Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any alternatives to mailchannels - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any alternatives to mailchannels

2»

Comments

• @scooke said:

@JosephF said:

@scooke said:

@JosephF said:

@shor0814 said:
    I got in on one of the MXRoute.io deals back in Feb of 2019, just got notice that the LET 10000 plan is "retired" and they will automagically change me over to their Starter plan for the low price of $79.99/month. Who wouldn't jump at that offer, going from $46.33/year to $959.88/year. For the miniscule number of emails I send, just about anything is cheaper. Guess I will thank them for their offer and find something else. Even Amazon has them beat for the number of messages I use it for.

I don't see a website in mxroute.io. Where do they list their plans?

There is no .io. They must have meant .com. At first I doubted this, not having seen a 10000 plan before, but this shows plans up to 900, https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/cart/mxroute-large-storage/, with a price of $500, so I guess it was (like they typed) a special plan being replaced with an approx. priced current Large plan.

I'm trying to understand what kind of plan @shor0814 has that's $46.33/year currently, but going up to $959.88/year.

Apparently they bought a LET special which worked out to $46.33/year, expected it to last forever, but now it's being retired... mxroute has lots of specials which don't appear on their website, so you won't find this plan, even if you bought it. If they genuinely had a 10000GB plan, it's not surprising that the new current price is $959.88. Hope this helps.

I never once expected the offer to last forever, hell, I was surprised it lasted this long. What I was surprised at was the difference in pricing and the happy positive tone of the email that they had a great alternative at nearly 20x the price.

It was mxroute.io, which was acquired by Mailchannels.

And it isn't 10000GB, it is 10000 emails/month.

Like I said, I can find something else, just about anything else will handle my needs.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 14

Is the primary reason that a regular MXRoute account cannot be used in the same manner as what you might use MailChannels for, is the policy limit of 300 messages per hour?

• with mxroute (jar) you can send 216000 email/month.