Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any alternatives to mailchannels
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any alternatives to mailchannels

i need smtp relay for my cpanel servers, last time i'm stick with mailchannels but unfortunately their price has awesome jump from around $60 is there any alternatives ? easy setup for cpanel (such as plugin would be awesome)

Thank you

Comments

• What is their new price?

• @JosephF said:
    What is their new price?

https://www.mailchannels.com/pricing/ according to their website, start from $500 a month

• Try to find a MailChannels reseller for a better price.
    Also check https://www.mail.baby/

• LeviLevi Member

Mail baby use mailchannels. Excelent, fast delivery.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited January 30

@Levi said:

Is Mail Baby any different than Mailchannels?

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

We are using Mailbaby and mailchannels, we prefer mailbaby for the pricing for sure.

• @bethp said:
    We are using Mailbaby and mailchannels, we prefer mailbaby for the pricing for sure.

Why are you using both?

We use it already in place on our cPanel and we are moving over to Plesk, because we were already moving panels we looked for alternatives and mailbaby was recommended, I will not remove mailchannels from that server as it works and no need to break it but any servers from now on are going to be using solely mailbaby

• @bethp said:
    We use it already in place on our cPanel and we are moving over to Plesk, because we were already moving panels we looked for alternatives and mailbaby was recommended, I will not remove mailchannels from that server as it works and no need to break it but any servers from now on are going to be using solely mailbaby

Do you see any difference in performance or in features between the two?

• LeviLevi Member

@JosephF said: Is Mail Baby any different than Mailchannels?

Price. And maybe support if you require it. Aside of that - baby mail is solid.

@JosephF said:

@bethp said:

Do you see any difference in performance or in features between the two?

Honestly I have seen that Mailbaby does process the emails much faster at least from what we have seen now, from testing our emails that go via Mailchannels will take a few minutes to process, Mailbaby is pretty much less then 60 seconds to reach inbox so in regard to performance in that sense its better.

In regard to deliverability we are yet to see any difference yet they are doing exactly what they are meant to, we do not get much spam sent so I can not say to how good they are compared to each other to help stop any outbound spam.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@JosephF said:

@Levi said:

It's better because it's literally both.

Did someone say they used both? That would be redundant because mail.baby uses MC as a fallback.

Thanked by 1JosephF

@jar said:

@JosephF said:

@Levi said:

It's better because it's literally both.

Did someone say they used both? That would be redundant because mail.baby uses MC as a fallback.

Yes we use both but not on the same machine, we have had mailchannels for a long time but were recommended mail baby, we are making the switch to mail baby just not yet as we have paid up for the year so may as well use mailchannels until then on that 1 server.

If it aint broke don't fix it kinda mentality

• jack2pxjack2px Member
    edited January 30

I used mail.baby but the emails sent by mail.baby arrive in the "Promotions" tab in Gmail

• Can recommend them.

• @jack2px said:
    I used mail.baby but the emails sent by mail.baby arrive in the "Promotions" tab in Gmail

What did you switch to and how did the switch help?

• kdjmakdjma Member

i've not had issues with mail.baby but I also haven't used mailchannels.

• I got in on one of the MXRoute.io deals back in Feb of 2019, just got notice that the LET 10000 plan is "retired" and they will automagically change me over to their Starter plan for the low price of $79.99/month. Who wouldn't jump at that offer, going from $46.33/year to $959.88/year. For the miniscule number of emails I send, just about anything is cheaper. Guess I will thank them for their offer and find something else. Even Amazon has them beat for the number of messages I use it for.

• @shor0814 said:
    I got in on one of the MXRoute.io deals back in Feb of 2019, just got notice that the LET 10000 plan is "retired" and they will automagically change me over to their Starter plan for the low price of $79.99/month. Who wouldn't jump at that offer, going from $46.33/year to $959.88/year. For the miniscule number of emails I send, just about anything is cheaper. Guess I will thank them for their offer and find something else. Even Amazon has them beat for the number of messages I use it for.

I don't see a website in mxroute.io. Where do they list their plans?

• @JosephF said:

@shor0814 said:
    I got in on one of the MXRoute.io deals back in Feb of 2019, just got notice that the LET 10000 plan is "retired" and they will automagically change me over to their Starter plan for the low price of $79.99/month. Who wouldn't jump at that offer, going from $46.33/year to $959.88/year. For the miniscule number of emails I send, just about anything is cheaper. Guess I will thank them for their offer and find something else. Even Amazon has them beat for the number of messages I use it for.

There is no .io. They must have meant .com. At first I doubted this, not having seen a 10000 plan before, but this shows plans up to 900, https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/cart/mxroute-large-storage/, with a price of $500, so I guess it was (like they typed) a special plan being replaced with an approx. priced current Large plan.

• @scooke said:

@JosephF said:

@shor0814 said:

There is no .io. They must have meant .com. At first I doubted this, not having seen a 10000 plan before, but this shows plans up to 900, https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/cart/mxroute-large-storage/, with a price of $500, so I guess it was (like they typed) a special plan being replaced with an approx. priced current Large plan.

I'm trying to understand what kind of plan @shor0814 has that's $46.33/year currently, but going up to $959.88/year.

• @JosephF said:

@scooke said:

@JosephF said:

@shor0814 said:

I'm trying to understand what kind of plan @shor0814 has that's $46.33/year currently, but going up to $959.88/year.

Apparently they bought a LET special which worked out to $46.33/year, expected it to last forever, but now it's being retired... mxroute has lots of specials which don't appear on their website, so you won't find this plan, even if you bought it. If they genuinely had a 10000GB plan, it's not surprising that the new current price is $959.88. Hope this helps.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@kdjma said:

+1

Using it for our shared hosting plans - switched around 2 months ago as complaints of emails landing in junk/spam folders were becoming more frequent than I would have liked. Honestly, no complaints at all since switching.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited February 14

@shor0814 said:

starter plan? where is this available at mxroute and where is there a monthly payment method at mxroute. all i see is annual payment.

what was the mxroute let 10000 plan specifically? more details please.

I searched @jar postings in 2019 and found no 10.000GB deal!

• Topic is about Mailchannel, he posted here for a reason.

MXroute.io has been acquired by MailChannels

October 2018

@hyperblast @scooke @JosephF stop dragging poor jarland into this :D

Offer in first place
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/135148/mxroute-io-mailchannels-smtp-relay-offers

Thanked by 2hyperblast JosephF
  • @JabJab said:
    Topic is about Mailchannel, he posted here for a reason.

MXroute.io has been acquired by MailChannels

October 2018

@hyperblast @scooke @JosephF stop dragging poor jarland into this :D

Offer in first place
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/135148/mxroute-io-mailchannels-smtp-relay-offers

I was not aware of this. I wanted to change my postings above... but the time had expired. thanks for the clarification.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 14

@EthernetServers said:

@kdjma said:

+1

Using it for our shared hosting plans - switched around 2 months ago as complaints of emails landing in junk/spam folders were becoming more frequent than I would have liked. Honestly, no complaints at all since switching.

Who were you using before the change?

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@JosephF said:

@EthernetServers said:

@kdjma said:

+1

Who were you using before the change?

Local mail - straight from the same server that websites live on.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @JabJab I was simply trying to explain that had it been mxroute.com that they sometimes offer deals which don't appear on their website, nor remain visible after the deals have been offered, so @JosephF would not find it. So I am glad you found the post where it was mxroute.io who had that sale. Over and out.