Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget-Friendly VPS Hosting from €1.30: Germany Servers on Sale! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget-Friendly VPS Hosting from €1.30: Germany Servers on Sale!

Comments

• SebekVPSSebekVPS Member, Patron Provider

@arachi004 said:
    how much does it cost for additional RAM?

unfortunately I don't use this approach regarding tariff plans, otherwise it disturbs the balance of resources

• @SebekVPS said:

@arachi004 said:

unfortunately I don't use this approach regarding tariff plans, otherwise it disturbs the balance of resources

so if the user is short of RAM, then it is impossible to add it? but by changing to a higher package?

• lorianlorian Member

@SebekVPS said:

@lorian said:

@SebekVPS said:

• Test IP 202.181.188.0

Why is there a 5ms RTT increase inside Frankfurt between Datacamp and your Test-IPv4? Assuming, it is the way back, even the shittiest provider would only need less than 1ms for that...

@SebekVPS said:

@FatStacks said:
    So which DC are the servers located in?

interwerk

Are you sure, it's interwerk and not Skylink? 5ms would exactly the RTT for Frankfurt-Eygelshoven...

you can do your investigations in another thread, thanks.

Wow, already feeling offended?
    It's not an investigation, only an 10 second mtr.
    Just saying that, when I used L2 transport from interwerk to Interxion a few years ago, it was less than 500us.
    So if your servers are in Interwerk, you defenitely want to check this.

@FatStacks said:

@SebekVPS said:

@FatStacks said:
    So which DC are the servers located in?

interwerk

Now I get why you did not want to state that as Interwerk is comparable to a garden shed
    So apparently just reselling active servers

By the way: Interwerk isn't that bad, as everyone says. Yes, they mostly use "fresh air cooling" and yes, there are not secure at all, but they costs only half as much as e.g. Interxion, so you should not compare them and they didn't had any real downtimes in the last years.
    I would not use them for anything critically, but this is LET, so a few private gameservers should be fine.

edited January 9

@arachi004 said:

@SebekVPS said:

@arachi004 said:

so if the user is short of RAM, then it is impossible to add it? but by changing to a higher package?

So if a user is short on RAM, then yes, it is logical to change the tariff.

• GhtGht Member

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:
    What kind of protection do you use for anti ddos & do you have filters for specific applications ?

"application specific" is L7 level, I offer L3/L4 only

You offer L3/L4 but what kind of anti ddos is that arbor , combahton , path ??

• @Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:
    What kind of protection do you use for anti ddos & do you have filters for specific applications ?

99% it's just CDN77's inbuilt mitigation, which is pretty good.

edited January 10

@fluffernutter said:

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:

standard mitigation will miss certain types of attacks (via tcp) and will not even switch to filtering.
    so no, I wouldn't say that :smiley:
    In addition to the inbuilt filtering on datapacket, I have additional filtering for specific attacks

• GhtGht Member

@SebekVPS said:

@fluffernutter said:

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:

standard mitigation will miss certain types of attacks (via tcp) and will not even switch to filtering.
    In addition to the inbuilt filtering on datapacket, I have additional filtering for specific attacks

Unless ur not answering my question there is no way to order from you. And as i can see your anti ddos its just ADS , and doesnt work at all.

• I hate to say it, but this one has deadpool written all over it. :( I was intrigued by the offering. Almost clicked even. But something about it wasn't adding up.

SebekVPS's caginess over standard simple questions that get asked numerous times per day on LET made me nope out. And it looks like I'm not the only one who's skipping...

Having idled around here for years, these sorts of responses tend to correlate with whatever we want to call one step more reliable than a summer host.

I'd be willing to venture a guess that they're renting some dedis on a 1Y term and that it won't be renewed.

edited January 10

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@fluffernutter said:

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:

Unless ur not answering my question there is no way to order from you. And as i can see your anti ddos its just ADS , and doesnt work at all.

By the way, I don't remember answering your question at all, another user did.
    "And as i can see your anti ddos its just ADS" What do you see? You are making a statement that is not verified by anything.
    The IP for testing is on the first page.

edited January 10

@lewellyn said:
    I hate to say it, but this one has deadpool written all over it. :( I was intrigued by the offering. Almost clicked even. But something about it wasn't adding up.

SebekVPS's caginess over standard simple questions that get asked numerous times per day on LET made me nope out. And it looks like I'm not the only one who's skipping...

Having idled around here for years, these sorts of responses tend to correlate with whatever we want to call one step more reliable than a summer host.

I'd be willing to venture a guess that they're renting some dedis on a 1Y term and that it won't be renewed.

I can tell the difference between a forum troll with no interest in the service and a reasonable user.
    you are probably exactly the same, making statements about 1 year server lease, but failing to check ASN where in half a year bought 3 subnets /24 on our own LIR, which has a cost of probably about $30 000
    you are unlikely to be able to answer anything of substance because you just want to make false claims but not back them up with anything

• Looks like a nice offer! Any chance the 7950X-PROMO or 3900-PROMO will be back in stock soon? Am new here, and would like to try out a let vps.

@frank16 said:
    Looks like a nice offer! Any chance the 7950X-PROMO or 3900-PROMO will be back in stock soon? Am new here, and would like to try out a let vps.

I've already added 5 of them for each sentence twice, but that's too often, maybe in a couple of days they'll show up again.

Thanked by 1frank16
  • The latency makes 0 sense if this is supposed to be in Frankfurt.
    I rather suspect a tunnel to Hetzner.

Same for your DDoS protection, where are you doing your own filtering?
    Your only upstream is Datapacket, meaning the traffic has already entered your network.

@FatStacks said:
    The latency makes 0 sense if this is supposed to be in Frankfurt.
    I rather suspect a tunnel to Hetzner.

Same for your DDoS protection, where are you doing your own filtering?
    Your only upstream is Datapacket, meaning the traffic has already entered your network.

I wrote earlier everything and what you need to know, you shouldn't be making it up as you go along.
    I have previously asked for investigations in your own thread, frankly I see no point in responding to such a troll, all your posts on this forum are completely useless, both intellectually and informationally.

• How do you explain this then?

Those IPs are directly connected to the SebekVPS's network gateways:

This would support the GRE theory even further.

Thanked by 3_MS_ tentor lorian
  • GhtGht Member
    edited January 10

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@fluffernutter said:

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:

"And as i can see your anti ddos its just ADS" What do you see? You are making a statement that is not verified by anything.

Can your "ANTI DDOS or UNLIMITED ANTI DDOS" Beat Path ? If Yes i will order.
    And i dont test ip-s im not an attacker but my services needs anti ddos so thats why im questioning.

@FatStacks said:
    How do you explain this then?

Nowadays, any fool can write random IP addresses and say it's true.
    what should be clear in your screenshot that you scanned the ports?
    Like I said, you can create your own thread and post your rubbish there.

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@fluffernutter said:

@Ght said:

@SebekVPS said:

@Ght said:

Can your "ANTI DDOS or UNLIMITED ANTI DDOS" Beat Path ? If Yes i will order.
    And i dont test ip-s im not an attacker but my services needs anti ddos so thats why im questioning.

I can't judge the quality of any protection, that's what the IP for the test is for.

• @SebekVPS said:

@lewellyn said:
    I hate to say it, but this one has deadpool written all over it. :( I was intrigued by the offering. Almost clicked even. But something about it wasn't adding up.

I can tell the difference between a forum troll with no interest in the service and a reasonable user.
    you are probably exactly the same, making statements about 1 year server lease, but failing to check ASN where in half a year bought 3 subnets /24 on our own LIR, which has a cost of probably about $30 000
    you are unlikely to be able to answer anything of substance because you just want to make false claims but not back them up with anything

Neat I'm a troll now who doesn't spend money. I guess all the various services I've accumulated over the years don't exist. Maybe next I'll just poof out of existence! YAY!

(Seriously though, this is the sort of response this thread is exactly why I decided not to spend money with you. You're extremely hostile and some fairly basic questions have lots of contradictory indirect answers that you basically just then defer to "I already answered this" when people seek clarification. I often keep services until the provider dies, and I prefer that to be 5+ years.)

@lewellyn said:

@SebekVPS said:

@lewellyn said:

Neat I'm a troll now who doesn't spend money. I guess all the various services I've accumulated over the years don't exist. Maybe next I'll just poof out of existence! YAY!

(Seriously though, this is the sort of response this thread is exactly why I decided not to spend money with you. You're extremely hostile and some fairly basic questions have lots of contradictory indirect answers that you basically just then defer to "I already answered this" when people seek clarification. I often keep services until the provider dies, and I prefer that to be 5+ years.)

everyone sees what they want to see, and it's not my job to change your mind.
    I respond with facts, you respond with sarcasm, if you find my responses hostile, it's only because apparently they don't suit you personally, not because they are hostile.

• kaitkait Member

@SebekVPS said: everyone sees what they want to see, and it's not my job to change your mind.

I respond with facts, you respond with sarcasm, if you find my responses hostile, it's only because apparently they don't suit you personally, not because they are hostile.

The best ping you can get even in frankfurt is ~6ms but most of the time its >10ms within the same fucking city, youre a joke. I can get a better network by backhauling T1s from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, and you can't even do the same within a fucking city.

• @SebekVPS said:

@FatStacks said:

those IPs are attached to the same SSH server (matched by SHA256 fingerprint, not clonable/fakeable) and this means both of those IPs are assigned to the same server, and this is the main gateway.

Also, within one minute of googling you can find a post from you on WHT stating you have "hundreds" of servers with Hetzner.

All supports the fact that your infra is not located in Frankfurt but you're rather tunneling to Hetzner.
    As proven by the screens above.

Besides that, there's no way you'd have 6ms latency within Frankfurt if you were located there.

Stop your BS..

@FatStacks said:

@SebekVPS said:

@FatStacks said:

those IPs are attached to the same SSH server (matched by SHA256 fingerprint, not clonable/fakeable) and this means both of those IPs are assigned to the same server, and this is the main gateway.

Also, within one minute of googling you can find a post from you on WHT stating you have "hundreds" of servers with Hetzner.

All supports the fact that your infra is not located in Frankfurt but you're rather tunneling to Hetzner.
    As proven by the screens above.

Besides that, there's no way you'd have 6ms latency within Frankfurt if you were located there.

Stop your BS..

Do I need to explain that I don't prevent users from building their own tunnels and 199.83.103.1 hasn't been a test address for more than two months?
    any client that creates a tunnel automatically associates me with it?
    why can't i have servers on hetzner? =D
    why should you care how my network is built?
    I have a lot of projects, thanks to which I can invest as much and wherever I need, did I say I don't have servers in hetzner? I only said they are not used for the services I provide here.
    Until you have any argument other than babble, you look ridiculous.
    Your next post with another stupidity and tunnel thinking in the literal sense, will lead to me just complaining to moderators for breaking the rules by you, and you do it time after time, accusing me of something and trying to prove your point.
    this is not your topic and not your services, you write something that is completely off topic, so get out and create your own topic where you will write all this nonsense.

@kait said:

@SebekVPS said: everyone sees what they want to see, and it's not my job to change your mind.

The best ping you can get even in frankfurt is ~6ms but most of the time its >10ms within the same fucking city, youre a joke. I can get a better network by backhauling T1s from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, and you can't even do the same within a fucking city.

of course, you couldn't think of anything cleverer to do than mirror the answer.
    I'm not going to tell you how and why my network is organised, unless you pay me for this information.
    you're both so funny, kind of like people with "the end is nigh" posters.

• Honestly, you seem to be seriously misrepresenting intent. I (and presumably others) have been trying to do our due diligence prior to signing up for services. You're literally just telling prospective customers trying to make sure they're setting their expectations appropriately to just gtfo.

I don't see anyone trolling you, making slanderous/libelous remarks, etc. I see people who are trying to find a reason to spend money with you and get their doubts assuaged. And the responses are consistently along the lines of "I don't need your business".

Literally no one is breaking the rules. The rules say that trashing offers is bad. No one is doing that. People are trying to have adult conversations to come to purchasing decisions. The golden rule of LET is "Don't be a dick", and, honestly, the only one I've seen being a dick in your thread is yourself.

@lewellyn said:
    Honestly, you seem to be seriously misrepresenting intent. I (and presumably others) have been trying to do our due diligence prior to signing up for services. You're literally just telling prospective customers trying to make sure they're setting their expectations appropriately to just gtfo.

I don't see anyone trolling you, making slanderous/libelous remarks, etc. I see people who are trying to find a reason to spend money with you and get their doubts assuaged. And the responses are consistently along the lines of "I don't need your business".

Literally no one is breaking the rules. The rules say that trashing offers is bad. No one is doing that. People are trying to have adult conversations to come to purchasing decisions. The golden rule of LET is "Don't be a dick", and, honestly, the only one I've seen being a dick in your thread is yourself.

you've done it yourself a few times, and now you can't see it?
    Ahahaha
    Well, what can I say to you after that answer? Nothing, cos whatever answer I give you, you'll say it's hostile or something.

• kaitkait Member

I have 8 less ping on average to a couple of different frankfurt providers, so wtf are you doing to make your network suck so much.

edited January 11

@kait said:
    I have 8 less ping on average to a couple of different frankfurt providers, so wtf are you doing to make your network suck so much.

I don't care what ping you have.
    You can either accept the fact that there is and not write every time.
    people who are not interested in services do not write or ask anything.
    people who are interested in services don't prove anything.
    you are neither, what are you forgetting in this thread?

• @frank16 said:
    Looks like a nice offer! Any chance the 7950X-PROMO or 3900-PROMO will be back in stock soon? Am new here, and would like to try out a let vps.

Promo in stock

Thanked by 1frank16
This discussion has been closed.