Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grab you data before it is too late: VIRTONO - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Grab you data before it is too late: VIRTONO

Comments

• alfatarsosalfatarsos Member
    edited February 4

Index is showing for everyone but no access is allowed, all files gave a 404 error... wow.

And anooother provider with the same server as their websites... apparently quite standard, there.

• @JosephF said:

@Levi said:

And backup verification is something not doable for mere mortal.

So better pray for provider restoration.

You can do backup verification before there's any problems

Perhaps even - You SHOULD do backup verification before there's any problems. Plenty of cases of write only backups that included data files but excluded crucial things like encryption keys.

• LeviLevi Member

Should, could, must. Keywords generating work. People are lazzy.

• emghemgh Member

@JosephF said:

@Levi said:

@raindog308 said:

Nah. Backups to over-rated. You might backup corrupted data for 1 year and upon restoration go mad, just insane. And backup verification is something not doable for mere mortal.

So better pray for provider restoration.

You can do backup verification before there's any problems by simply reinstalling your backup on a test vps to make sure it can successfully restore.

• xvpsxvps Member

@Levi said:

@raindog308 said:
    This is what virtono.com looks like:

FYI, I'm not trying to do a @FlorinMarian here. I did look to see if the configuration.php was readable, and it's not - it returns a 404. In fact, everything on that page returns a 404 - jpgs, .txt files, .php, etc.

Ooo, you are florin marianing here... On a thin ice my friend!

raindog404

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • xvpsxvps Member

Why is Virtono flashing an outdated firmware upgrade file for HP ILO2 on their website?

Thanked by 1loay
  • @raindog308 said:

FYI, I'm not trying to do a @FlorinMarian here. I did look to see if the configuration.php was readable, and it's not - it returns a 404. In fact, everything on that page returns a 404 - jpgs, .txt files, .php, etc.

Please cease your illegal hacking behavior at once.

• edited February 4

@xvps said:
    Why is Virtono flashing an outdated firmware upgrade file for HP ILO2 on their website?

I have some vague memory of certain ILO versions being hackable (as in unlocking configuration commands) in relation to fan control but i have zero clue if that's the case here. Just a wild guess.

• I'm also seeing the directory of their main site when go into the site, not good..

• titustitus Member
    edited February 5

looks like their website was suspended:
    https://urlscan.io/result/03093e5d-b56a-4369-938c-b6baf7565dfd/
    (Shared hosting (Cpanel) account, on a Hetzner server) 0_o

• 2 days without websites

• LeviLevi Member

@Tano2210 said:
    2 days without websites

Deadpool. If not for company, for reputation for sure.

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited February 5

Does anyone know how to contact Virtono because they have made things worse now their homepage is partially up?

• Seems they have now Association of Perfumers and Restaurateurs. There will soon be a bath and laundry factory and the main offshore department of the UN :wink:

Thanked by 2Calin loay
  • _MS__MS_ Member

Looks like they don't have a backup.

Time to activate Disaster Recovery Plan.

Thanked by 1loay
  • loayloay Member

@Levi said:

@Tano2210 said:
    2 days without websites

My guess is that they lost customers data, the backup files are old and from a personal backup archive.

• LeviLevi Member

@loay said:

@Levi said:

@Tano2210 said:
    2 days without websites

My guess is that they lost customers data, the backup files are old and from a personal backup archive.

Time to chargeback while it is possible.

Thanked by 1loay
  • kvz12kvz12 Member

Website is back up

• @kvz12 said:
    Website is back up

Still down for me

• It was giving me cpanel error 2 minutes ago

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited February 5

@raindog308 said:

Keep in mind that, while the website is now fixed, yes, all the files that were listed before do exist and are now accessible. .php files are being executed, though, so no leakage there.

I'm not checking any further myself. But you all do want to cleanup your website's directory. @virtono

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited February 5

@JeDaYoshi said:

@raindog308 said:

Keep in mind that, while the website is now fixed, yes, all the files that were listed before do exist and are now accessible. .php files are being executed, though, so no leakage there.

I'm not checking any further myself. But you all do want to cleanup your website's directory. @virtono

Hi @FlorinMarian, use your real profile. /s

• shocking the host that has consistent raid failures and lack of communication isn't half assing other configs. who would of guessed?

• virtonovirtono Member, Patron Provider

We had a very serious hardware failure on the server where our website was hosted and we restored the website from backups on a new server.

Now everything's alright.

NO DATA HAS BEEN LEAKED.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • drama avoided.

• LeviLevi Member

"serious hardware failure" does not mitigate multiple points of insane incompetence. Anyone hosting their data there is equaly insane...

• I'm surprised providers don't have maintenance pages that they can quickly turn on in the event of issues like this.

• xvpsxvps Member

@virtono said:
    We had a very serious hardware failure on the server where our website was hosted and we restored the website from backups on a new server.

Now everything's alright.

NO DATA HAS BEEN LEAKED.

It's funny you write that when we can still download zip files with backups and other files from your website.

But it is nice if no customer data was leaked.