Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kuroit has quietly and secretly closed its frankfurt site
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kuroit has quietly and secretly closed its frankfurt site

hyperblasthyperblast Member
edited February 12 in News
Puneet Kalra @ Kuroit — 09.02.2024 14:47
everyone Closure of Frankfurt, Germany location!

Sadly we have decided to close down our Frankfurt, Germany location because of multiple
factors, such as regular hiccups (more than hiccups in last couple of weeks) and very low 
response. We have decided to close the location instead of moving to another 
incompetent/inflexible upstream on such short notice.

As for compensation:
Monthly/Quarterly billing cycle - We're happy to move you to any of our location and give 
you 2 months credit as compensation.
Semi-Annually/Annually billing cycle - Again happy to move you to any of our location + 2 
months credit as compensation + spec upgrades.

If you're looking for refund, we're happy to give you pro-rata refund as well. 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

An email will be sent shortly to inform all the clients.

Comments

• kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

Just scheduled the email as I didn't want to do it over the weekend! :(

Heres the copy I received:

Hello Puneet,

We're sending you this email to inform about closure of our Frankfurt, Germany location and emergency migration to make sure everyones data remains safe.

Due to recent issues with DDoS attacks on our upstream and regular hiccups with network, we have decided to take pro-active approach of migrating everything to our Netherlands or United Kingdom location in order to make sure your data is safe and you're provided with best performance. With the current issues and not enough time to research and decide on another upstream/DC in Germany, thats why to avoid any issues in future, we have decided to migrate all VPS from Frankfurt, Germany to our Netherlands and United Kingdom facility.

What is expected to happen in this migration?
    1. Frankfurt, Germany will be permanently closed
    2. There is no expected downtime in this migration. However your VPS IP and location will change
    3. We will start the emergency migration in next few hours

As for compensation:
    1. Monthly/Quarterly billing cycle - We're happy to move you to any of our location and give you 2 months credit as compensation.
    2. Semi-Annually/Annually billing cycle - Again happy to move you to any of our location + 2 months credit as compensation + spec upgrades.

Please reach out to us by ticket or live chat.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, however we believe this decision is required to maintain the high quality of service we expect to offer and provide to our clients.

Join our discord for regular updates on this migration and limited flash sales as well as regular offers with upto 25% off on our services: https://discord.gg/aAXwgfw43E

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

• quietly

free months and spec upgrades, ridiculous!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@kuroit said:
    There is no expected downtime in this migration. However your VPS IP and location will change

IP change almost always means downtime, unless the customer was informed well in advance and prepared for a cutover.

Thanked by 1RapToN

@yoursunny said:

@kuroit said:
    There is no expected downtime in this migration. However your VPS IP and location will change

IP change almost always means downtime, unless the customer was informed well in advance and prepared for a cutover.

Of course we understand that, and we have been working together with our clients over the weekend and have migrated a good number of VPS already, on their scheduled time and new IP address provided in advance.

An email with new IP address will be sent as well (by VirtFusion) when we migrate the VPS.

• coldcold Member
    edited February 12

Zurich before... this is some trick on him, allure the customers with new locations and then move them to the old existring ones... i will cancel all my services with him.
    Zurich became Germany and now its gonna be Netherlands, this is almost as worst like @Abd

• ehabehab Member

@kuroit are you tricking cold? ^

• VoidVoid Member

Got Kuroited

Thanked by 3ehab kuroit sasslik
  • @kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

We're sending you this email to inform about closure of our Frankfurt, Germany location and emergency migration to make sure everyones data remains safe.

Due to recent issues with DDoS attacks on our upstream and regular hiccups with network, we have decided to take pro-active approach of migrating everything to our Netherlands or United Kingdom location in order to make sure your data is safe and you're provided with best performance. With the current issues and not enough time to research and decide on another upstream/DC in Germany, thats why to avoid any issues in future, we have decided to migrate all VPS from Frankfurt, Germany to our Netherlands and United Kingdom facility.

2. There is no expected downtime in this migration. However your VPS IP and location will change

As for compensation:
    1. Monthly/Quarterly billing cycle - We're happy to move you to any of our location and give you 2 months credit as compensation.
    2. Semi-Annually/Annually billing cycle - Again happy to move you to any of our location + 2 months credit as compensation + spec upgrades.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, however we believe this decision is required to maintain the high quality of service we expect to offer and provide to our clients.

Join our discord for regular updates on this migration and limited flash sales as well as regular offers with upto 25% off on our services: https://discord.gg/aAXwgfw43E

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

i haven't received this email yet. i got the info by chance after i started discord again after ages.

• @Void said:
    Got Kuroited

lesson learned ;)

• @cold said:
    Zurich before... this is some trick on him, allure the customers with new locations and then move them to the old existring ones... i will cancel all my services with him.
    Zurich became Germany and now its gonna be Netherlands, this is almost as worst like @Abd

Zurich lasted how long before this?

Thanked by 1kuroit

@cold said:

That is very interesting idea, but no. There were various reasons for this, but major one was our upstream+path.net telling us to literally ask every client in Germany, which ports they would like to use so they can close all other ports (Thats their idea of protection).

You can move to any location you want, not just NL.

We have received your migration request and will process it accordingly to your timing. :)

@Abd Sorry for dragging you into this! :'(

@ehab said:

I dont think so, looking at his services, he literally has everything on half price annual payment + some buffs on top.

We still love him and so does he, its just he doesn't like to show it ;)

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

As for compensation:

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

i haven't received this email yet. i got the info by chance after i started discord again after ages.

Sending Progress: 1250 / 4172 (30%)

On your way soon! :)

• ehabehab Member

@kuroit said:

@ehab said:

I dont think so, looking at his services, he literally has everything on half price annual payment + some buffs on top.

We still love him and so does he, its just he doesn't like to show it ;)

i also love "cold".

• coldcold Member

@kuroit said:

@cold said:

That is very interesting idea, but no. There were various reasons for this, but major one was our upstream+path.net telling us to literally ask every client in Germany, which ports they would like to use so they can close all other ports (Thats their idea of protection).

You can move to any location you want, not just NL.

We have received your migration request and will process it accordingly to your timing. :)

@Abd Sorry for dragging you into this! :'(

cheap or expesinve its still annoying and uncool ! i wonder what will become of Netherlands location, Uk most likely in 6 months or so

Thanked by 1sasslik

@Maelstrom36 said:

@cold said:

A year i guess. We closed it last July (2023), crazy RH costs there.

I would say we're actually consolidating our services rather than randomly closing location or luring clients in. Sure, we tried multiple locations when we're new, made mistakes and earned experience!

We have recently ordered + awaiting provision for:
    1 full rack in London
    1 full rack in Los Angeles
    Half rack in Japan
    Half rack in Singapore

Recently provisioned:
    2 full racks in UK
    1 half rack in Dallas

So I guess we're doing something right.

• @kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

As for compensation:

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

4172 vps in Frankfurt oha!

• @hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

As for compensation:

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

That must be all their clients in every location.

• @kuroit said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@cold said:

A year i guess. We closed it last July (2023), crazy RH costs there.

I would say we're actually consolidating our services rather than randomly closing location or luring clients in. Sure, we tried multiple locations when we're new, made mistakes and earned experience!

We have recently ordered + awaiting provision for:
    1 full rack in London
    Half rack in Japan
    Half rack in Singapore

Recently provisioned:
    2 full racks in UK
    1 half rack in Dallas

So I guess we're doing something right.

Why not at least a half rack with another provider to cut costs?

• bdlbdl Member

DC has Ninja hands

• @ascicode said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

As for compensation:

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

That must be all their clients in every location.

also exciting. but it makes more sense to only write to those who are affected. so i'm still assuming 4172 customers in frankfurt!

• @kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

As for compensation:

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

soon is over. still no e-mail. ;)

• @cold said:
    ... this is almost as worst like @Abd

I'm one who was migrated by @Abd, and I can say I received far better service. It was a very good decision.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • a refund is fair so no issue

• ehabehab Member
    edited February 12

a free vps for me is also welcome but i got emotionally cold towards kurotia

Thanked by 2hyperblast kuroit
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 12

@kuroit said: Just scheduled the email as I didn't want to do it over the weekend!

(...)
    (...)

I have just one question: Are you for real? You decided to not schedule email over weekend just for people to have shorter window to do something? That is fucking amazing customer care.

@cold said: Zurich before... this is some trick on him

Eh, I don't think there are any tricks here - just closing not profitable locations that didn't pan out in long run, however this could be handled little better than 'emergency location'.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • so far it can be stated that the handling of this process is rather unprofessional...

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

As for compensation:

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

2300 / 4172 (55%) :)

• @kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

As for compensation:

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

@hyperblast said:

@kuroit said:

Hello Puneet,

As for compensation:

Regards,
    Kuroit Team

it looks like you can only send 300 mails per hour? full professionals (from sweden)?!

will the refunds also take this long? i pray to god that this goes more smoothly.

@JabJab said:

@kuroit said: Just scheduled the email as I didn't want to do it over the weekend!

(...)
    (...)

I have just one question: Are you for real? You decided to not schedule email over weekend just for people to have shorter window to do something? That is fucking amazing customer care.

@cold said: Zurich before... this is some trick on him

Eh, I don't think there are any tricks here - just closing not profitable locations that didn't pan out in long run, however this could be handled little better than 'emergency location'.

1. Keep your clients VPS on unstable upstream whose being constantly DDoSed (more than a week now), planning to block all ports, with ping loss as much as 70%.
    2. Move them to your stable location where you have more control over everything.

Which one would you choose?

Re your 2nd assumption, even after refunds and moving many VPS, current ROI: 39.431025443166 :)

We're on quarterly billing and have prepaid till end on March, but would you rather be on unstable network, with that much ping loss and constantly being DDoSed, or make sure atleast your data is safe?

Please pick one from two bad options.

Already got my hands full with new racks in UK, US, and Japan right now. Should I randomly pick another upstream in Germany, IPs will change anyway and there is no surety it will be better than current one, and dig myself deeper in this?