Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has freenom eventually died? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has freenom eventually died?

13»

Comments

• 0xC70xC7 Member

I have used .tk domain around 2012-2014's ... registered with my.dot.tk, however I couldn't renewed /rejected on 2016 my.freenom.com ... maybe because (very) low traffic :(

• @JosephF said:
    Has Freenom historically cancelled/deactivated free domain registrations if you didn't actively login to your Freenom account once every x amount of months or so? I'm referring to even before they started having their recent problems in the last year or so.

No they didn't do that, at least for me. I didn't log into the account for a very long time, but I checked today and it was there. But I bought free .Tk and paid .Net. All of them were canceled over time and I no longer had any domains with them.

• @JosephF said:

@shruub said:

@JosephF said:
    Has Freenom historically cancelled/deactivated free domain registrations if you didn't actively login to your Freenom account once every x amount of months or so? I'm referring to even before they started having their recent problems in the last year or so.

They said they would do it and it is/was in their TOS as well, but I have personally never experienced it.

Because I had a Freenom account with two free domains about four years ago (that I almost never logged into or used) but I see that my account with them no longer exists (for at least the last year.)

How often have you logged in (or used your domains)?

Hmm. Logged in, not that often, unless in the rare event I registered a new domain or changed the mail servers. I had got 2/3 pretty active domains, but other than that, most were for temp projects or projects I never finished.