Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special Deal Alert: Limited Availability Dedicated Servers! From OneProvider. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Special Deal Alert: Limited Availability Dedicated Servers! From OneProvider.

13»

Comments

• CrabCrab Member
    edited January 28

@Not_Oles said:
    @Crab Good news! I am cautiously optimistic that the update to 14.0 might have worked. Cloudflare won't me me post even the motd welcome message! Thanks so much for your help! <3

If it had failed, you'd most likely not be able to log in at all, so if you got in, mission accomplished! Well done!

Don't forget to do these steps after you have rebooted to 14 for the first time after the kernel upgrade:

pkg-static install -f pkg
    pkg bootstrap -f
    pkg update
    pkg upgrade -f
    freebsd-update install

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Any idea which provider oneprovider is reselling for these amd nodes?

AMD EPYC 7401P (2 vCores)
    RAM
    8 GB DDR4
    Bandwidth
    Unmetered @ 1 Gbps

It says high performance instances however, are those dedicated servers?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • CrabCrab Member
    edited February 1

They are vCore, so they are virtualized and not dedicated server for you. Could be VDS too, hard to tell.

Thanked by 1lsun38atft8hq
  • @Crab said:
    They are vCore, so they are virtualized and not dedicated server for you. Could be VDS too, hard to tell.

Ah, good catch, I missed the v! Thank you!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Not_Oles said:
    @Crab Good news! I am cautiously optimistic that the update to 14.0 might have worked. Cloudflare won't me me post even the motd welcome message! Thanks so much for your help! <3

More good news! Looks like the upgrade to 14.0 worked on both servers! I haven't posted additional details because of the Cloudfare WAF.

Does anyone want an account on one or both of these servers?

Does anybody want to take over one or both of these servers? (I don't know anything about OneProvider's transfer policies, so would have to check in the event that somebody is interested. Also haven't checked additional inventory. Maybe they are available direct from OneProvider or direct from Psychz.)