Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Humans Only, Please! - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Humans Only, Please!

11718192123

Comments

  • emghemgh Member

    R

  • emghemgh Member

    G

  • emghemgh Member

    I

  • emghemgh Member

    R

  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

    Pointless ____

    Thanked by 4sillycat emgh sh97 tentor
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    _________ b___

  • MrEdMrEd Member

    _________ _u__

  • emghemgh Member

    Pointless bum

  • ahnlakahnlak Member

    @emgh said:
    Pointless bum

    Bums are never pointless.

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

    @ahnlak said:

    @emgh said:
    Pointless bum

    Bums are never pointless.

    There is always that one...

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

  • emghemgh Member

    @jbiloh relatable right

  • JasonMJasonM Member

    lol emgh!

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

    I've enjoyed all the bumping here. I need to make some time to finalize the tweaks to some of the rules and then implement them. Life has been busy lately.

  • emghemgh Member

    @jbiloh said:
    I've enjoyed all the bumping here. I need to make some time to finalize the tweaks to some of the rules and then implement them. Life has been busy lately.

  • davidedavide Member
    edited June 8

    Okay :)

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • MrEdMrEd Member

    February 4th

    @jbiloh said:
    We are getting closer to finalizing the current draft of the rule changes. Going to take a little more time, but not long. As they say, Soon (TM).

    Februay 13th

    @jbiloh said:
    We are close to finalizing the revised rules around giveaways and offers. Once finalized we will post an update in either the rules thread of in a new thread.

    April 18th

    @jbiloh said:

    @emgh said:
    @jbiloh have you had the time to look at the situation yet?

    I've finalized some changes but still need to adjust the rules and make it official.

    June 8th

    @jbiloh said:
    I've enjoyed all the bumping here. I need to make some time to finalize the tweaks to some of the rules and then implement them. Life has been busy lately.

    Finalization is a very very long process... :) At first it took 2 weeks to get to finalization state from 0, but then 4 months of hard work is not enough to finalize :D

    Thanked by 3yoursunny emgh sh97
  • LeviLevi Member

    Reminds me when politics promise something. They talk, but says nothing.

  • emghemgh Member

    People might think this is stalling for several reasons:

    1. Repeated Delays: The timeline shows multiple instances where progress is mentioned but no definitive completion is achieved. Each update suggests that finalization is imminent, yet the rules remain unimplemented months later.

    2. Lack of Specificity: The updates provided by @jbiloh are vague and do not offer concrete details on what remains to be done or specific deadlines. This vagueness can lead to a perception of procrastination.

    3. Frequent Excuses: Phrases like "Life has been busy lately" and "Going to take a little more time" suggest personal reasons for the delays, which might not seem legitimate to those expecting timely completion.

    4. Expectation vs. Reality: The repeated assurance of being "close to finalizing" creates an expectation of imminent completion, but the reality of the situation does not align with these assurances, causing frustration and skepticism.

    5. No Tangible Progress: Despite the frequent updates, there has been no tangible progress or visible changes, leading people to believe that the process is stagnating.

    These factors combined can contribute to the perception that the process is stalling.

    Thanked by 2ahnlak yoursunny
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

    Ever since this thread came up, there has been no new threads from a purple guy.

    was a super secret restriction placed on him while you figure out a loophole for him to post and boost traffic to earn more bucks out of the ad spaces of LET?

    just a conspiracy theory, JBiloh might be really busy with life here.

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited June 9

    @FatGrizzly said:
    Ever since this thread came up, there has been no new threads from a purple guy.

    was a super secret restriction placed on him while you figure out a loophole for him to post and boost traffic to earn more bucks out of the ad spaces of LET?

    just a conspiracy theory, JBiloh might be really busy with life here.

    Purple daddy is definitely taking it slow. I bet they’re just sitting, waiting for people to forget about this to start over again. He’s probably raking in much less sales now compared to before.

    If I were to continue to guess, the thread survived the depinning for far longer than they’ve been hoping, and we’ll likely see stalling for a bit more time, until we see a half-assed implementation at best, as a new way to try to go back to how it was.

    Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • MrEdMrEd Member

    @emgh said:

    @FatGrizzly said:
    Ever since this thread came up, there has been no new threads from a purple guy.

    was a super secret restriction placed on him while you figure out a loophole for him to post and boost traffic to earn more bucks out of the ad spaces of LET?

    just a conspiracy theory, JBiloh might be really busy with life here.

    Purple daddy is definitely taking it slow. I bet they’re just sitting, waiting for people to forget about this to start over again. He’s probably raking in much less sales now compared to before.

    If I were to continue to guess, the thread survived the depinning for far longer than they’ve been hoping, and we’ll likely see stalling for a bit more time, until we see a half-assed implementation at best, as a new way to try to go back to how it was.

    With current pace, the rules will be applied only after BF, and every provider will have their chance to do the spam threads during BF without breaking any rules. I might be wrong, but half of the period till BF has already passed... :)

  • emghemgh Member

    @MrEd said:

    @emgh said:

    @FatGrizzly said:
    Ever since this thread came up, there has been no new threads from a purple guy.

    was a super secret restriction placed on him while you figure out a loophole for him to post and boost traffic to earn more bucks out of the ad spaces of LET?

    just a conspiracy theory, JBiloh might be really busy with life here.

    Purple daddy is definitely taking it slow. I bet they’re just sitting, waiting for people to forget about this to start over again. He’s probably raking in much less sales now compared to before.

    If I were to continue to guess, the thread survived the depinning for far longer than they’ve been hoping, and we’ll likely see stalling for a bit more time, until we see a half-assed implementation at best, as a new way to try to go back to how it was.

    With current pace, the rules will be applied only after BF, and every provider will have their chance to do the spam threads during BF without breaking any rules. I might be wrong, but half of the period till BF has already passed... :)

    Yeah, maybe, but new rules won’t forbid the actual issue, I’m confident they’ll instead work around it. For example by banning automated software to post, forcing people to just be a bit more creative.

  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep

    @emgh said: banning automated software to post

    I wonder how this will be implemented. Rate limiting? Manual assessment of activity by moderators?

  • emghemgh Member
    edited June 9

    @tentor said:

    @emgh said: banning automated software to post

    I wonder how this will be implemented. Rate limiting? Manual assessment of activity by moderators?

    So long as members just use some crappy manually queued up posts with more random automated post times, thankfully, it won’t have to be implemented at all.

  • @MrEd said:
    February 4th

    @jbiloh said:
    We are getting closer to finalizing the current draft of the rule changes. Going to take a little more time, but not long. As they say, Soon (TM).

    Februay 13th

    @jbiloh said:
    We are close to finalizing the revised rules around giveaways and offers. Once finalized we will post an update in either the rules thread of in a new thread.

    April 18th

    @jbiloh said:

    @emgh said:
    @jbiloh have you had the time to look at the situation yet?

    I've finalized some changes but still need to adjust the rules and make it official.

    June 8th

    @jbiloh said:
    I've enjoyed all the bumping here. I need to make some time to finalize the tweaks to some of the rules and then implement them. Life has been busy lately.

    Finalization is a very very long process... :) At first it took 2 weeks to get to finalization state from 0, but then 4 months of hard work is not enough to finalize :D

    two more weeks! trust the plan!

  • MrEdMrEd Member

    Bumping after 2 days of idle

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    Due to high amounts of spam, scam, and bot activities on the website, the county has blocked access to LowEndTalk from the public bus WiFi.

    Thanked by 2WSWD WebProject
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

    @yoursunny said:
    Due to high amounts of spam, scam, and bot activities on the website, the county has blocked access to LowEndTalk from the public bus WiFi.

    Not exactly?

    It says it is blocked because it is a messageboard or forum..

    Seems like a silly category for public WiFi to block though.

    Thanked by 1tentor
  • JabJabJabJab Member

Sign In or Register to comment.