Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LET's 2024 #1 TOP PROVIDER*] Free VPSes, Shirts, Hoodies, and Firearms! -- Final Yearly VPS Chance! - Page 53
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LET's 2024 #1 TOP PROVIDER*] Free VPSes, Shirts, Hoodies, and Firearms! -- Final Yearly VPS Chance!

Comments

• jlet88jlet88 Member

@crunchbits Thank you! What a great answer, and your detail and transparency are very much appreciated. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this! This kind of response is frankly refreshing, and I hope you continue doing it!

All that sounds great, and I totally understand about not promising specific hardware too.

Happy to hear about the future Valley Forge move... seems like it solves a number of things for you, gives you more flexibility, more upstream options, plus it sounds like a good financial deal too. And it's therefore better long-term for the customers.

Two quick follow-up questions on that -- 1) when you say you'll be moving all the Allentown hardware to Valley Forge, I assume that means all the budget yearly nodes there too, right? 2) And will the IPs change at all? I'd hate to set up a bunch of stuff and have IPs all change on me! But if so, I'd want to be prepared.

And I forgot to ask about the VDS nodes... are you introducing a similar pricing model for those, or sticking with the prior pricing model?

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@jlet88 said:
    Two quick follow-up questions on that -- 1) when you say you'll be moving all the Allentown hardware to Valley Forge, I assume that means all the budget yearly nodes there too, right? 2) And will the IPs change at all? I'd hate to set up a bunch of stuff and have IPs all change on me! But if so, I'd want to be prepared.

Opted against changing IPs even if we have the space free, it's just far too much of a headache. That is why it'll be a bit of a production with a lot of warm bodies. Once we disconnect, we'll (as rapidly as we safely can) physically drive the hardware down and re-rack to an already pre-configured environment.

And I forgot to ask about the VDS nodes... are you introducing a similar pricing model for those, or sticking with the prior pricing model?

For now, sticking with the prior though we made some changes to the performance, pricing, and specs. Will detail it on the info page as we get pics and writeups done, but able to push our 7950X a bit further and add some more enterprise features (some of which are already quietly live).

What happens with the VDS type of units where you're taking and locking up a full pinned CPU topography is that the rest of the associated resources are completely dead in the water. Rather than think of it as you're paying for say an "extra" 50G of NVMe disk space, it's more that whether you wanted it or not I'd have to charge you the same because there are only 15 or 23 physical cores being sold. So you're getting a "free" 50G of NVMe space :) Everything else in the system is ancillary to the CPU. This is where I find the 'standard' or legacy pricing model fits better for all parties.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited March 20

@crunchbits said: This is where I find the 'standard' or legacy pricing model fits better for all parties.

Ahh, yeah makes sense. Got it.

Thanks again. And all the rest sounds good.

As you mentioned, please do give plenty of notice for the Valley Forge move! Sounds like a big operation. Guessing maybe 4-6 hours downtime if all goes well (hopefully less!)... it's worth it long term, good luck with it. I will have more than one active service with you there, at least one in full production with active client sites. If I know the move window in advance, I can plan accordingly!

Anyway, lots of sweet options here between the build-a-VPS, and VDS options! Again, great job, happy to see you expand, especially as you bring your East Coast services up to the same level as West Coast. Very cool.

P.S. And BTW, Valley Forge has some great history with the Revolutionary War as I'm sure you know. I'll take it over Allentown any day.

• shruubshruub Member

@crunchbits said:

@shruub said:

With this credit i can buy all service you sell? Like storage? Thanks @crunchbits

Yeah, you can.

Edit: especially nice since all normal servers are outta stock :^]

Yep, confirming. Credit used anywhere, good as cash in our system.

Normal servers like dedi's? Available, just basically "built-to-order" as we still can't get ahead of queue to prebuild common configs yet.

Nope, meant vpses. I just hate to use the word because -as you can see, I don't get the plural of the word ;^).

• thanks

• LucaasLucaas Member

support

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • Is the computer room good for mainland China?

• bdlbdl Member

@martin_hetz said:
    Is the computer room good for mainland China?

so much chicken

• @bdl said:

@martin_hetz said:

so much chicken

Depending on the region, that might not be chicken.

• bdlbdl Member

@Oldschool said:

@bdl said:

@martin_hetz said:

so much chicken

Depending on the region, that might not be chicken.

LowEndTurkey

Thanked by 1foitin
  • KonbuKonbu Member

I received chicken. Thank you Crunchbits!! (゚∀゚ )

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited April 2

....umm

• sh97sh97 Member

Managed to grab a yearly in today's surprise restock!

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-03-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun Apr  7 09:43:33 PM IST 2024

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes
    Processor  : Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS)
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2095.066 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.4 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 39.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-18-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Redoubt Networks
    ASN        : AS400304 Redoubt Networks
    Host       : Redoubt Networks
    Location   : Allentown, Pennsylvania (PA)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda3):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 98.56 MB/s   (24.6k) | 1.32 GB/s    (20.7k)
    Write      | 98.82 MB/s   (24.7k) | 1.33 GB/s    (20.8k)
    Total      | 197.38 MB/s  (49.3k) | 2.66 GB/s    (41.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 3.33 GB/s     (6.5k) | 8.11 GB/s     (7.9k)
    Write      | 3.50 GB/s     (6.8k) | 8.65 GB/s     (8.4k)
    Total      | 6.84 GB/s    (13.3k) | 16.77 GB/s   (16.3k)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 774
    Multi Core      | 782
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22381541

YABS completed in 3 min 14 sec

---------------------------- network-speed.xyz ----------------------------
          A simple script to test network performance using speedtest-cli
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Version            : v2024.04.04
     Global Speedtest   : wget -qO- network-speed.xyz | bash
     Region Speedtest   : wget -qO- network-speed.xyz | bash -s -- -r <region>
     Basic System Info
     CPU Model          : Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS)
     CPU Cores          : 1 @ 2095.066 MHz
     CPU Cache          : 16384 KB
     AES-NI             : ✔ Enabled
     VM-x/AMD-V         : ✔ Enabled
     Total Disk         : 39.9 GB (2.2 GB Used)
     Total RAM          : 1.4 GB (286.9 MB Used)
     System uptime      : 0 days, 0 hour 25 min
     Load average       : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
     OS                 : Debian GNU/Linux 12
     Arch               : x86_64 (64 Bit)
     Kernel             : 6.1.0-18-amd64
     Virtualization     : KVM
     TCP Control        : cubic
     Basic Network Info
     Primary Network    : IPv6
     IPv6 Access        : ✔ Online
     IPv4 Access        : ✔ Online
     ISP                : Redoubt Networks
     ASN                : AS400304 Redoubt Networks
     Host               : Redoubt Networks
     Location           : Allentown, Pennsylvania-PA, United States
     Speedtest.net (Region: GLOBAL)
     Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server

ISP: Redoubt-net

Nearest          2.49 ms     0.0%    914.91 Mbps    996.77 Mbps    Dataspindle LLC - Philadelphia, PA

Kochi, IN        314.51 ms   0.0%    621.81 Mbps    294.87 Mbps    Asianet Broadband - Cochin
     Bangalore, IN    309.18 ms   N/A     792.44 Mbps    0.47 Mbps      Bharti Airtel Ltd - Bangalore
     Chennai, IN      250.71 ms   N/A     806.21 Mbps    407.39 Mbps    Jio - Chennai
     Mumbai, IN       218.11 ms   0.0%    732.02 Mbps    287.88 Mbps    i3D.net - Mumbai
     Delhi, IN        331.44 ms   0.0%    680.23 Mbps    272.87 Mbps    Tata Play Fiber - New Delhi

Seattle, US      71.89 ms    N/A     859.33 Mbps    1114.52 Mbps   Comcast - Seattle, WA
     Los Angeles, US  81.02 ms    0.0%    886.18 Mbps    1090.90 Mbps   ReliableSite Hosting - Los Angeles, CA
     Dallas, US       42.10 ms    0.0%    811.30 Mbps    985.42 Mbps    Hivelocity - Dallas, TX
     Miami, US        43.24 ms    N/A     821.34 Mbps    909.60 Mbps    Dish Wireless - Miami, FL
     New York, US     4.79 ms     0.0%    924.21 Mbps    1001.74 Mbps   GSL Networks - New York, NY
     Toronto, CA      20.27 ms    0.0%    903.55 Mbps    1026.55 Mbps   Rogers - Toronto, ON
     Mexico City, MX  103.09 ms   N/A     874.85 Mbps    852.11 Mbps    INFINITUM - Mexico City

London, UK       73.95 ms    0.0%    925.15 Mbps    1077.26 Mbps   VeloxServ Communications - London
     Amsterdam, NL    79.80 ms    0.0%    927.39 Mbps    1099.52 Mbps   31173 Services AB - Amsterdam
     Paris, FR        80.07 ms    N/A     927.44 Mbps    1093.01 Mbps   Axione - Paris
     Frankfurt, DE    87.47 ms    0.0%    868.42 Mbps    974.18 Mbps    Clouvider Ltd - Frankfurt am Main
     Warsaw, PL       103.88 ms   0.0%    930.35 Mbps    783.47 Mbps    Play - Warszawa
     Bucharest, RO    111.87 ms   0.0%    878.32 Mbps    787.89 Mbps    Vodafone Romania Fixed – Bucharest - Bucharest
     Moscow, RU       180.49 ms   0.0%    906.11 Mbps    491.78 Mbps    MegaFon - Moscow

Jeddah, SA       133.35 ms   0.0%    929.83 Mbps    745.49 Mbps    Saudi Telecom Company
     Dubai, AE        202.14 ms   0.0%    898.03 Mbps    524.75 Mbps    du - Dubai
     Fujairah, AE     201.04 ms   0.0%    948.03 Mbps    533.75 Mbps    ETISALAT-UAE - Fujairah
     Istanbul, TR     134.34 ms   0.0%    880.31 Mbps    476.93 Mbps    Turkcell - Istanbul
     Tehran, IR       229.28 ms   0.0%    616.97 Mbps    534.97 Mbps    Asiatech - Tehran

Tokyo, JP        174.15 ms   N/A     849.34 Mbps    563.94 Mbps    fdcservers.net - Tokyo
     Shanghai, CU-CN  250.12 ms   0.3%    488.98 Mbps    22.61 Mbps     China Unicom 5G - Shanghai
     Nanjing, CT-CN   314.75 ms   0.3%    716.36 Mbps    5.50 Mbps      China Telecom JiangSu 5G - Nanjing
     Hong Kong, CN    219.51 ms   N/A     742.24 Mbps    403.10 Mbps    STC - Hong Kong
     Singapore, SG    247.65 ms   0.0%    818.45 Mbps    370.51 Mbps    i3D.net - Singapore
     Jakarta, ID      FAILED - IP has been rate limited. Try again after 1 hour.
     Avg DL Speed       : 829.33 Mbps
     Avg UL Speed       : 657.66 Mbps

Total DL Data      : 34.17 GB
     Total UL Data      : 28.31 GB
     Total Data         : 62.48 GB
     Duration           : 15 min 9 sec
     System Time        : 07/04/2024 - 18:59:43 IST
     Total Script Runs  : 40112
     Result             : https://result.network-speed.xyz/r/1712496306_YURDYI_GLOBAL.txt

• Glad to see the WA 4.5GB plan was back in place, is there any plan of restocking the PA 4.5GB?

• JDMcPeaJDMcPea Member

New 60U rack for Crunchy! Only $49!!!

Thanked by 2BruhGamer12 sh97
  • mr_dhrmr_dhr Member

Has this numberone2024 promo code expired? It's really too late to find your offer!

• mr_dhrmr_dhr Member

@mr_dhr said:
    Has this numberone2024 promo code expired? It's really too late to find your offer!

I would like to order a
    [LBLK] Dedicated Servers - [LBLK] Xeon E3 Dedicated Server [Micro]$65.00 USD/mo
    CPU: E3-1270 v5Free
    RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECCFree
    Disk Layouts: (1) 800GB NVMe & (3) 5TB HDDs$10.00 USD/mo
    Bandwidth: 50TB @ 1GbpsFree
    Additional IPv4: 0Free
    Operating System: Ubuntu 22Free

• @JDMcPea said:

Can you give me the link to that harbor freight item? Um... Asking for a friend? Lol

• Can not order multiple? Wanted to order 3 instances in the same region (PA), but after ordering the 1st one, it shows 'Out of Stock'...

• kclarkkclark Member

@FAT32 WE LOVE YOU!

I just learned about this and I'm hoping it get's restocked :(

• sh97sh97 Member

@kclark said:
    @FAT32 WE LOVE YOU!

I just learned about this and I'm hoping it get's restocked :(

It's discontinued, won't be restocked.
    Some may become available on cancellations.

• HajtHajt Member

Not sure if it's still available but let's try >:)

@FAT32 WE LOVE YOU!

• @FAT32 We love you 😄

• is it foreseeable if you @crunchbits will offer any promotions soon, maybe even in europe?

the only interesting vps for me in the usa would be this one "[PA] 4.5GB Yearly SSD VPS" but it is constantly / permanently? sold out. can you give me a sign if there will be something soon?

• sh97sh97 Member

@hyperblast said:
    is it foreseeable if you @crunchbits will offer any promotions soon, maybe even in europe?

the only interesting vps for me in the usa would be this one "[PA] 4.5GB Yearly SSD VPS" but it is constantly / permanently? sold out. can you give me a sign if there will be something soon?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3941020#Comment_3941020

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @crunchbits I think all your VPS services are out of stock.

• nfnnfn Veteran

Lovely offer!

• JanRJanR Member

What does this do?:

@FAT32 WE LOVE YOU!

and try to get every free item as possible!

• @Oldschool said:

@JDMcPea said:

Can you give me the link to that harbor freight item? Um... Asking for a friend? Lol

me too, looks nice cage

• @FAT32 WE LOVE YOU!