Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK colo recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK colo recommendations

Hi all,

I had recently looked into colocation in either UK or EU, however I failed to account for the logistical and tax/customs implications of shipping the server for hosting in the EU (thank you, Brexit) so I am now looking solely for hosting within the United Kingdom.

My requirement:

**Space: **
1U

Power:
75W (this is based on average consumption - server sits at 45-55W usually but can have occasional spikes during heavy workloads - 75W would more than cover this when calculating average usage over month)

Server has single power supply. If possible, provide redundant feed with ATS (but not essential)

Network:
2 ports required (server + IPMI). Server has 2.5Gb capability and would prefer mgig port if possible, although 1Gb is acceptable. IPMI can be 1Gb or 100Mb

2 x IPv4 addresses (as above, for server + IPMI)

Minimum 10TB/month bandwidth

Support:
Some "remote hands" needs to be available, though it could be a chargeable extra and not necessary included in contract.

Data Centre Access:
A "nice to have" to be able to access the DC myself to undertake some tasks if necessary, but not essential.

Many thanks for your time!

Comments