Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gen.xyz similar? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

gen.xyz similar?

2»

Comments

• @lewellyn said:

@JosephF said:

@lewellyn said:

@ototos said:
    I would have preferred to buy a domain than use that free stuff that suddenly doesn't work anymore.

I was interested in paying a little and associating a CDN, with many online DNS it is not possible to associate a CDN or in any case the domain name becomes too long, inconvenient in some circumstances.

At the moment no service offers a ten-year subscription with whois included?
    Porkburn, namecheap and others consider the numeric .xyz domain a premium domain, and must be renewed year after year.
    And I want to avoid this... I want to stay calm for the next few years...
    It could go up and I honestly don't feel like spending more than $1 a year.

I am kind of confused here. You're saying that the domains listed as $1/year on https://gen.xyz/premiums aren't actually $1/year? Such as this one which is available at this moment, but would be unlucky to some https://gen.xyz/register?domain=000141.xyz

Six to nine digit, all numeric, .xyz domains are $0.99 per year. Including renewals.

https://gen.xyz/number

Yeah. That's what I linked: the lowest-numbered 99c/year available at the moment of my post. But OP seems to be indicating that they can't actually get them at that price? Kind of confused by all of this, honestly. Well maybe not all of it, it's a good marketing ploy for .xyz to be able to get "i just need a domain, any domain" business.

I simply indicated that other domain registrars, such as porkbun, do not have the renewal of numerical domains at the same price as the registration.
    I was looking for something cheap like gen.xyz, but that offered the same price in the long term with whois protection.

• I have just registered .xyz domain 6 and 7 digit numeric with Namecheap and it costed 0.85 with same renew amount .
    You cant add years at domain registration process but you can add years 1 by 1 from their panel at 0.85$ per year . and it comes with free privacy protection .
    just made it total 8.5 usd for 10 years , i have already balance in Namecheap wallet so no transaction fee.

• @karanchoo said:
    I have just registered .xyz domain 6 and 7 digit numeric with Namecheap and it costed 0.85 with same renew amount .
    You cant add years at domain registration process but you can add years 1 by 1 from their panel at 0.85$ per year . and it comes with free privacy protection .
    just made it total 8.5 usd for 10 years , i have already balance in Namecheap wallet so no transaction fee.

Do I have to sign up and register the domain first?
    then immediately afterwards can I renew it for 10 years?

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited January 25

@karanchoo said:
    I have just registered .xyz domain 6 and 7 digit numeric with Namecheap and it costed 0.85 with same renew amount .

Spaceship is $0.67 per year, for 6-9 digit .xyz domains, for both new and renewals. I was able to buy new with one year, but immediately afterwards was able to renew it for 9 years at $0.67/year.

• @ototos said: Do I have to sign up and register the domain first?

then immediately afterwards can I renew it for 10 years?

yes , i just renewed it for 9 additional years straight after signup.

• work for me... thanks guys :-D

• out of curiosity, is the namecheap or cloudflare cdn better?

• @ototos said:
    out of curiosity, is the namecheap or cloudflare cdn better?

I would use CloudFlare.