.gg/aAXwgfw43E

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

i haven't received this email yet. i got the info by chance after i started discord again after ages.

Sending Progress: 1250 / 4172 (30%)

On your way soon! :)

soon is over. still no e-mail. ;)

2300 / 4172 (55%) :)

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:
    Just scheduled the email as I didn't want to do it over the weekend! :(

Heres the copy I received:

Hello Puneet,

We're sending you this email to inform about closure of our Frankfurt, Germany location and emergency migration to make sure everyones data remains safe.

Due to recent issues with DDoS attacks on our upstream and regular hiccups with network, we have decided to take pro-active approach of migrating everything to our Netherlands or United Kingdom location in order to make sure your data is safe and you're provided with best performance. With the current issues and not enough time to research and decide on another upstream/DC in Germany, thats why to avoid any issues in future, we have decided to migrate all VPS from Frankfurt, Germany to our Netherlands and United Kingdom facility.

1. Frankfurt, Germany will be permanently closed
    2. There is no expected downtime in this migration. However your VPS IP and location will change
    3. We will start the emergency migration in next few hours

As for compensation:
    1. Monthly/Quarterly billing cycle - We're happy to move you to any of our location and give you 2 months credit as compensation.
    2. Semi-Annually/Annually billing cycle - Again happy to move you to any of our location + 2 months credit as compensation + spec upgrades.

If you're looking for refund, we're happy to give you pro-rata refund as well.

Please reach out to us by ticket or live chat.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, however we believe this decision is required to maintain the high quality of service we expect to offer and provide to our clients.

Join our discord for regular updates on this migration and limited flash sales as well as regular offers with upto 25% off on our services: https://discord.gg/aAXwgfw43E

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

i haven't received this email yet. i got the info by chance after i started discord again after ages.

Sending Progress: 1250 / 4172 (30%)

On your way soon! :)

soon is over. still no e-mail. ;)

2300 / 4172 (55%) :)

it looks like you can only send 300 mails per hour? full professionals (from sweden)?!

will the refunds also take this long? i pray to god that this goes more smoothly.

You can get it now sir, DM me your VPS IP or Invoice ID.

@cold said:

@kuroit said:

@cold said:
    Zurich before... this is some trick on him, allure the customers with new locations and then move them to the old existring ones... i will cancel all my services with him.
    Zurich became Germany and now its gonna be Netherlands, this is almost as worst like @Abd

That is very interesting idea, but no. There were various reasons for this, but major one was our upstream+path.net telling us to literally ask every client in Germany, which ports they would like to use so they can close all other ports (Thats their idea of protection).

You can move to any location you want, not just NL.

We have received your migration request and will process it accordingly to your timing. :)

@Abd Sorry for dragging you into this! :'(

cheap or expesinve its still annoying and uncool ! i wonder what will become of Netherlands location, Uk most likely in 6 months or so

Nop, both of them aren't going anywhere.

And as it turns out, you dont have any VPS service in Germany with us. You're all good, no migration! :)

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 12

@kuroit said: Keep your clients VPS on unstable upstream whose being constantly DDoSed (more than a week now), planning to block all ports, with ping loss as much as 70%.
    Move them to your stable location where you have more control over everything.
    Which one would you choose?

Because you totally missed the point of that message, I will miss yours too and then just ask:
    So you are saying you decided to not send e-mails to constantly DDoSed (more than a week now) clients "because it's weekend" and just wait like 72 hours for them to receive an e-mail with information about a possible migration to different (working) locations?

Welp, back to first quote then:

That is fucking amazing customer care.

• Average LET provider move lol

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@cold said:
    Zurich before... this is some trick on him, allure the customers with new locations and then move them to the old existring ones... i will cancel all my services with him.
    Zurich became Germany and now its gonna be Netherlands, this is almost as worst like @Abd

A bunch of providers rushed new locations, apparently the recession is a thing and they didn't sell as much as they expected I guess.

Thanked by 1cold
  • Not just Zurich and Germany. They are doing this pretty often.

We're sending you this email to inform about emergency migration in UK tomorrow (Thursday).

Due to multiple reasons (such as not so good inside news on DC, regular hiccups and hike in power pricing), we're migrating away from East Midlands to West Midlands, and removing some old power hungry nodes from London, replacing them with new nodes on new rack.

1. East Midlands will be permanently closed and merged to West Midlands
    2. Expected downtime of 3 to 4 hours as servers will be physically moved to West Midlands DC (Affected IP subnets: 152.89.171.0/24 and 45.67.85.0/24)
    3. No downtime in London but IPs will change for some VPS (Affected IP subnet: 188.240.61.0/24)

We will go ahead with this migration tomorrow (Thursday, 19th Oct) around 9AM in them morning (UK Time).

and

We're sending you this email to inform about emergency migration in Phoenix, AZ.

Due to recent issues with disks, we have decided to take aggressive and pro-active approach in order to make sure your data is safe and you're provided with best performance. While we're making use of the best techniques and applications available, there is not much room for flexibility in our setup with our upstream in Phoenix facility. Thats why to avoid any issues in future, we have decided to migrate all VPS from Phoenix, AZ to our Los Angeles, CA facility.

1. Phoenix, AZ will be permanently closed and merged to Los Angeles, CA
    2. There is no expected downtime in this migration. However your VPS IP will change
    3. We will start the migration in next couple of days

Thanked by 1kuroit

@JabJab said:

@kuroit said: Keep your clients VPS on unstable upstream whose being constantly DDoSed (more than a week now), planning to block all ports, with ping loss as much as 70%.
    Move them to your stable location where you have more control over everything.
    Which one would you choose?

Because you totally missed the point of that message, I will miss yours too and then just ask:
    So you are saying you decided to not send e-mails to constantly DDoSed (more than a week now) clients "because it's weekend" and just wait like 72 hours for them to receive an e-mail with information about a possible migration to different (working) locations?

Welp, back to first quote then:

That is fucking amazing customer care.

Oh I agree with you and understand your point as well, just tried to put my perspective in. We all make mistakes, and I'm no different. My point of view was not to send clients into panic mode over the weekend.

How about:
    Lets leave the Germany setup live till end of March (or couple or 4 weeks etc?), and migrate all by the end or as per when client requests?

Does that work for you?

In all honesty, all those pro-active clients or those who had anything remotely important, they're all migrated or refunded already over the weekend or even before since this is going on/off for a week now. I believe path.net filters are being forced to deny all and we have manually open ports for all VPS. So all those VPS yet to be migrated are pretty much inaccessible right now.

@sasslik said:
    Average LET provider move lol

Thank you for your feedback!

^ Should I reply this as average LET provider lol?

• coldcold Member

@kuroit said:

@cold said:

@kuroit said:

@cold said:

That is very interesting idea, but no. There were various reasons for this, but major one was our upstream+path.net telling us to literally ask every client in Germany, which ports they would like to use so they can close all other ports (Thats their idea of protection).

We have received your migration request and will process it accordingly to your timing. :)

cheap or expesinve its still annoying and uncool ! i wonder what will become of Netherlands location, Uk most likely in 6 months or so

And as it turns out, you dont have any VPS service in Germany with us. You're all good, no migration! :)

I need to check when I'm at home, but if I recall right when you closed Zurich I asked for Germany

• ehabehab Member
    edited February 12

where is @emgh

must be sex again.

Thanked by 2kuroit emgh

@Neoon said:

@cold said:

A bunch of providers rushed new locations, apparently the recession is a thing and they didn't sell as much as they expected I guess.

@kuroit said: Sure, we tried multiple locations when we're new, made mistakes and earned experience!

^ :) Couldn't agree more!

And if only it was as simple as recession. If we can plan and order three new racks, we can definitively keep one location live (even though low but still 40% in profit).

• coldcold Member

@cold said:

@kuroit said:

@cold said:

@kuroit said:

@cold said:

I need to check when I'm at home, but if I recall right when you closed Zurich I asked for Germany

sorry my fault ! i wanted the .DE location but it didn't had ipv6, so I took .NL sorry again !