Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grab you data before it is too late: VIRTONO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Grab you data before it is too late: VIRTONO

nullednulled Member

Their website is currently down, after their data center stunt I personally wouldn't be surprised if they are LET #2 for 2024.

Comments

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited February 4

Popcorn? In fact, I'm rather concerned about another popular provider here, hope they will make it.

• zGatozGato Member

All of my servers with them are still running fine. Their server used to host the website is still online but ports 80/443 are closed, and some PHP warnings have been popping up in their main page for a while, maybe they're just fixing it?

• Yap cannot access their site too

• What happened to virtono? Virtono in down, why?

• bdlbdl Member

@Tano2210 said:
    What happened to virtono? Virtono in down, why?

maybe they are moving it to Sydney

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@bdl said:

@Tano2210 said:
    What happened to virtono? Virtono in down, why?

maybe they are moving it to Sydney

Down under

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @noisycode said: popular provider here

Have you been living under a rock?

• VoidVoid Member

Virt Oh no !!

Thanked by 1host_c
  • Now it's redirecting to some Romanian restaurant site

• Oh yes, oh no, like it got hacked, not sure if they know about it? Any customers of Virtono here? Maybe should inform them quick.

• bootboot Member

What's good in Romanian cuisine?

• @Entexion said:
    Now it's redirecting to some Romanian restaurant site

any recommended?

• Their mail server is on the same host as the website. SMTP is not responding so not sure how a customer would be able to let them know as the panel and mail are down. Are @virtono here to comment?

• bdlbdl Member
    edited February 4

@Entexion said:
    Now it's redirecting to some Romanian restaurant site

tikets'n'perfumedsisters

• Disaster today with @virtono no message on social too

• Virtono's message on Fb. "Hi! We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our team spent the last hours trying to fix the problem. One of our servers, on which our website is hosted too, has some technical problems. We estimate that today all the sites hosted there will be back up and running. Thank you for understanding"

• LeviLevi Member

"some technical problems". Cable pulling.

• Ok, at least they aware and update

• loayloay Member

@Tano2210 said:
    Virtono's message on Fb. "Hi! We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our team spent the last hours trying to fix the problem. One of our servers, on which our website is hosted too, has some technical problems. We estimate that today all the sites hosted there will be back up and running. Thank you for understanding"

I can't find this on their page.

• @loay said:

@Tano2210 said:
    Virtono's message on Fb. "Hi! We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our team spent the last hours trying to fix the problem. One of our servers, on which our website is hosted too, has some technical problems. We estimate that today all the sites hosted there will be back up and running. Thank you for understanding"

I can't find this on their page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02P4v1HbkBuAaf1cAg96tfw2muop6RTYLTdHpr7pZYpktVWNGRtEWNr6pZzm9o5hLul&id=100070059858096

Thanked by 1loay
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Tano2210 said:

Looks like they have a lot running on that same server, including their mail.

If they had actually separated their core services (which they should), website, mail etc., putting them on different nodes, or networks, they could've still maintain communications and provide updates to their customers, instead of using social media.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited February 4

This is what virtono.com looks like:

FYI, I'm not trying to do a @FlorinMarian here. I did look to see if the configuration.php was readable, and it's not - it returns a 404. In fact, everything on that page returns a 404 - jpgs, .txt files, .php, etc.

• LeviLevi Member

@raindog308 said:
    This is what virtono.com looks like:

FYI, I'm not trying to do a @FlorinMarian here. I did look to see if the configuration.php was readable, and it's not - it returns a 404. In fact, everything on that page returns a 404 - jpgs, .txt files, .php, etc.

Ooo, you are florin marianing here... On a thin ice my friend!

• kaitkait Member

@raindog308 said: This is what virtono.com looks like:

They might have did a sudo rm -fr /* to remove all the French translation files.

• loayloay Member

__MACOSX

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Thanked by 4loay host_c skorous thane
  • LeviLevi Member

@raindog308 said:

Nah. Backups to over-rated. You might backup corrupted data for 1 year and upon restoration go mad, just insane. And backup verification is something not doable for mere mortal.

So better pray for provider restoration.

• @Levi said:

@raindog308 said:

Nah. Backups to over-rated. You might backup corrupted data for 1 year and upon restoration go mad, just insane. And backup verification is something not doable for mere mortal.

So better pray for provider restoration.

You can do backup verification before there's any problems by simply reinstalling your backup on a test vps to make sure it can successfully restore.