Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› RCLOUDSYSTEMS 🆕 NAT KVM Manager + 9 BONUS APPS = WOW!!! $4.99 / year - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RCLOUDSYSTEMS 🆕 NAT KVM Manager + 9 BONUS APPS = WOW!!! $4.99 / year

2»

Comments

• @risharde said:

@JosephF said:
    Congrats on this new release!

Do BF/CM customers already have access to the new app?

Thank you fam!!! Yes!!! FREE FOR YOU MY FAM! <3 But you'll have to send me a support ticket so I can send you the COUPON that zero rates it :smile:

Hi @risharde , I sent you the support ticket (#66), as requested. Thank you

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@JosephF said:

@risharde said:

@JosephF said:

Thank you fam!!! Yes!!! FREE FOR YOU MY FAM! <3 But you'll have to send me a support ticket so I can send you the COUPON that zero rates it :smile:

Hey @JosephF ! Apologies for the delay, I couldn't find a ticket and I'm hoping it's a small glitch. I've recreated a ticket based on the slack history I have - please let me know if it answers what you were asking about - the coupon. If not, please let me know in the ticket what you need. Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience!

• @risharde said:

@JosephF said:

@risharde said:

@JosephF said:

Hey @JosephF ! Apologies for the delay, I couldn't find a ticket and I'm hoping it's a small glitch. I've recreated a ticket based on the slack history I have - please let me know if it answers what you were asking about - the coupon. If not, please let me know in the ticket what you need. Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience!

It worked perfectly! Thank you again.

Thanked by 1risharde

@JosephF said:

@risharde said:

@JosephF said:

@risharde said:

@JosephF said:

It worked perfectly! Thank you again.

Thank you fam!!!

• can we do this on oracle free tier ARM?

@NanoG6 said:
    can we do this on oracle free tier ARM?

Sorry @NanoG6 I have never tested it there. I've only tested our software on x86 archs - particularly Ubuntu 20 & 22 LTS

• Hey @risharde - I just became a customer of yours with this great deal! Can't wait to try out the NAT KVM Manager :smiley:

Thanked by 1risharde

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    Hey @risharde - I just became a customer of yours with this great deal! Can't wait to try out the NAT KVM Manager :smiley:

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    Hey @risharde - I just became a customer of yours with this great deal! Can't wait to try out the NAT KVM Manager :smiley:

OMG thanks fam!!! Welcome and hope it pleases you!!

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • @risharde said: OMG thanks fam!!! Welcome and hope it pleases you!!

I just need to decide which server to install it on! I was going to use it on a VPS with nested virtualization, then I thought (i.e. the penny dropped), install it on my home server!
    Great use case. Hope to test it out over the weekend (and could well end up getting another licence for the VPS :smile: ). Many thanks @risharde

Thanked by 1risharde

@meditatingsurgeon said:

@risharde said: OMG thanks fam!!! Welcome and hope it pleases you!!

I just need to decide which server to install it on! I was going to use it on a VPS with nested virtualization, then I thought (i.e. the penny dropped), install it on my home server!
    Great use case. Hope to test it out over the weekend (and could well end up getting another licence for the VPS :smile: ). Many thanks @risharde

Thanks fam, hope it goes well, please let me know!

• @risharde said: Thanks fam, hope it goes well, please let me know!

:heart:

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Apologies if this question was answered already, but do any of the RCLOUDSYSTEMS tools do the same thing that imapsync does? And if so, is there any advantage/disadvantage to using it/them instead of imapsync?

Either in terms of technical, functionality or costs.

edited January 31

@JosephF said:
    Apologies if this question was answered already, but do any of the RCLOUDSYSTEMS tools do the same thing that imapsync does? And if so, is there any advantage/disadvantage to using it/them instead of imapsync?

Hi JosephF, not extensively answered but in terms of imapsync vs EmailSync - they seem similar. I don't use imapsync but I've read a little bit about it and I really can't say if there's something more than imapsync does that our EmailSync app does not do but I always stand corrected (and may patch our software to ensure our users are happy with it's functionality). At this point, the impression to me is that they are similar. EmailSync is primarily UI based first while it seems imapsync might be command line based first (I am aware it has some sort of UI).

Our tools however go way further than imapsync. Technically speaking, we offer a bundle with EmailBackup for cheaper than the price of purchasing just EmailSync alone. This is sort of intentional because we want people to use both since in combination they offer great value (though again our software has a price vs imapsync which has a limited free version). But just to be clear, EmailBackup goes one step further by backing up emails from an account so you have local access to the emails and can preview the emails offline as well as push those backups to unlimited servers for backup using the RCS Data Receiver.

Then we pushed out EmailArchiver which allows users to backup individual emails as opposed to all emails (a little different from EmailBackup) - giving users a 3rd way to backup emails (saving space and keeping only important emails backed up). It's seperated to make it less complicated UI wise for the user.

Our software (the email software) has docker environments already available to speed up the process of getting started as well.

Then we have also have our additional software - like the Blacklist Checker which will check your mail ip against over 70 blacklists - this also comes with a CLI implementation as well.

And then all the rest of utilities including our latest NAT KVM Manager which is basically bundled for free - buy NAT KVM Manager and get all our apps for free as well.

I think those who have not purchased the software (in bundle) either do not have any use for the software but I think it's more likely that they think of the software as individual not considering the massive benefit of having 10 apps (and maybe more to come!).

Coming back to cost - maybe EmailSync is more expensive up front since one has to pay the $4.99/year (which includes the additional app benefits which are likely overlooked) but I think the full version of imapsync seems to cost more if you decide to do the one off purchase even if it's a lifetime license. It's very difficult to understand how people think per say but all I can say is that by building our very own software - we / I understand the inner workings for patches - speaking of which - we do have an autoupdate function - I'm not sure if imapsync has that.

I could go on and on but as you can see it's hard for me to compare different apples or even apples vs oranges.

Our commitment is not to try to keep our software affordable. I'm looking a bit long term and I don't want to jinx it - and to keep adding to the software line. $4.99 a year should be seen as the price for usage of the software (understood), maintenance updates, new features and / or new software being given when it's available (additional costs of development).

Sorry if this went terribly off tangent. Thanks for your question Joseph, I hope the software is working out for you.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • SinVSinV Member, Host Rep

Order #839

Thanked by 1risharde
  • ehabehab Member

i am happy to see you grow.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • JegarJegar Member

Does this not auto shutdown the VM like in promox when there is not enough RAM? cause sometimes one of my VM will do 100% at some point but only a moment.

@SinSiXX said:
    Order #839

Thanks so much and welcome to the fam!!! I think I need to contact you via ticket - I think I see a payment from you but weren't you a winner?

@Jegar said:
    Does this not auto shutdown the VM like in promox when there is not enough RAM? cause sometimes one of my VM will do 100% at some point but only a moment.

@Jegar Hmm this is a tricky one to answer, I haven't tested the behaviour of overallocating RAM. There's a chance it make sense though that it COULD kill a VM if there is no RAM. However what's tricky about this is whether the system you're running has SWAP or not. Sorry I'll have to test this and see what actually happens. I have a feeling the underlying technology would kill a VM if the system just doesn't have enough RAM.

If however you're talking about a case where there is no overallocation - pretty sure our manager does not kill VMs since I didn't code anything in there to kill VMs that use 100% RAM. The only kill that ever happens via our layer of coding is for bandwidth. Everything else is managed by qemu / libvirt

@ehab said:
    i am happy to see you grow.

Thanks @ehab I really appreciate it

• bdlbdl Member

@JosephF said:
    Apologies if this question was answered already, but do any of the RCLOUDSYSTEMS tools do the same thing that imapsync does? And if so, is there any advantage/disadvantage to using it/them instead of imapsync?

I won one of those 3 month rcloudsystems promos in the provider poll, if you want it so you can compare it against imapsync, it's yours. :) Would be interesting if you could post a quick comparison with imapsync as when I first saw rcloudsystems' product I, too, wondered how it compared to imapsync...

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @bdl said:

@JosephF said:

I won one of those 3 month rcloudsystems promos in the provider poll, if you want it so you can compare it against imapsync, it's yours. :) Would be interesting if you could post a quick comparison with imapsync as when I first saw rcloudsystems' product I, too, wondered how it compared to imapsync...

Hi @bdl , thank you for that kind offer. I already purchased the full RCLOUDSYSTEMS suite on BF. I just didn't yet have the opportunity to set it up. So I was wondering what the differences were, as I've seen more than a few hosting providers recommend imapsync for transferring mail accounts.

Thanked by 1bdl

One correction

Our commitment is not to try to keep our software affordable.

Remove not. I want to keep this affordable.

Have a nice day fam!

Thanked by 1bdl
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited January 31

@risharde said:
    One correction

Our commitment is not to try to keep our software affordable.

Remove not. I want to keep this affordable.

Have a nice day fam!

Oops - you're only human :lol:

Thanked by 1risharde
  • SinVSinV Member, Host Rep

@risharde said:

@SinSiXX said:
    Order #839

Thanks so much and welcome to the fam!!! I think I need to contact you via ticket - I think I see a payment from you but weren't you a winner?

Yeah, but this is a good deal. I was going to give my prize away, if allowed, for someone else to try or extend their license.

Thanked by 1risharde

@SinSiXX said:

@risharde said:

@SinSiXX said:
    Order #839

Yeah, but this is a good deal. I was going to give my prize away, if allowed, for someone else to try or extend their license.

That's really kind of you fam!! If you want to do that, just message me and I'll hook them up, thanks for being an awesome sport!!

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@risharde congrats on NATKVMManager. That looks super interesting, especially:

Runs KVM Virtual Machines on bare metal or KVM with nested virtualization

and the netboot stuff. Looks quite full featured, excellent price.
    I'm going to try this for some stuff at home.

Free (non)Pointless Bump :)

Thanked by 1risharde
    edited January 31

@crunchbits said:
    @risharde congrats on NATKVMManager. That looks super interesting, especially:

Runs KVM Virtual Machines on bare metal or KVM with nested virtualization

and the netboot stuff. Looks quite full featured, excellent price.
    I'm going to try this for some stuff at home.

Free (non)Pointless Bump :)

Thanks so much fam! I don't want to talk down the product but there is likely more features I can add but not sure if I should. It's meant to be a very simple panel that does all the configuration automatically so you reach a quick point of using netboot to set up your OS and enjoy virtualization sharing a single ip.

Thanks so much for the bump!! Hope you get it up and running easily since that's what one of the most important things I wanted to accomplish in the product

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @risharde said: Thanks so much fam! I don't want to talk down the product but there is likely more features I can add but not sure if I should. It's meant to be a very simple panel that does all the configuration automatically so you reach a quick point of using netboot to set up your OS and enjoy virtualization sharing a single ip.

I would pay more if it had IPv6 support