Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What billing panel are you using in 2024?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What billing panel are you using in 2024?

Curious to see which billing panel / CMS is the most widely used by LET providers.

Poll attached.

Billing panels
  1. Which billing panel do you use?105 votes
    1. WHCMS
      46.67%
    2. Blesta
      21.90%
    3. HostBill
      14.29%
    4. Clientexec
      17.14%

Comments

• jordijordi Member, Patron Provider

We use whmcs and we are very happy.

Hostbill is a good option

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

We use whmcs and my only issue is to make it not look like whmcs means a whmcs custom module which keeps me up at night unless we just build the theme for our own use without the module piece. Lots of great options for look and feel out there though

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • emghemgh Member

I think I might build my own. For now, a Make.com invoicing scenario with their scheduling and a free invoicing API

Or I might use Blesta or WHMCS. Idk

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • Clientexec (only billing module)

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • @emgh said:
    I think I might build my own. For now, a Make.com invoicing scenario with their scheduling and a free invoicing API

you sell hosting/vps?

• emghemgh Member
    edited February 4

@neverain said:

@emgh said:

you sell hosting/vps?

Yeah, but very focused towards a certain segment where I have earned clients trust through programming/other work. Not really LowEnd pricing etc. I have had a thought in the back of my head that I want to go more public, and I have planned a lot for eventually doing that. I’ve offered this through a limited liability company, etc.

But even then, It’ll probably, at least as a first, be advertised in Sweden mainly or only, as the biggest cloud providers here have prices that’s about maybe 5-10x the pricing that’s offered here.

My end goal is probably serving public companies etc through bidding in procurements, but I have a long way to go, and I’m unsure if that’ll ever end up being the case, and how I’ll get to there.

• dyrendyren Member

I used Paymenter (https://paymenter.org/). If you don't want to pay for licenses, this will be your best choice.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 4

If starting fresh, is there anything you lose by starting with HostBill instead of with WHMCS?

Is HostBill the best alternative to WHMCS?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@JosephF said:
    If starting fresh, is there anything you lose by starting with HostBill instead of with WHMCS?

Hostbill by far the best billing system (at least for us)

If you are starting, have budget then go for it instead of whmcs

Thanked by 2JosephF Andreix
  • BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

I'm using Paymenter

• yusrayusra Member

Hostbill: appearance, numerous functions and well-documented API

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • LeviLevi Member

@JosephF said:

If starting fresh and you are in EU - hostbill is the only one system compatible with EU billing regulations. Whmcs must be heavy moded for that and even than it is crap.

Few drawbacks on hostbill:

• Arogant and expensive support;
    • Zero backward compat testing when dumping updates. If you are behind update schedule for a few months - expect something to brake upon upgrade;
    • They have a ton of modules, plugins. Only the most popular ones are up to date. Others are outdated and even not working at all;
    • Price point is steep. Everything in hostbill is paid. Even new future request which benefits them in the future must be paid by you;
    • Development of custom modules is premium feature paid by $999 one-time fee;
    • Crappy documentation in compare to whmcs.
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 4

@ViridWeb said:

@JosephF said:

@yusra said:

What do do like about HostBill that makes it better than WHMCS? (Other than cost.)

And how does HostBill compare cost-wide to WHMCS, after taking all cost factors into account?

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 4

• yusrayusra Member

@Levi said: Crappy documentation in compare to whmcs.

How so?! Can you provide and example? because I've heavily used its API and it's been clear and straightforward.

• LeviLevi Member

@yusra said:

@Levi said: Crappy documentation in compare to whmcs.

How so?! Can you provide and example? because I've heavily used its API and it's been clear and straightforward.

Are you really asking to compare whmcs docs to hostbill? Just look at whmcs.com

• xvpsxvps Member

@dyren said:
    I used Paymenter (https://paymenter.org/). If you don't want to pay for licenses, this will be your best choice.

I don't hope you have strict privacy laws where you run your business because that billing panel is developed and maintained by a 17-year-old one-man one-boy band.

• dyrendyren Member
    edited February 4

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

I don't hope you have strict privacy laws where you run your business because that billing panel is developed and maintained by a 17-year-old one-man one-boy band.

So you're saying that all the other alternatives are fully privacy friendly?
    Sorry if I don't want to pay a fuckton amount of money for something a free one can do perfectly fine. Paymenter was used for almost a year and I had no issues.

• yusrayusra Member

@Levi said: Are you really asking to compare whmcs docs to hostbill? Just look at whmcs.com

I've seen and worked with whmcs docs too; but I'm wondering why you called Hostbill docs "Crappy"

• LeviLevi Member

@yusra said:

@Levi said: Are you really asking to compare whmcs docs to hostbill? Just look at whmcs.com

I've seen and worked with whmcs docs too; but I'm wondering why you called Hostbill docs "Crappy"

In compare to whmcs. Whmcs is industry standard, the point blank.

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited February 4

@dyren said:

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

Nope, I am saying that you put your customer's private information in the hands of a kid.

There is nobody other than you to blame if your panel gets hacked and your customer's data gets leaked because you can't hold a kid legally or financially liable no matter how badly he fucks up.

• @JosephF said:

@ViridWeb said:

@JosephF said:

@yusra said:

What do do like about HostBill that makes it better than WHMCS?

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

How do you know this?

• xvpsxvps Member

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

@ViridWeb said:

@JosephF said:

@yusra said:

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

How do you know this?

He wrote his age on Git Hub. https://github.com/CorwinDev

• @xvps said:

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

@ViridWeb said:

@JosephF said:

@yusra said:

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

How do you know this?

He mentioned that he's the only one working on this project?

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited February 4

@JosephF said:

@xvps said:

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

@ViridWeb said:

@JosephF said:

@yusra said:

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

How do you know this?

He mentioned that he's the only one working on this project?

If you click on the Team link in the footer of paymenter.org you get to the following GitHub page: https://github.com/orgs/Paymenter/people

• After facing so much issues... finally developing our own billing software... But for now using Clientexec & WHMCS.

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • As a freelancer in Germany, I use https://www.papierkram.de/, which has everything I need. Since I don't sell VPS/Hosting and only offer Webdesign services I don't need to many things. Papierkram has all legal requirements needed for book-keeping, offers easy hourly tracking of gigs/jobs/projects and allows me to create & send invoices.

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • @xvps said:

@dyren said:

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

Nope, I am saying that you put your customer's private information in the hands of a kid.

There is nobody other than you to blame if your panel gets hacked and your customer's data gets leaked because you can't hold a kid legally or financially liable no matter how badly he fucks up.

First, age doesn't matter when it comes to quality. We all started somewhere, and people are still too entitled because of their age.

Although I don't approve of the other developer the kid worked with (Techno1Monkey famous skid & pedo), the kid "Corwin" himself is fine. He is still learning, but for his age, he shows he can do enough. Let's also not forget that it's open-source software, not paid ones that you would expect much more from. It doesn't matter if he was 18+ or not, you can't hold anyone responsible for it. He's not wearing jack shit. The panel itself functions well and is good for what it needs to do given his age. This is basically the same as calling Pterodactyl shit because it is made by minors (yes, Pterodactyl is also made by minors).

People who use Paymenter usually have non-serious businesses because Paymenter is still in development.

And exactly what billing system have you created that contributes to the community? Exactly, zero.

Okami

• SillyGooseSillyGoose Member
    edited February 5

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

@xvps said:

@dyren said:

Ok, so you don't know how open source works? You can literally check the whole source code yourself. There's no need to mention "kid" again and again. He's not hosting anything.

Edit: about hacking, isn't lagom theme recently was under some vulnerabilities too? So it seems you're creating stereotype.

If I get hacked on a professional billing software it's okay but on opensource it's not acceptable?

Whatever you're saying is pure garbage and just shit talking.

• Using Ubersmith and HostBill. Both are OK.

Thanked by 1techdragon