Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please stay away from colocrossing, it will lose your data with no notice!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please stay away from colocrossing, it will lose your data with no notice!

I'm just so pissed off at them, such an unethical business, I heard from someone on the forums that they have a server room. It should be strong, and it lost my data. I looked for their customer service they have a very indifferent attitude, and did not give me any notice. I said I lost my data and it's very important, they didn't care and re-opened a machine for me.
This matter is not over, I will announce their shameless behavior in various forums, in ten years I have encountered such a shameless business.

Comments

• How did they lose it? Did they put it under a mattress for safe keeping and forget which?

• Although it was cheap, I just used it for testing purposes, they shamelessly lost my data, their technology is really really bad, this is the first time I've insulted a merchant so angrily.

• Woah more dramas coming in 🤣🤣

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • @SillyGoose said:
    Woah more dramas coming in 🤣🤣

There's effectively zero deets on this one. I don't see it going anywhere. It reads a lot like "I don't know how to make backups and hardware failed", which is a shitty thing that happens anywhere. Use backup slots if you get them. If you don't, then it's all on you.

Thanked by 1xvps
  • @lewellyn said:
    How did they lose it? Did they put it under a mattress for safe keeping and forget which?

Their customer service said it was a bad hard drive, then my backend reported the error as looking like they deleted my machine by mistake. Anyway, the victims are very numerous and I'm going to be pissed off at them.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@SillyGoose said:

Very mellow, this one, at best 5/10, this drama.

Thanked by 2longkat FrankZ
  • @wicker said: Although it was cheap

Key Word.

• @wicker said:

@lewellyn said:
    How did they lose it? Did they put it under a mattress for safe keeping and forget which?

Their customer service said it was a bad hard drive, then my backend reported the error as looking like they deleted my machine by mistake. Anyway, the victims are very numerous and I'm going to be pissed off at them.

Are you pissed off at yourself for not maintaining backups? Do the terms of service for your offering with them say they make backups for you?

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • MS said:

@SillyGoose said:

Very mellow, this one, at best 5/10, this drama.

I got angry and filed a complaint with PayPal and they didn't care that it wouldn't end like that. Treating customers like this, this company will go out of business soon and I will keep cursing colocrossing.

Every year you will watch me bring their shameless behavior to light. I still have a webpage to make.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • @lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

Are you pissed off at yourself for not maintaining backups? Do the terms of service for your offering with them say they make backups for you?

He's a new business and I'm having problems with my backups. I was really not expecting it to lose my data.

• MoopahMoopah Member
    edited January 19

I mean it is colocrossing...., the name alone tells everything you need to know.

• @wicker said: This matter is not over, I will announce their shameless behavior in various forums, in ten years I have encountered such a shameless business

Oh yeah that will teach 'em to care about you make proper backups

• @wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

He's a new business and I'm having problems with my backups. I was really not expecting it to lose my data.

It's an hard lesson but a lesson for future proof backup. In my life i lost much data in hardware fault or human fault, but now i have minimum two backup one local and one in cloud. Never trust of system without a valid backup.
    Stay safe, stay backup X2 :D

Thanked by 1tentor
  • wickerwicker Member
    edited January 19

@Moopah said:
    I mean it is colocrossing...., the name alone tells everything you need to know.

It's my fault and I'll take responsibility for exposing their scandal, even though they banned my account. But I saved all my chats with them. A shameless merchant that loses your valuable data without giving you any notice and very generously compensates you for a month of usage. That's even if you offer compensation.
    colocrossing is a very poor server merchant.

• @Moopah said:

to be fair, they've been absolutely rock solid for me. I have a few dedicated servers and they're honestly pretty great for the price. Just sounds like someone didn't keep backups (when they really should have).

• @fluffernutter said:

@Moopah said:

to be fair, they've been absolutely rock solid for me. I have a few dedicated servers and they're honestly pretty great for the price. Just sounds like someone didn't keep backups (when they really should have).

I've used a dozen or so server vendors, big and small, and still have over a dozen servers, but never have I seen anything as irresponsible as colocrossing.
    I'm sure the company will go out of business soon with this kind of service. I consider myself a very high quality person and I am pissed off by them.

• Generally strange people who would entrust their valuables to cheap companies.
    It's like insuring your life in some random company when there is a reliable and trusted insurer nearby, but it costs a bit more.

A miser pays twice.

• ColoCrossing is reputed to be a not-great provider. But at the same time, they're reputed to mostly treat their customers well.

So without some hard data on what exactly transpired, it sounds a lot like you got unlucky and are trying to pin your bad luck on someone else being incompetent at something they were not obligated to do.

• @wicker said: and it lost my data

Stay away from VPS or web hosting if you don't know how to make a backup.

@wicker said: I got angry and filed a complaint with PayPal and they didn't care that it wouldn't end like that.

You opened a PayPal dispute, just because you didn't take care of your own data? Oh my...

@fluffernutter said: they've been absolutely rock solid for me

Same here. I've got a cheap old E3-1241 v3 with them for about 1yr. Never had an issue, never put any important data, and never asked for anything.

• @wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

My man, hardware is something you can't control hardware fails, if you really cannot manage buy managed services from colocrossing and use that so it will be their liability, for now it's your liability

Thanked by 1gwnd1989
  • @jenkki said:
    Generally strange people who would entrust their valuables to cheap companies.
    It's like insuring your life in some random company when there is a reliable and trusted insurer nearby, but it costs a bit more.

A miser pays twice.

I also heard from someone else, to the effect that I was just using it to test some data that wasn't too easy to back up when I put it on there anyway, not that I didn't have a backup. I admit I made a mistake. But they didn't even notify me of the hardware failure. That's right, no notification whatsoever, I went up there and found out on my own after five days or so.

• @SillyGoose said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

My man, hardware is something you can't control hardware fails, if you really cannot manage buy managed services from colocrossing and use that so it will be their liability, for now it's your liability

So are all the VPS's not doing anything with the hard disk arrays? And they don't notify the customer if there is a failure?

• @wicker said:

@jenkki said:

A miser pays twice.

I also heard from someone else, to the effect that I was just using it to test some data that wasn't too easy to back up when I put it on there anyway, not that I didn't have a backup. I admit I made a mistake. But they didn't even notify me of the hardware failure. That's right, no notification whatsoever, I went up there and found out on my own after five days or so.

Were you paying for a managed service? No? Did you have SMART monitoring and alerting? No? This keeps sounding like a you problem, not a them problem.

• @wicker said:

@SillyGoose said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

So are all the VPS's not doing anything with the hard disk arrays? And they don't notify the customer if there is a failure?

Oh this is the first time you've said this was a VPS. Most people seem to get dedis from CC.

Like I said before, you lack way too much info to sound like anything more than a whine post.

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • @noisycode said:

@wicker said: and it lost my data

Stay away from VPS or web hosting if you don't know how to make a backup.

@wicker said: I got angry and filed a complaint with PayPal and they didn't care that it wouldn't end like that.

You opened a PayPal dispute, just because you didn't take care of your own data? Oh my...

@fluffernutter said: they've been absolutely rock solid for me

Same here. I've got a cheap old E3-1241 v3 with them for about 1yr. Never had an issue, never put any important data, and never asked for anything.

I informed them before I filed the dispute and they were very indifferent. What pisses me off is that they didn't even give notice. And without any explanation. I just want my data back and then never touch this merchant again.

• @lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@jenkki said:

A miser pays twice.

Were you paying for a managed service? No? Did you have SMART monitoring and alerting? No? This keeps sounding like a you problem, not a them problem.

So there is no guarantee with a VPS right? You can lose your data at any time?

• @wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@jenkki said:

A miser pays twice.

correct!!! that's why people have backups.

Thanked by 2RapToN WebProject
  • ColoCrossingColoCrossing Member, Patron Provider

@wicker said:
    I'm just so pissed off at them, such an unethical business, I heard from someone on the forums that they have a server room. It should be strong, and it lost my data. I looked for their customer service they have a very indifferent attitude, and did not give me any notice. I said I lost my data and it's very important, they didn't care and re-opened a machine for me.
    This matter is not over, I will announce their shameless behavior in various forums, in ten years I have encountered such a shameless business.

Hello. Can you please DM us your ticket ID so we can take a look into this?

• @wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@jenkki said:

A miser pays twice.

A VPS has different abilities and obligations all around. IIRC, CC's VPS panel has a backup option. It's not their fault if you don't use it.

• @lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@SillyGoose said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

@wicker said:

@lewellyn said:

Oh this is the first time you've said this was a VPS. Most people seem to get dedis from CC.

Like I said before, you lack way too much info to sound like anything more than a whine post.

Having heard that they have a server room and are mainly in the business of hosting etc, and that the VPS is new, I assumed they would be very competent. This is my first PayPal controversy and it's not malicious. It took a long time to communicate and in the end they even ignored me.