Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 x Dedicated Server with 10Gbit / 150TB Traffic Premium NL Network for Transfer. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10 x Dedicated Server with 10Gbit / 150TB Traffic Premium NL Network for Transfer.

Comments

• edited January 22

@WhiteRoseG said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@CalmDown said:
    P.S.S Yo guys, just buy stuff from AWS then if you're worried :).

Luckily there's still a bit of middleground between shady discord sellers and AWS.

P.S It really doesn't matter how long company/person is/are in business, even big company's can just disappear.

The question is rather if he's an actual company/trader at all. There's quite a couple of surprises that can happen if there's some shit on one of those boxes and law enforcement isn't able to pin boxes to clients and things like that.

Besides as @WhiteRoseG already asked: If he's so legit why sit on discord like a grey- or blackmarket seller instead of starting an actual shop? No paperwork? No taxes? Trying to doge responsibility? Seems fishy as hell.

@CalmDown said:
    Well, supply and proper salesman which do work with them for years.

Sure, the largest and most skilled salespersons are those which you meat on what is more or less a digital supermarket parking lot.

@jmaxwell said:
    Beats me. He’s kinda famous in the seedbox provider sector or his shills are doing a great job to make it appear so.

Exactly. That's also my feeling. A guy sitting on discord trying to skip membership or advertisement fee would kind of fit the picture.

I can only say this: <3 you get it, also like I say the real company OVH, Hetzner, Leaseweb can change TOS whenever they want, so probably this is still going oke because, they didn't notice because they have 150000 servers in there basement, so if you buy from shady seller be prepared to loose everything money and server and don't come and complain here when you loose both.

Well, it's not exactly rocket science as the role of Discord in such setups is probably most of the time an (in my opinion ill advised - if Discord is used for commercial presence it would likely still be seen as equivalent to a website or similar medium) attempt at skirting company identification requirements and that isn't exactly the hallmark of confidence instilling practice in general but as demonstrated in this thread more than a handful people still don't seem to care much as long as server is cheap my man...

Also I don't understand why you would support this kind of selling to save 2 bucks. Also there are enough cheaper and better offers. If a company becomes more expensive then leave and go to concurrent like i say enough alternative, don't buy a server back with old TOS from the same company it's just plain stupid.

The target audience seemingly being seedbox owners chances are one selling point might be Andy not being big in the ask-questions-department but more in the take-crypto-and-deliver-server-department. I figure if people see their boxes as kind of a throwaway product and don't give a shit about data too being cheap and not caring beyond that might feel sensible. Still the possibility of being lumped in with some shit neighbors are doing... I really don't know...

• @totally_not_banned said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@CalmDown said:
    P.S.S Yo guys, just buy stuff from AWS then if you're worried :).

Luckily there's still a bit of middleground between shady discord sellers and AWS.

P.S It really doesn't matter how long company/person is/are in business, even big company's can just disappear.

The question is rather if he's an actual company/trader at all. There's quite a couple of surprises that can happen if there's some shit on one of those boxes and law enforcement isn't able to pin boxes to clients and things like that.

Besides as @WhiteRoseG already asked: If he's so legit why sit on discord like a grey- or blackmarket seller instead of starting an actual shop? No paperwork? No taxes? Trying to doge responsibility? Seems fishy as hell.

@CalmDown said:
    Well, supply and proper salesman which do work with them for years.

Sure, the largest and most skilled salespersons are those which you meat on what is more or less a digital supermarket parking lot.

@jmaxwell said:
    Beats me. He’s kinda famous in the seedbox provider sector or his shills are doing a great job to make it appear so.

Exactly. That's also my feeling. A guy sitting on discord trying to skip membership or advertisement fee would kind of fit the picture.

I can only say this: <3 you get it, also like I say the real company OVH, Hetzner, Leaseweb can change TOS whenever they want, so probably this is still going oke because, they didn't notice because they have 150000 servers in there basement, so if you buy from shady seller be prepared to loose everything money and server and don't come and complain here when you loose both.

Well, it's not exactly rocket science as the role of Discord in such setups is probably most of the time an (in my opinion ill advised - if Discord is used for commercial presence it would likely still be seen as equivalent to a website or similar medium) attempt at skirting company identification requirements and that isn't exactly the hallmark of confidence instilling practice in general but as demonstrated in this thread more than a handful people still don't seem to care much as long as server is cheap my man...

Also I don't understand why you would support this kind of selling to save 2 bucks. Also there are enough cheaper and better offers. If a company becomes more expensive then leave and go to concurrent like i say enough alternative, don't buy a server back with old TOS from the same company it's just plain stupid.

The target audience seemingly being seedbox owners chances are one selling point might be Andy not being big in the ask-questions-department but more in the take-crypto-and-deliver-server-department. I figure if people see their boxes as kind of a throwaway product and don't give a shit about data too being cheap and not caring beyond that might feel sensible. Still the possibility of being lumped in with some shit neighbors are doing... I really don't know...

Yes true, still I don't support it it's bad for bussines.

OMG ~3000€ over discord... What kind of shady shit are you guys running so you'll have to resort to something like that? I figure Andy doesn't have any office, imprint, tos, privacy policy or really whatever beyond a discord account either? I've seen a lot but this is simply stunning.

as if some pimped HTML template adds any value to trust LOL. The simplicity of a Discord just removes costly overhead. ofc there's TOS/privacy and all that required legal stuff. We need more Andy's with a good track record.

OMG ~3000€ over discord... What kind of shady shit are you guys running so you'll have to resort to something like that? I figure Andy doesn't have any office, imprint, tos, privacy policy or really whatever beyond a discord account either? I've seen a lot but this is simply stunning.

This works for some and for some it doesn't, nothing wrong with leasing servers ove> @WhiteRoseG said:

@bobsburgers said:
    Calm down lads, i still have 8 servers with andy and iv been nothing but happy but I need servers in u.s. hence why I'm offloading these ones. Goodluck trying to get a 32tb storage 10gbps 150tb NL dedicated server for under 100 euros from ANY provider. I was warned because I offered the option to have these leased out on a monthly basis if it would make it easier for others to be interested. @WhiteRoseG go get a price directly from leaseweb for specs like this then you'll know why people use resellers or middlemen.

Then why doesn't he start a real company ?

because he obviously makes enough selling them on discord to people who want seedboxes

• edited January 22

@bobsburgers said:

This works for some and for some it doesn't, nothing wrong with leasing servers ove

Obviously. Doesn't make it normal or good practice though.

@WhiteRoseG said:

@bobsburgers said:
    Calm down lads, i still have 8 servers with andy and iv been nothing but happy but I need servers in u.s. hence why I'm offloading these ones. Goodluck trying to get a 32tb storage 10gbps 150tb NL dedicated server for under 100 euros from ANY provider. I was warned because I offered the option to have these leased out on a monthly basis if it would make it easier for others to be interested. @WhiteRoseG go get a price directly from leaseweb for specs like this then you'll know why people use resellers or middlemen.

because he obviously makes enough selling them on discord to people who want seedboxes

Starting a real company is not about making more money but about credibility and protection for everyone involved. Besides the scenarios already discussed there is also some that might make your servers simply go poof one day. If he pisses someone off and lacks some specific paperwork it might be not all that hard to bring the whole operation down. There's simply a ton of gotchas.

That's basically why some people distrust deals over Discord. Well, not necessarily only over Discord (that's simply coming off as shady because that's the modus of operation for a lot of shady sellers these days) but deals where your business partner doesn't provide some form of sufficient legitimization (if Andy does that it's obviously a huge step up already - it's not really the norm for Discord sellers though, so it gives a shady vibe by default).

• VoidVoid Member

@lowenduser1 said:

as if some pimped HTML template adds any value to trust LOL. The simplicity of a Discord just removes costly overhead. ofc there's TOS/privacy and all that required legal stuff. We need more Andy's with a good track record.

Until one day they decide to “retire” and it is as simple as deleting the discord account.

@bobsburgers said:

This works for some and for some it doesn't, nothing wrong with leasing servers ove

Obviously. Doesn't make it normal or good practice though.

@WhiteRoseG said:

@bobsburgers said:

Starting a real company is not about making more money but about credibility and protection for everyone involved. Besides the scenarios already discussed there is also some that might make your servers simply go poof one day. If he pisses someone off and lacks some specific paperwork it might be not all that hard to bring the whole operation down. There's simply a ton of gotchas.

That's basically why some people distrust deals over Discord. Well, not necessarily only over Discord (that's simply coming off as shady because that's the modus of operation for a lot of shady sellers these days) but deals where your business partner doesn't provide some form of sufficient legitimization (if Andy does that it's obviously a huge step up already - it's not really the norm for Discord sellers though, so it gives a shady vibe by default).

Iam happy you take the time to type all of this !

• sk29sk29 Member

Andy10gbit is certified legit. Seen his name floating around for the past year but decided to give him a shot. I got two OVH servers from him with technical contact to my own OVH account, in Canada.

Ryzen 7 3700x 32GB RAM 2x1TB NVMe 2Gbit Unmetered $140
    E-2236 64GB RAM 500GB NVMe 10Gbit Unmetered $500

Legit OVH servers, they show up in my OVH account and work fine. I can't even find anything close to the above on OVH's website or through my Account Manager at OVH. I know some other hosts can price match, but OVH's network quality is on another level, so I am very satisfied with my purchase. Am I worried about him disappearing? No. If he does, I just won't pay the following month and move to another host.

Overall, awesome guy, and very helpful and insightful. Hope he sets up an actual brand with website to shut up the weirdos.

Thanked by 2maverick Patriarch
  • WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited January 23

@sk29 said:
    Andy10gbit is certified legit. Seen his name floating around for the past year but decided to give him a shot. I got two OVH servers from him with technical contact to my own OVH account, in Canada.

Legit OVH servers, they show up in my OVH account and work fine. I can't even find anything close to the above on OVH's website or through my Account Manager at OVH. I know some other hosts can price match, but OVH's network quality is on another level, so I am very satisfied with my purchase. Am I worried about him disappearing? No. If he does, I just won't pay the following month and move to another host.

Overall, awesome guy, and very helpful and insightful. Hope he sets up an actual brand with website to shut up the weirdos.

Got your Ryzen 3700x with same spec only with 1gbit for 32.50, so your setup is not even cheap, if you need quick line speed just take. 9 bucks Avoro VPS or Netcup then you got 2.5gbit for around 9 bucks. Also 500bucks for a 10gbit is crazy expensive. So I dunno were you find this a good deal but it's really not :p If you need tips to bring your cost down let me know.

• @sk29 said:

$500 seems kind of high for that spec at OVH

• sk29sk29 Member

@WhiteRoseG I have 10gbit incoming 2gbit outgoing unmetered, dedicated server not a VPS. You cant expect me to max out a $9 VPS to 2.5Gbit 24/7/365. I couldn't do that on a $70 2Gbit VPS from OVH. If you can link me a server from the OVH website in BHS with 10gbit unlimited and guaranteed, please do.

@Moopah If you can link me a server from the OVH website in BHS with 10gbit unlimited and guaranteed, please do.

• 10 servers available with 85 days remaining for 280 euro

4 servers available with 120 days remaining
    400 Euro

Will transfer servers individually if anyone is interested.

• @sk29 said:
    certified legit

Can you expand on that? Certified legit as in you got your server and it works or certified legit as in you were supplied with all the information that you are able to verify dealing with a legitimate business/trader?

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
    edited January 23

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Can you expand on that? Certified legit as in you got your server and it works or certified legit as in you were supplied with all the information that you are able to verify dealing with a legitimate business/trader?

Yeah, this thread is hopeless they don't get it, let it go :p let them enjoy seedbox with 10gbit for not cheap :p eventually somebody will come.and cry here that he/lost everything and a lot of money :'( I already can see it coming I have class boll.

• edited January 23

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Yeah, this thread is hopeless they don't get it, let it go :p let them enjoy seedbox with 10gbit for not cheap :p eventually somebody will come.and cry here that he/lost everything and a lot of money :'( I already can see it coming I have class boll.

Yeah, probably. It's classic material for a "How could we have ever seen this coming drama thread" but we'll see how it goes. I mean, we all love drama after all, don't we? ;)

It's just a little annoying to think that it'll likely once again be made to look like it's somehow @jbiloh 's fault that people are careless... Kind of like obviously noone could see how buying from @repuc was one huge gamble carrying a massive chance of being nothing but a waste time and money. While i think nostalgia is overrated i still very much suspect that a lot of the scam problems nowadays are not that much related to shady sellers being allowed on here but rather the community back then simply being way more skeptical and outspoken.

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Exactly just let it go, people are aware of the risks. No need to police the thread. If andy was going to 'ghost' people he would've done it by now. His making enough from selling servers on discord. Stick to your $7 vps that's probably shared by 300 other people.

edited January 23

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Exactly just let it go, people are aware of the risks. No need to police the thread. If andy was going to 'ghost' people he would've done it by now. His making enough from selling servers on discord. Stick to your $7 vps that's probably shared by 300 other people.

Good luck my friend, I think you can better listen to @totally_not_banned . Because he will be right in the end. But again if you want to pay more for OVH servers be my guest. It's your own money so I couldn't care less. And some VPS will outperform your old OVH system anyway so I don't know why you mention this.

edited January 23

:p

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Good luck my friend, I think you can better listen to @totally_not_banned . Because he will be right in the end. But again if you want to pay more for OVH servers be my guest. It's your own money so I couldn't care less. And some VPS will outperform your old OVH system anyway so I don't know why you mention this.

I don't have ovh servers but cheers for your 2 cents

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Yeah, probably. It's classic material for a "How could we have ever seen this coming drama thread" but we'll see how it goes. I mean, we all love drama after all, don't we? ;)

It's just a little annoying to think that it'll likely once again be made to look like it's somehow @jbiloh 's fault that people are careless... Kind of like obviously noone could see how buying from @repuc was one huge gamble carrying a massive chance of being nothing but a waste time and money. While i think nostalgia is overrated i still very much suspect that a lot of the scam problems nowadays are not that much related to shady sellers being allowed on here but rather the community back then simply being way more skeptical and outspoken.

It's clear you love drama trying to shit on a thread. Anyone purchasing from Andy know exactly what they're getting. If the use case of his services were vital to users they would know to look elsewhere. Andy has been around a long time. Reddit has enough on him.since you love the drama you have nothing to worry about besides getting the popcorn and waiting for a ghost thread. I'd be mad too if I could lease out 100s of servers successfully without even running a website.

• edited January 23

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Exactly just let it go, people are aware of the risks.

Looking at all the drama threads that have been going on over the years i very much doubt it. People even sign up for hosts sporting a TOS that obviously belongs to some online auction site talking about the marketplace all the time while not having a single word in relation to what they are actually buying just to later wonder about not getting first class treatment. As to how far falling into these traps is their own fault is obviously another topic.

No need to police the thread.

Well, need is relative but given scams running rampant around here is very much a relevant topic and seeing how naive a lot of people are pointing out the possible pitfalls seems to be a sensible thing to do. If you don't like that i'd simply post Andy's company registration details. That would probably be the most effective approach in shutting critics up as up to this point the lingering suspicion will always be that those are actually non-existent with the Discord setup being an attempt at hiding this.

If andy was going to 'ghost' people he would've done it by now.

Like if there would have never been any exit scams done after years of operation... Besides, the whole thing turning into a full loss doesn't even need any intention to scam if things aren't in order.

His making enough from selling servers on discord.

Who'd really know this? Maybe today he does and tomorrow he doesn't or there'll be another difficulty. Possibilities are endless and like i said things turning sour doesn't even necessarily need some kind of bad intention.

Stick to your $7 vps that's probably shared by 300 other people.

Do i smell some frustration? Well, we could also talk a bit more about your trying-to-sell-without-tag warning and the fact that a mere 3 days later you suddenly have 10 servers to transfer ;)

• Yeah stop selling these things on LET please, we only want real company's, no sellers please stay away from here.

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Looking at all the drama threads that have been going on over the years i very much doubt it. People even sign up for hosts sporting a TOS that obviously belongs to some online auction site talking about the marketplace all the time while not having a single word in relation to what they are actually buying just to later wonder about not getting first class treatment. As to how far falling into these traps is their own fault is obviously another topic.

Well, need is relative but given scams running rampant around here is very much a relevant topic and seeing how naive a lot of people are pointing out the possible pitfalls seems to be a sensible thing to do. If you don't like that i'd simply post Andy's company registration details. That would probably be the most effective approach in shutting critics up as up to this point the lingering suspicion will always be that those are actually non-existent with the Discord setup being an attempt at hiding this.

Like if there would have never been any exit scams done after years of operation... Besides, the whole thing turning into a full loss doesn't even need any intention to scam if things aren't in order.

Who'd really know this? Maybe today he does and tomorrow he doesn't or there'll be another difficulty. Possibilities are endless and like i said things turning sour doesn't even necessarily need some kind of bad intention.

Do i smell some frustration? Well, we could also talk a bit more about your trying-to-sell-without-tag warning and the fact that a mere 3 days later you suddenly have 10 servers to transfer ;)

Andy's client base are mainly people who want sheer privacy to do what they wish on his systems while keeping their privacy. It works for some and not so for others

No frustration on my end but definitely on your end towards people offering services without a 'website'

Any company operations can turn sour, running a website to sell servers doesn't guarantee you won't lose money.

There is always paypal for payments in case things get sour.

Appreciate you looking out for the naive but I'm sure anyone looking to spend this sort of money would've done some research.

edited January 23

@bobsburgers said:

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

Andy's client base are mainly people who want sheer privacy to do what they wish on his systems while keeping their privacy. It works for some and not so for others

No frustration on my end but definitely on your end towards people offering services without a 'website'

Any company operations can turn sour, running a website to sell servers doesn't guarantee you won't lose money.

Appreciate you looking out for the naive but I'm sure anyone looking to spend this sort of money would've done some research.

What @totally_not_banned tries to say is that bussines wise and serieus use it's not an option.also the think you say about PayPal is not really true because it's not business, it's just you transferring money to a friend.so no protection

• @bobsburgers said:

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

How does doing shady deals over Discord improve privacy? It very much doesn't. It's actually the opposite.

If you'd have actually followed what i've written you'd know that it's not about having a website or not.

Obviously. Dealing with someone where you can't check if they are operating legitimately adds to those risks though.

I'm actually surprised here as taking Paypal without paperwork would pose a little difficult. On the other hand it very much can be done. Pretty much as having disputes run into thin air can be done if you satisfy certain requirements (which is way easier when your not an official entity).

I'm sure anyone looking to spend this sort of money would've done some research.

You must be new here.

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@bobsburgers said:

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

What @totally_not_banned tries to say is that bussines wise and serieus use it's not an option.also the think you say about PayPal is not really true because it's not business, it's just you transferring money to a friend.so no protection

anyone being 'serious' about purchasing wouldn't buy from someone through discord unless they had their own reasons. No his payments are monthly paypal subscription not 'friend payment'

• edited January 23

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@bobsburgers said:

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

anyone being 'serious' about purchasing wouldn't buy from someone through discord unless they had their own reasons. No his payments are monthly paypal subscription not 'friend payment'

It doesn't need to be "Friends and family" to be effectively non-disputable. Let's be serious: The only possible reason here would be cheap. 99% of all people wouldn't know how to operate an anonymous Paypal account and thus any kind of privacy is already void at that point anyways. Discord and private don't belong into one sentence either. Add all the other possible gotchas and well...

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@bobsburgers said:

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

It doesn't need to be "Friends and family" to be effectively non-disputable. Let's be serious: The only possible reason here would be cheap. 99% of all people wouldn't know how to operate an anonymous Paypal account and thus any kind of privacy is already void at that point anyways. Discord and private don't belong into one sentence either. Add all the other possible gotchas and well...

I never said privacy with paypal i said paypal can be used as well as crypto.

• @bobsburgers said:

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@bobsburgers said:

@bobsburgers said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@sk29 said:
    certified legit

I never said privacy with paypal i said paypal can be used as well as crypto.

So that also somehow stops Discord from being a privacy horror too? Getting servers anonymously very much can be done if the person in question invests a little bit of effort and smarts but expecting to get this as kind of an all-inclusive-package on Discord... Well, convenience often times doesn't equal efficiency, i guess.

This discussion has been closed.